Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oregon St @ Cal

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oregon St @ Cal Empty Oregon St @ Cal Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:35 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

In what should have been a good game between Oregon State and Cal, turned into a blowout. Cal's defense played their most complete game of the season allowing only 10 points, and the only TD coming on a wacky ending in the 2nd half when Jacquizz Rodgers broke a half dozen tackles and sprinted the 83yds to the endzone. Besides that run, Cal contained the explosive runner to only 19yds. As a whole, Oregon State could do nothing offensively and Cal held them under 200yds and under 100yds passing.

Coach B had a few words to say when asked about the impressive defense today, "Today was the reason I became a head coach, all season I have been drilling into our team's head that defense wins championships, and today I think they understood what I meant. Take away that impressive effort of Jacquizz at the end of the second half, and we held them to almost 100yds of total offense."

Cal on the other hand could do almost anything they wanted through the air. Riley played one of his best games of the season going 26-31 for 380yds, 4 TDs, and only 1 INT. Cal had another big day from their budding star in Alex Lagemann as he took the game into his own hands and racked up over 200yds receiving.

When asked about the enigma that is Kevin Riley, Coach B responded, "Riley has the potential to be a great asset or our weakest link. He showed earlier this season his ability to respond to a bad game with utter excellence, then I don't know what happened. Today showed his poise, after throwing another INT on the first drive of the game, he answered by going nearly perfect for the rest of the game. If we hadn't had such a lead in the 3rd qrt, he probably could have thrown for 500 or more yards. I'm proud of Riley's performance and glad I stuck with him through the season."

With today's victory for the Golden Bears, they move one step closer to the Pac-10 crown. Their fate is in their hands, all they have to do is win out for a share of the title and with a little help, can take it all.

Scoreline:
Teams: 1st2nd3rd4thFinal
Oreg St: 073010
Cal: 14177745

POTG:
Cal: WR A.Lagemann 10 rec, 210yds, 2 TDs
Oregon St: RE K.Frahm 6 tkls (5 TFL), 4 sacks

Last edited by Elixor1987 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Oregon St @ Cal Empty Re: Oregon St @ Cal Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:34 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

How is the PAC 10 looking? Are youpoised to win it? Who did you lose to in conference.

3Oregon St @ Cal Empty Re: Oregon St @ Cal Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:56 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

I lost to USC...

4Oregon St @ Cal Empty Re: Oregon St @ Cal Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:07 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

What is their conf rec? Do you have a chance to win the PAC 10?

5Oregon St @ Cal Empty Re: Oregon St @ Cal Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:15 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Prior to my win over Oregon State, we both had the same conference record of 5-1. Good thing for me is that they do have to play UCLA, so that might help me. I win out and they win out, I'll lose the Pac-10 with them winning the heads up against me. I need UCLA to have one of their best games or have USC stumble before then.

6Oregon St @ Cal Empty Re: Oregon St @ Cal Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:20 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

You are in a much better spot then me still. i need a small mirical to happen in order to win the Big East.

7Oregon St @ Cal Empty Re: Oregon St @ Cal Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:17 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Apparently USC lost during my bye week so they were 5-2, so I'm in the driver's seat with only Arizona and Stanford in my way.

8Oregon St @ Cal Empty Re: Oregon St @ Cal Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:23 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

Nice. Damn UCONN won and so did USF and WVU. Now I have no chance at the Big East. I hate UCONN!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum