Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conference realignment question

+3
Texasfight33
King_CEPS_11
russeak82
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:16 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Well maybe there would be enough guys that would want to take on another rebuilding project that this system will work fine.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

27Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:26 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Also something that should be noted is that in the coaching coaches don't get fired until there contract expires. So in essence they don't ever get fired they just don't get their contracts renewed. That means that it is only possible for us to even get job offers at schools where the coach is in the last year of his contract or if a coach retires (Penn State). I took a quick look at coaching contracts and this year those schools are:
Wake Forest
Iowa State
Kansas
Baylor
Washington State

So other than a school that has a coach retire (JoePa retires the first year almost every time) these are the only schools that will even possibly come open in any BCS conferences after year one.

Also with the moving of conferences. Should we wait to move Big East teams until 2013? Because that is when all of them are going to and move in and the Big East isn't letting WVU, Pitt, or Syracuse leave until 2014.

Last edited by King_CEPS_11 on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

28Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:30 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

personally i dont like have 6 conferences. To me it feels like you play one user in the conference championship and usually you just roll through conference play and have a 50/50 chance of getting a BCS. ID prefer it stay 4 but whatever yall want is fine with me

29Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:34 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Texasfight33 wrote:personally i dont like have 6 conferences. To me it feels like you play one user in the conference championship and usually you just roll through conference play and have a 50/50 chance of getting a BCS. ID prefer it stay 4 but whatever yall want is fine with me

Yeah that's true it does make winning the conference championship a lot easier. What if we at least make it so there is only one user allowed per division that way they will at least have to play for the conference championship and possible even have to play twice?

30Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Thu Dec 08, 2011 7:10 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

that would work! but i really dont care, if we went with 6 we would have some great BCS matchups so i honestly ddont care.

31Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:06 am

russeak82

russeak82

King,
Just FYI, if WVU isn't let out of there conference this year then Mizzou will not be let out either. They both have to make the move at the same time and that is something even the SEC agreed to as well.

32Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:33 am

Rowbo73

Rowbo73

So where do we stand on this issue now that pretty much everyone has weighed in on the issue?

33Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Sun Dec 11, 2011 4:13 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Rowbo73 wrote:So where do we stand on this issue now that pretty much everyone has weighed in on the issue?

I'm not sure. At first I thought there were more people that wanted to stay right along with real life, but now it seems there are more telling me they would want the best for the od whether that follows real life or not.

34Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:19 pm

Rowbo73

Rowbo73

King_CEPS_11 wrote:
Rowbo73 wrote:So where do we stand on this issue now that pretty much everyone has weighed in on the issue?

I'm not sure. At first I thought there were more people that wanted to stay right along with real life, but now it seems there are more telling me they would want the best for the od whether that follows real life or not.

That's why you get paid the big bucks to be the commish!! Not gonna be an easy decision but one tht will have to be made by seasons end...good news is that the end of the season is still a good distance away. Let the debate continue...!

35Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:23 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Rowbo73 wrote:
That's why you get paid the big bucks to be the commish!! Not gonna be an easy decision but one tht will have to be made by seasons end...good news is that the end of the season is still a good distance away. Let the debate continue...!

Haha yeah that's true. I'm gonna use every bit of the time to make this decision. But until then everybody will have a chance to voice their opinions and all will be heard.

36Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:51 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

i jusst though of this but if we go 6 conferences 2 teams there is no room for anyone in the offseason. Unless they ethier moved in their confernce or decided with someone else to switch. i almost thinking 5 conferences

37Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:12 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Texasfight33 wrote:i jusst though of this but if we go 6 conferences 2 teams there is no room for anyone in the offseason. Unless they ethier moved in their confernce or decided with someone else to switch. i almost thinking 5 conferences

Right. This is the main reason we started with 4 conferences. That way we can let people move fairly freely at first if they want to go to the Big East or Big 12 but once we have 6 conferences and 2 users per conference the only moving will be in conference or if you and another user agree to switch conferences.

38Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:22 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Basically I will allow movement pretty freely at first, but as time goes on it will get more strict. So I will probably set some rules for movement that are something like this

-If you are at your first school (meaning you haven't accepted any offers on the coaching carousel)
-You can move to any conference that has less than three users in it
-You can move into a conference that doesn't have any user if you follow the following criteria
-You can only be allowed in a conference by yourself for two years max
-You can stay in that conference by yourself longer if you have a written commitment by another user to join you when the next available job come open in that conference

-If you are at your second school plus (accepted a job on coaching carousel)
-You can only move to a conference that only has one user in it currently
-You can only move to a division that doesn't have a user in it
-You can switch anywhere if you have agreed upon a division-for-division switch with another user

These are just some rough guidelines that will allow for movement, but that is just to give everybody an idea of how it will work.

39Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:29 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

So does that mean Rutgers is still a no for me this year?

40Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:34 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

SonOfSithis5411 wrote:So does that mean Rutgers is still a no for me this year?

For this year yes. These rules are for movement through coaching carousel

41Conference realignment question - Page 2 Empty Re: Conference realignment question Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

All that sounds complicated in my opinion let's add big 12 or big east and you can move into any of the 5 conferences when you please as long as there aren't three users

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2