Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holding and roughing penalties

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Holding and roughing penalties Empty Holding and roughing penalties Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:48 pm

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

so I have had a major issue with holding and roughing penalties like 10-12 penalties per game it seems...am I the only having this issue? I get u can go to tendencies and turn hold blocks to conservative but the roughing still happens...could we either turn down thefrequency or turn down tendencies it gets ridiculous during certain games...

2Holding and roughing penalties Empty Re: Holding and roughing penalties Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:54 pm

davisbsme

TheWhiteKnightGT wrote:so I have had a major issue with holding and roughing penalties like 10-12 penalties per game it seems...am I the only having this issue? I get u can go to tendencies and turn hold blocks to conservative but the roughing still happens...could we either turn down thefrequency or turn down tendencies it gets ridiculous during certain games...

I have had the same issues. I have been able to avoid the roughing penalties recently, but holding happens over and over again. I had a 1st and 10, three straight holds, resulting in a first and forever. My vote would be to pull the slider back a little from 100 on these two for the 2012 season.

3Holding and roughing penalties Empty Re: Holding and roughing penalties Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:57 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

TheWhiteKnightGT wrote:so I have had a major issue with holding and roughing penalties like 10-12 penalties per game it seems...am I the only having this issue? I get u can go to tendencies and turn hold blocks to conservative but the roughing still happens...could we either turn down thefrequency or turn down tendencies it gets ridiculous during certain games...

Yeah I'm thinking about turning down the roughing the passer slider because I usually get two-three roughing the passer calls per game and 90% of the time it is a completely stupid call. For instance in my game vs Maryland one time they had a third and long and threw an incompletion and my guy was walking after the play and walks by the QB and he falls down all dramatic and gets a roughing the passer then on the same drive its another third and long and another incompletion and this time one of the offensive line man bumps into the QB and they get the call again.

Sometimes they call it on a close call when my guy hits him just after the pass so I don't have a problem with that cause I would rather get that called then it never be called. So I'm thinking of turning it down to 80 next year. But as for holding it is only at 55 and it is really the only other penalty I have had called on me this year so it will probably stay where it is. If we turn it down it will never get called and we will have no penalties against us which isn't realistic at all so at least right now the number of total penalties is realistic.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

4Holding and roughing penalties Empty Re: Holding and roughing penalties Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Texag610

Texag610

very very very very very much agree!!! playing my game now and just had an absolutely TERRRIBLE call...first off my guy was held to the ground lol, then he gets up and just stares at the QB and he falls over...i wish i could have saved that replay, was pretty bad, but also pretty damn funny

5Holding and roughing penalties Empty Re: Holding and roughing penalties Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:04 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Texag610 wrote:very very very very very much agree!!! playing my game now and just had an absolutely TERRRIBLE call...first off my guy was held to the ground lol, then he gets up and just stares at the QB and he falls over...i wish i could have saved that replay, was pretty bad, but also pretty damn funny
Yeah I have had this a lot and it normally happens on a third down incompletion. I don't have as much a problem with it being on third down but more of a problem with my guy not even hitting him. So I think next year I'll move roughing the passer down to 80 and so how that goes.

6Holding and roughing penalties Empty Re: Holding and roughing penalties Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:06 pm

davisbsme

Crap. Holding is only 55. I thought it was 100. I guess I just need better linemen...

7Holding and roughing penalties Empty Re: Holding and roughing penalties Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:15 pm

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

Yea I just turn it to conservative holding on pass plays haha

8Holding and roughing penalties Empty Re: Holding and roughing penalties Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:18 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

TheWhiteKnightGT wrote:Yea I just turn it to conservative holding on pass plays haha

I normally only get holding on run plays, I don't think it has happened much for me on passes.

9Holding and roughing penalties Empty Re: Holding and roughing penalties Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:22 pm

Texag610

Texag610

doesnt matter what kind of play it is for me, i always get holding penalties lol

10Holding and roughing penalties Empty Re: Holding and roughing penalties Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:21 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

yea the roughing the passer calls have been bogus. But they havent been a huge issue for me. I think we should tone them down a little bit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum