Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Arizona upsets defending champs Minnesota 34-31

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

Too much happened in this gam to get an entire recap up, unfortunately. The score at halftime was 24 and Arizona got the ball to start the second half. Then THIS happened. Crazy. That gave the Wildcats the lead and Minnesota the ball. Minnesota would score on the ensuing drive to tie the game yet again at 31. Arizona would get the ball back with just under 3 miuntes left and would get to the Minnesota 31 yard line, where they would be forced to kick a field goal. After being iced, Jaime Salazar, calm as the eye of the storm, came out and banged a 48 yarder to give the Wildcats the 34-31 lead. On Minnesota's next drive they esentially drove the entire length of the field. However, they were forced to kick a field goal. After a timeout to try annd baffle the Gopher placekicker Chris Hawthrone, and it worked. Being inside the 20 yard line it would seeem a chip shot for most kickers and the game would be in OT. But Hawthorne wasnt able to come through. (THE GAME WOULDNT LET ME SAVE THE MISSED FG?! wtf Evil or Very Mad ) Final score was 34-31, and Arizona defeated the defending National Champs. This gives the WIldcats their first win on the season after coming up short against Syracuse two weeks ago. Minnesota falls to 3-1.

Amazing game turner. One of the best ive played on ncaa so far. i hate playing the triple option on this game.

turner46

turner46

u2, you defended the triple option well, 1 big run by Gray that caught your defense over pursuing on a trap option and the other Gray TD was Gray being a beast looking like hell get a short gain he broke a tackle and weaved for 6. The rest of my TD's were RS FR Marcus Jones being a beast taking a kick 98 yards and a punt 85 yards. That A Hill TD angered me a little but oh well, he was a beast today.

Again Great Game and nice kicking under pressure, I knew i should have tried to set up that FG in the middle of the field, I dont know if kicks can hit the upright in NCAA 12 and trickle in but I was trying to will it too Smile.

3Arizona upsets defending champs Minnesota 34-31 Empty Wow Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:17 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

All I can say is WOW! I am stunned to stay the least. Not that I didn't think it couldn't happen but Turner has been on fire and RJ had seemingly yet to find his groove at Arizona. Huge win RJ! Looks like you are getting things rolling in Zona now just keep it going.

Looking at the box score it seems like a wild game. Turner with a kick off return right before half and a punt return and then that pass by RJ, that was crazy. Somebody had a play like that against me last season, maybe WhiteKnight, but it was called back for holding.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

Thanks. I want my qb tom savage out of there, i just dont like how he feels while playing. But he the best qb i have. Hopefully i can keep it up!

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

wow! two great wins for the pac-12 with CAL and Zona. sorry i let everyone down. Great win RJA

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum