Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Week One Discussion

3 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Week One Discussion Empty Week One Discussion Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:14 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Week One is now up.

Dang I forgot to post everyones schedule for people you to check them but I think I got most peoples request and I managed to give everybody 1 home and 1 away user ooc game, so I hope its all good.

GOTW

Mississippi State vs Virginia- Big week one user game. One will be 1-0 and off to a good start the other... not so much.

Kentucky vs Louisville- Rivalry game right off the bat in the Battle for the Governors Cup (I think). This game starts off a brutal five game start for Kentucky.

Oregon State vs North Carolina- Another big user game out the gate. Again winner is off to a good start while the other is playing catch-up.

Get after 'em boys.

***Reminder: We will advance at around 11 pm eastern time on Tuesday. The only way I will hold it off is if you let me know on here. So either get your stuff in or let me know what's up***

Last edited by King_CEPS_11 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:10 am; edited 3 times in total

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

2Week One Discussion Empty 37-17 Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:51 am

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

STARSKVILLE, MISSISSIPPIThce Dogs got of to a fast start tonight at home against a very tough VIrginia Cavilier team, The Cavs offense was very hard to figuer out but towards the fourth quarter the defense held tough for a vvictory of 37-17. A great way to start a new era. but tougher texast lay ahead with AUburn away next weekend.

Recap
1st Quarter:Right as the team walked onto the field at Davis Wade stadium to the very last kneel down the crowd was going absoullye nuts. Virginia won the toss and chose th recieve the ball. The opening drive they got into the redzone but the DAWG DEE made a huge stop to force them to a field goal. The next possesion for the Dawgs was a good one they drove down and DIxon took it in for a 22 yard TD run to give MSU an early 7-3 lead. the 1st quarter was finished of by a few punts from each team.
2ns Quarter:The 2nd quarteer was a very weird quarter it started of very slow with both teams being forced to punt the ball many times but then with 55 seconds left things started to heat up. with 55 seconds left it was 3rd and goal and MSU really needed to getmomentum on their side. they gave the ball to Fullback P.Hanrahan and he bruised his way in for the TD that drive was set up by alot of very good running by DIxion. At this point MSU is hoping to go into the locker room up 14-3 yeah that didnt happen at al. The next VIrginia drive BQ Sewell had a couple of deep bombs and then ran it in himself for a 19 yard TD run making the score 14-10 withy 30 seconds left. OKay at this point most fans are thinking ok the halftime score is going to be 14-10 yeah that didnt happen. with about 10 seconds left MSU threw a deepball all the way down to the one. it was 1st and goal from the one and they had no time outs left. with four seconds to go coach Patterson decided to go for it instead of kick the field goal. so he gave it to Hanarhan the fukllback for a one yard TD run. Halftime score 21-10.
3rd quarter: the 3rd Quarater was another calm one MSU had a few good drives get going but ending in fieldgoals like with 4:49 left on the clock their kicker drilled a 51 yard field goal, and with1:21 left he drilled a 53 yard field goal. that was retty much it for the 3rd Quarter.
4th QUarter: The fourth quarter started off well for the Dawgsthe marched into the redzone but stalled and settled for a fieldgoal at 6:01 making the score 30-10 making the game seem over for virginia but wait the next drive J. Sewell hit t.MAck for a 19 yard TD making the score 30-17. sudden;y at that moment everyone had a thaught in the backs of their mind that VIrginia might come back. but with 34 ticks left DIxon went in for a 2 yard TD all but sealed the deal for the Dawgs along with a few late INTS.
FInal Score 37-17

Stats

Team stats MSU:
total offense 399 yards
Rushing yards 146
passing yards 253
turnovers 0
Team stats UVA:
Total offense 300 yards
rushing yards 81
passing yards 219
turnovers 4 (4interceptions)

INdividule stats MSU (passer rusher receiver)
Relf 12/16 253 yards 0 tds
Dixon 26 att 117 yards 2 tds
Bumphis 4 rec 99 yards

indivudle stats UVA (passer rusher receiver)
Sewell 20/37 219 yards 1td 4 int's
Jackson 13 att 32 yards
SImpson 47 yards 8 rec

Check out my highlights i up loadd two

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/15928748

Last edited by Texasfight33 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:53 am; edited 3 times in total

3Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:06 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Darn no game for me cause I gave myself a bye the first week I guess that was a bad idea lol

4Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:11 am

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

haha that sucks ima have my press conference tomorrow before going over all my coaches and the year itself before i have to take on the red raiders. This game will show me the strengths of my db's and how i recruit some young talent.

5Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:15 am

I plan on doing the same thing as RJAfan6. I am going to have a mid week press conference discussing my matchup this week then I will play my game once I get home from school tomorrow....

6Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:18 am

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

but theres no school tomorrow . . .its martin luther king day. . . lol federal holiday

7Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:20 am

We were suppost to be out but we have to make it up cause we were off for a snow day earlier in the year, haha it sucks....

8Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:22 am

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

oh i didnt think it was possible to override the government haha

9Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:25 am

Haha idk us Oklahomans are weird. Lol

10Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:32 am

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

i dont want to have to apologize for anything else so i wont say anything

11Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:35 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya I'm gonna do a similar press conference type thing but of course with a bye week I will have less to talk about

12Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:37 am

Hahaha I hope you know I'm kidding RJAfan6. But it would be kinda funny and cool if you did. Lol!

13Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:39 am

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

o ya i know i love dickin around with stuff like this

14Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:43 am

Hahaha yeah

15Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:49 am

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

ill post a full recap tommorow but check out my highlights i posted on the link

16Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:51 am

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

i def will im on my ps3 though and cant cuz you cant have flash player on here

17Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:53 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya I'm gonna post some pics and videos once I actually get to play lol

18Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:58 am

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

well maybe you shouldnt give yourself a bye

19Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:47 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya I guess that was just poor planning by me. Oh well I guess that just means I get mine out of the way sooner

20Week One Discussion Empty Stanford vs WSU Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:57 am

After going up 37-7 at the half. WSU comes out in the 2nd half looking like the best team in college football. Luck couldn't even do a three step drop without getting drilled. He ended up throwing 5 ints on the day. All but one from major pressure. Stanfords young o-line is going to have a lot of work ahead of them if they want to have a sucessful season. As for the D, the offense is going to have to score a lot of points this year!

21Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:15 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

What was the final?

22Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:16 am

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

50-43 if im not mistaken

Last edited by Texasfight33 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total

23Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:17 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Dang barn burner. Did he end up hanging on?

24Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:19 am

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

yeah he did

25Week One Discussion Empty Re: Week One Discussion Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:56 am

Ya it was 50-43. I hung on for the win. They kept getting 2 point conversions also. It was unreal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum