Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Purdue Overcomes 24 Point Deficit to Win 41-38

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

davisbsme

The Boilermakers struggled on both ends of the ball to start the game with Penn State pulling ahead 31-7. The Boilermakers came back strong to bring the score to 31-26 late in the fourth. The Boilermakers went for it on 4th and long with about 2 minutes left in the game and failed. The only chance left was to hold Penn State to 3 and out, but on the first play the Boilermakers forced a fumble and SS Ishmael Aristide picked it up and took it all the way back for the lead! (34-31)

The Nittany Lions drove right back down the field and scored with 54 seconds left (38-34). It looked like a heart breaker in West Lafayette, but QB Rob Henry led the Boilermakers back down the field for his 4th TD pass of the game. This time it was to WR OJ Ross. Final score 41-38. What a game!

Top Performers:
TE Gabe Holmes 200yd rec, 2TD
QB Rob Henry 344 yd, 4TD, 2INT
SS Ishmael Aristide 3tkl, 1FF, 1FR for TD

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Wow! Awesome game and great comeback. Nice recap also. Those close, down-to-the-wire games are always the most fun for me although they are frustrating and nerve racking

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

davisbsme

Thanks King! I was so frustrated the first half of that game. I had to calm down and get back to basics and slowly came back. Definitely the close games are the most fun. #6 on my ESPN Classics.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum