Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kicking Sliders

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kicking Sliders Empty Kicking Sliders Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:22 am

marxshut

Is it just me or are kickers way too good under this set of sliders. My kicker is booting the ball out of the endzone on some kickoffs and the CPU is drilling 55 - 57 yard FG's against me. It seems like I've missed on the accuracy meter some as well but the kick doesn't tail or hook at all when I do that.

As a whole these sliders are killing me, but the kicking game seems a little unrealistic in the opposite direction. You rarely see college kickers put the ball into the endzone on nearly every kickoff.

2Kicking Sliders Empty Re: Kicking Sliders Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:12 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

It really depends on the wind with me...there are times when there is no wind and I can't kick a thing, there are times when the wind is blowing 10mph against me and I kick in the endzone, and then there are the times when I have the wind to my back at 10mph and the kickoffs don't go past the 10/15yd line and I can barely hit a 40yd FG. I agree with the CPU FG situation though, I've had the CPU hit 50+ FGs way too often.

3Kicking Sliders Empty Re: Kicking Sliders Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:18 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

We can possibly move the cpu power down a little bit. The thing that I think is the biggest issue is that the kickers are inconsistent. In real life most D1 kickers can kick it into the endzone occasionally and they are inconsistent and sometimes it will be into the endzone and sometimes it will be to the 10 yard line, but in the game there is no way to replicate this. My kicker has 92 power I think and I have never kicked it past five yards deep in the endzone, but I have yet to have a strong wind this season which would effect it. I have noticed cpu kickers making long field goals so I guess I can move their power down five but I don't want their kickoffs to short because I have yet to see a cpu kicker kick it far enough into the endzone for me to take a touchback.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

4Kicking Sliders Empty Re: Kicking Sliders Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:39 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

ive had a few where the cpu hit some long ones, but no big deal to me either way

5Kicking Sliders Empty Re: Kicking Sliders Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:10 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

I say push CPU back 5, then we can decide how it is after the season whether it helped or not..

6Kicking Sliders Empty Re: Kicking Sliders Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:26 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ok that's what I'm going to do. I will knock down the cpu power 5 after this week so it won't be in effect until week 9

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

7Kicking Sliders Empty Re: Kicking Sliders Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:59 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Great example in my game against Washington, they attempted a roughly 35yarder against a 10mph wind and shanked it right. After one of my stupid INTs less than a minute after said shank, they nailed a 55yarder into the same 10mph wind. Figured I'd tell you about it since it just happened during this convo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum