Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

CarolinaBlue.com Recruiting Insider

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1CarolinaBlue.com Recruiting Insider Empty CarolinaBlue.com Recruiting Insider Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:13 pm

CarolinaBlue.com Recruiting Insider Northcarolina_logo08

In order to provide fans with as much inside-access as possible, Rivals.com affiliate CarolinaBlue.com will provide recruiting insight and knowledge on the North Carolina Tar Heels throughout the season.

The Tar Heels are slated to lose 10 seniors after this year, and the gurus at CarolinaBlue.com estimate that they will bring in only 14 scholarship players in their 2010 class.

There is a lot of in-state talent, particularly on the offensive side of the ball, that the Heels are hoping to cash in on.

We will have further information and scouting reports on the prospects, as well as breaking news on any commitments or offers throughout the process.

2CarolinaBlue.com Recruiting Insider Empty Re: CarolinaBlue.com Recruiting Insider Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:25 pm

BREAKING NEWS

CarolinaBlue.com has just learned that Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven FS Ryan Green has become the first commitment in the Tar Heels 2010 class.

Green is a 6-foot-2, 175-pound hard-hitting free safety from Hopewell, VA. He was the Heels first offer, coming in Week 2, and committed on the spot.

"The coaches told me I had the opportunity to come in and start right away," Green said. "I also like what Coach Taylor is doing here. That win over Kentucky was very impressive."

Mike Farrel, Atlantic East analyst for Rivals.com, took some time to describe Green's game.

"He has average Speed for a safety, I would guess about a B," Farrel said. "But where this guy really impresses me is in his Man Coverage ability. It is without a doubt an A+, and there may not be anyone in the country better at shutting down a big-time receiver than this guy. He's like a blanket."

The Tar Heels are also rumored to have extended a few more offers during Week 3, but CarolinaBlue.com is still trying to reach the prospects for confirmation.

With only 13 more available scholarships, don't expect a flood of offers anytime soon.

3CarolinaBlue.com Recruiting Insider Empty Re: CarolinaBlue.com Recruiting Insider Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:38 pm

BREAKING NEWS

After UNC's thrilling victory over Virginia last week, many fans began speculating on how this would effect the Tar Heels recruiting, particularly since there were three visitors in town to see the game.

Well, after the visitors returned home, CarolinaBlue.com learned of one new Tar Heel, as well as a second soft commitment.

Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven HB Clint Nicholas informed CarolinaBlue.com of his commitment to the Tar Heels late Wednesday evening.

"I'm a Tar Heel. I've seen what they're doing with Ryan (Houston) up there and I want to be a part of that," Nicholas said. "My visit was amazing too."

Nicholas is the #25 HB in the nation. He is a 5-foot-11, 214-pound balanced running back from Center Point, AL.

ANALYST was willing to give CarolinaBlue.com a small scouting report on Nicholas.

"He has good speed and acceleration for a guy his age, both a B+," ANALYST said. "He's really going to be successful in that offense that Coach Parker is running up there. He's going to need to work on his Awareness to be a star at the next level though."

UNC also received a soft commit from Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven CB Caleb Newton. Newton is the #6 CB in the nation.

It is another big week in recruiting for the Tar Heels this week, and CarolinaBlue.com will be the first to inform you of any commitments following the game against Rutgers.

4CarolinaBlue.com Recruiting Insider Empty Re: CarolinaBlue.com Recruiting Insider Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:02 pm

BREAKING NEWS

Despite losing in Week 5 and having a Bye in Week 6, the Tar Heels had their most successful recruiting weekend to date in Week 6, picking up commitments from 2 Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven prospects. CarolinaBlue.com has all the information below.

As we reported last week, Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven CB Caleb Newton was a soft commit to UNC. This week, he reaffirmed that commitment, and became the third member of the Tar Heels' 2010 class.

"It feels great," Newton said. "After my visit, I knew this was where I wanted to be, I just had to talk to my parents first."

The 6-foot-1, 189-pound Newton, from Bothell, WA, is the #6 CB in the nation. Here with his analysis of Newton is Rick Krimbel, Rivals.com's West Analyst.

"The Tar Heels got a future All-ACC player in Caleb Newton," Krimbel said. "His B+ Speed, B+ Agility, and A- Acceleration all make him a guy who won't get beat deep, and his B- Man and Zone Coverage will certainly improve in his time at UNC."

The biggest news of the day was not the commitment of Newton, but rather the commitment of Like a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heavenLike a Star @ heaven Eric Landry. Landry is the #10 QB in the nation, and already had offers from Oklahoma and Notre Dame, as well as heavy interest from Texas, Georgia and Florida, among others.

Landry is a 6-foot-1, 203-pound Pocket Passer from Thomson, GA. Here with a scouting report is Jamie Newberg, Rivals.com's Southeast analyst.

"This commitment really surprises me," Newberg said. "An elite quarterback like Landry could have gone anywhere he wanted, and chose UNC early in the season. His B+ Throw Power has him among the nation's best, and his C Throw Accuracy and D- Awareness will certainly improve under Coach Parker's watch. He's a raw talent. This commitment just shows where the Tar Heels program is headed."

The Tar Heels jumped into the Top 10 classes in the nation this week, coming in at #8. However, this rating does not reflect the commitment of Landry, which may propel them into the Top 5.

As always, CarolinaBlue.com will have all the breaking news in the world of Tar Heel football first.

5CarolinaBlue.com Recruiting Insider Empty Re: CarolinaBlue.com Recruiting Insider Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:27 pm

The Tar Heels have filled all but 2 scholarships and sit at #3 in the team rankings right now.

Once the season is over, CarolinaBlue.com will have a full scouting report on each player and some insight into where the final two scholarships will go.

Stay tuned.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum