Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

UK@ARK Recap

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1UK@ARK  Recap Empty UK@ARK Recap Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:19 pm

djdj23

First off - sorry for the restart guys...the game froze. Which really pissed me off because I was up 2 TD in the 3rd. Oh well...so here's the game re-cap.

UK @ ARK - 38-41 L (4-3, 2-1)
------------------------------
For anyone that watches Kentucky football, this game will remind them plenty of the past. UK looks good for 3 and half quarters, then loses it in the end. This was no different.

Tyler Wilson connected on a 47 YD TD pass with 23 seconds left to play to give Arkansas the 41-38 victory over the visiting Wildcats.

The Kentucky Offense was rolling early and often racking up a grand total of 596 yards. Morgan Newton threw for 403 yards and 3 TD, but it was the 4 INT that led the Wildcats unraveling. Even Sophomore running back Josh Clemons rushed 22 times for 143 yards and TD. Clemons also had the longest catch of the day, going 91 yards on a screen play from the UK 5 yard line to the ARK 4.

"A loss like this is really frustrating. We came and did what we needed to do for three and half quarters. It was that final half quarter that got us." said Coach Jarvis.

"I felt like I lost the game," said QB Morgan Newton. "I mean, you can't throw 4 picks and expect to win. That's on me."

The UK offensive line was also to blame. Grabbing 4 holding penalties on 3rd down when the play had been converted.

"We beat ourselves. The loss doesn't fall on any one person's shoulders. You can't say 'It's Morgan's fault' or 'it's on the defense for not stopping them there at the end.' We didn't do our part either when it mattered," said Center Matt Smith.

Kentucky will play host to Colorado next week.

2UK@ARK  Recap Empty Re: UK@ARK Recap Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:11 am

davisbsme

Welcome to the OD and good luck against Colorado

3UK@ARK  Recap Empty Re: UK@ARK Recap Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:14 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Nice recap! Looks like you will fit in nicely here.

What a tough way to lose though, but if your offense keeps producing that way I'm sure you will starting racking up the Ws

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]