Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Smurf Turf Nailbitter! #18 Cal @ #13 Boise State

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

After a dismal showing against Oklahoma State in week one, the offense showed little improvement. For the majority of the game, defense ruled, and in the end, the Cal defense won them the game. After entering the 4th with a 19-17 lead, Boise State would RB D.Martin would score his 2nd rushing TD of the game from there, Cal's hopes look dim. Cal had to score on the next possession to keep within reach, but after a couple of quick 1st downs, the drive stalled and after failing to convert on 4th down, Cal turned the ball over on downs. Then the defense took the game into their hands; while most people would have ran the ball to eat up clock, the CPU and Boise State tried a quick play action pass that set up a dazzling finish as CB J.Hill returned an INT for 79yds and a TD. After the TD-INT, Cal had almost 3 mins to hopefully stop Boise State and just score. Then lightning struck twice, on the 2nd play of Boise's next drive Cal SS DJ Campbell returned another INT for another TD putting Cal up by 6 points. With Boise now in scoring mode and needing a TD with over 2 mins to play, defense was simple...knock anything and everything down. Boise failed to convert a 1st down and went 3 and out for only the 2nd time all day. With the time on the clock, Cal wasn't as stupid as the CPU and ran the ball with a heavy dosage of Vereen. Vereen killed enough clock and moved Cal within the 5yd line, and with under 10 secs remaining Bridgford would score on a 4yd run to seal the comeback for Cal.

Scoreline:
Teams: 1st2nd3rd4thFinal
Boise St: 1036726
Cal: 7372239

POTG:
Cal:*WR C.Satchell 144 KR yds, TD(2nd KR TD in 2 games)
Boise State: RB D.Martin 27car, 133yds, 2 TDs

*Cal's actual PLAYERS OTG were CB J.Hill and SS DJ Campbell.

Michigan State Spartans

2010: 5-0(2-0)
View user profile
Nice comeback win. I will be on that same blue turf next week. look s like I got my hands full with the Smurfs.

View user profile
Good luck...Martin is dangerous! Both of his TDs were 30yd runs in which he broke several tackles and a couple of jukes in which made me completely miss..

Michigan State Spartans

2010: 5-0(2-0)
View user profile
Thanks for the heads up.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum