Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Game of the Week

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Game of the Week Empty Game of the Week Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:10 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

#4 Georgia vs #7 Florida

The World's Largest Cocktail Party will have enormous SEC and national implications this year. The Gators have suffered two devastatingly close losses that will more than likely cost them a chance at a National Title but they are still very much in the hunt for an SEC Title. For that to happen they will need to start of be beating Georgia. But the Bulldogs have plans of their own. The 8-0 start by the Bulldogs has seen them vault in the polls all the way to number four when they were just unranked two weeks ago. A win over Florida could see the SEC loving BCS move them all the way up into the top spot. Now that the Bulldogs have reached this pinnacle it will not be easy to stay here. If the Bulldogs wish to make the BCS Title game they will not only need to be able to beat the Gators but also Auburn on the road, Kentucky on the road, and beat arch rival Georgia Tech. Not to mention they will also have to win an SEC title game likely against Alabama or Mississippi State. So Georgia has their wok cut out for them but winning out should secure them a spot in the title game. With all that said the focus is still on this week as the Dogs and AJ Green meet the Gators and their vaunted defense.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

2Game of the Week Empty Re: Game of the Week Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:24 am

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

Im so ticked off that georgia is up to #4. that probably happens in real life. He goes from unranked to 17 to 4 in a span of like 4-5 weeks

3Game of the Week Empty Re: Game of the Week Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:07 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I know it's crazy but I think they deserve to be in the top 5. They are undefeated playing in the SEC, I would be really upset if they jump me this week, which I'm sure they will. But hopefully I can make up enough ground or hope that somebody can beat Northwestern, because if nobody beats them and I go undefeated and miss out I'm gonna be mad.

4Game of the Week Empty Re: Game of the Week Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:33 pm

alief42

alief42

Georgia should be ranked high. SEC schedule and undefeated! Aggies ranked high also cause of their conference and being undefeated! i think Georgia has played tougher opponents than either wisconsin or a&m. Big 10 conference isn't as strong as SEC or Big 12 anymore. Ohio State and Penn State keeping Big 10 respectable. Just my 2 cents from out here in sunny california! haha! Bruins pull another conference win out versus Arizona! Bruins in 4 way tie for pac 10 title! Sim game against washington gonna to hurt me! i know it!

5Game of the Week Empty Re: Game of the Week Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:44 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I think Georgia has probably had a tougher schedule as well, especially with the Florida victory now under there belt, but my schedule has been tough as well and I have Oklahoma next week and Texas coming up. I just think there should be something in the fact that I have been ranked so high all season and I don't think Georgia should jump me as we are both undefeated. I don't know if they will but that is what normally happens with EA. But if I win out I don't think it will really matter cause I can't see Northwestern going undefeated anyways.

Ya that sim loss definitely sucks but you have still been on a roll despite that so you should be fine. It will really come down to the USC and Cal games for you. If you win both of those you should be golden

6Game of the Week Empty Re: Game of the Week Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:23 pm

alief42

alief42

Yea that would be real nice but if I can get ucla to a nice bowl game I'll be happy! Get a couple decent recruits with some speed.

7Game of the Week Empty Re: Game of the Week Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:21 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

alief42 wrote:Georgia should be ranked high. SEC schedule and undefeated! Aggies ranked high also cause of their conference and being undefeated! i think Georgia has played tougher opponents than either wisconsin or a&m. Big 10 conference isn't as strong as SEC or Big 12 anymore. Ohio State and Penn State keeping Big 10 respectable. Just my 2 cents from out here in sunny california! haha! Bruins pull another conference win out versus Arizona! Bruins in 4 way tie for pac 10 title! Sim game against washington gonna to hurt me! i know it!

Excuse me?? ohio state? what about wisconsin here buddy, even iowa. and woohoo they beat florida so did i doesnt mean i got ranked nnumber one and everyone is loving it.

8Game of the Week Empty Re: Game of the Week Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:28 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I think he meant the non-user Big 10 members. And you would have been ranked number one at some point had you not suffered the loss, Northwestern jumped Texas and me and they only have six wins total. I mean you are still the top ranked 1 loss team and the Big 10 has 4 teams in the top 10 so it's not like the polls hate on the Big 10. But I don't understand why Georgia was able to jump up so quickly. They should have been ranked earlier in the season and worked their way up more gradually, but I think what they are currently ranked is the ranking they deserve... that is until they jump me then they will be ranked too high lol Very Happy

9Game of the Week Empty Re: Game of the Week Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:32 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

They should have lost to me the first week of the season, but I got behind early and allowed enough time on clock for them to get in FG range...but I agree that they deserve to be a top 10 being undefeated and from the SEC, I don't know about top 5 in 2 weeks.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum