Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cal Destroys Oklahoma

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cal Destroys Oklahoma Empty Cal Destroys Oklahoma on Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:29 am

Short recap:

Whatever Cal wanted to do in this game they did, as they were able to run the ball for two scores, throw for four more, and force 5 turnovers on the day and completely demolish a tough Sooners team. The Cal defense came through big time limiting the Oklahoma offense to only 3 points, and those came after an ill-advised through by Cal QB Zach Maynard to give the Sooners good field position. Not only did the Bears keep Oklahoma off the board for most of the game, but only allowed 19 yards rushing throughout all four quarters and made the Oklahoma offense as one-dimensional as possible.

The Golden Bears would head into halftime up 28-0. Oklahoma would finally get on the board in the third to make it 28-3, but then Cal would rattle off 14 more points to put the game well out of reach for the final score of 42-3. With 4 minutes remaining in the game, Coach Quinlan pulled all his Seniors from the field, to get an early look at next year's team. Aside from a couple linemen, the QB, and HB, a vast majority of next season's team returns to the field. And even they were somewhat productive as backup QB Kyle Boehm (3-7, 77 yds, 1 td, 1 int) would find the end zone once, and came close a second time. His lone pick was in the Oklahoma end zone, and only happened because of a stellar break by the defender to get to the ball otherwise Boehm would have had his second TD pass of the game.

With the quick look at next season's offense/defense, fans are expecting big things next year.

The Golden Bears finish the year with a 9-4 record and a #11 ranking in the nation.

View user profile

2Cal Destroys Oklahoma Empty Re: Cal Destroys Oklahoma on Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:58 am

Nice win and way to end the season. Cal is on its way up for sure.

It does seem like Oklahoma never plays well in bowl games. Last year Turner crushed them in the NC and this year you handled them easily.

2013 Record: #8 1-1 (0-0)
2012 ACC Champions

Cal Destroys Oklahoma BostonCollegeSig-2

View user profile http://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

3Cal Destroys Oklahoma Empty Re: Cal Destroys Oklahoma on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:15 am

Yeah it surprised me too. They had little to no running game, and Landry Jones couldn't get a pass off without getting smacked in the mouth. I was excited my team finally put together an all around great performance. After that game, and looking at my recruiting class and returning players, I'm hoping they offer me an extension because I'm staying.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum