Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unhappy Coach Speaks Out

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Unhappy Coach Speaks Out Empty Unhappy Coach Speaks Out Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:20 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

The Chicago Sun-Times reported today that 2nd year Northwestern Football Coach, Tim Ryan, held a press conference today and voiced his unhappiness with the Northwestern Athletic Department. Ryan cited that the administration's focus on athletics is subpar and not where it needs to be to take this team to the Championship level he aspires for the Wildcats. After an 8-4 season and a win in the TicketCity Bowl, Ryan looks to 2012 to be an even better year for his young Cats. When he asked the Athletic Office for some new equipment and was put on the back burner not once, but three separate times, his p[patience has worn thin.
"You cannot expect these kids to keep busting their butts day in and day out with less than modern equipment while the Department that supposedly has their back sits back and never gives them anything in the way of a reward. It is a travesty to ignore kids that pour their hearts out for this university and get nothing in return. This is not the type of school I envision myself making a home at for a long time if the support we need is not going to be here. I am here for these kids not the school at this point. When I was an assistant at Rutgers, I knew what true support was. I wish they would come calling for me. I'd answer that call"

These were Coach Ryan's parting words today as he left the podium and headed out to the field for the first spring practice of the new season. It was rumored that Ryan asked out of his contract to pursue a new school but Northwestern has denied that request was ever made. Ryan had no comment either on this topic. We will be keeping a keen eye on this situation as it develops this summer and fall.

2Unhappy Coach Speaks Out Empty Re: Unhappy Coach Speaks Out Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:33 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Tumultuous times at Northwestern! Will Coach Ryan stick with the Wildcats or will he leap at the first job offer he gets? Interesting situation indeed

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

3Unhappy Coach Speaks Out Empty Re: Unhappy Coach Speaks Out Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:36 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

These poor kids don't even have hot water in the locker rooms . It's a disgrace.

4Unhappy Coach Speaks Out Empty Re: Unhappy Coach Speaks Out Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:07 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

Academics is always number one up there

5Unhappy Coach Speaks Out Empty Re: Unhappy Coach Speaks Out Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:54 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

I don't get paid for SAT scores. stay tune for this ongoing saga.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum