Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rules Disscusion

+5
marxshut
russeak82
RJAfan6
Texasfight33
King_CEPS_11
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Rules Disscusion Empty Rules Disscusion Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:49 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I wanted to create a place where you can put in your two cents about the rules. The rules in place are just to make this the best dynasty there is. If there is something we can change to make the dynasty better we will so please post what you think we need to do.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

2Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:51 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

One thing I forgot to mention was the fourth down rules. If the game is in the first half you are only permitted to go for it if it's fourth-and-2 or shorter. In the third quarter you can go for it on fourth-and-two or shorter or any time if you are trailing by 16 points or more. In the fourth quarter you are only allowed to go for it if it's fourth-and-2 or shorter if you are ahead and you can go for it any time in the fourth quarter if you are down.

Again sorry I forgot to put these in the official rules post but they will be added and everybody will be expected to follow them unless two users agree to not follow these rules.

3Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:03 am

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

in the 4th quarter if you are down by 16 or more you should be allowed to go for it regardless of the distance and in the 4th if your down 10 it should be a 4th a 5 or less just my ideas maybe we could put this up for vote

4Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:05 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Maybe but I feel like in the fourth and you are losing you need to do whatever you can to get back but if you want to put it up to vote then go ahead and put it on the votes page

5Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:10 am

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

yeah i guess your right

6Rules Disscusion Empty scrambling QB Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:35 am

I have only played one online game, ever - infact only a half because the guy disconnected at half (he was winning). The commish was waiting for our game to advance so I conceded.

Anyway, I don't really know about "cheesing" other than reading on boards. I don't do any silly position changes or anything.

However, if I have a scrambling QB (which I currently do on this team), I don't force him to be a pocket QB. On quick passing plays, I stay in the pocket. But, in med or long pass plays, I'll roll out and look for a guy to get open. And, sure I will run if open, depending on yardage needed, down etc.

I don't know where the line is drawn, but I don't think it's fair to not be able to use your scrambling QB. All my experience is playing cpu, and it always adjust quickly after a run or two - keeping me bottled up and actually sacking me a lot with DE containing.

I'm not a very good player. I'm an old gen ps2 who just got ps3 for Christmas. Haven't played any version in a couple years.

would like input, clarification on scrambing QBS...

Thanks!

7Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:38 am

I think that CPU Pass Rush needs to be moved down at least 5. When it's a User/User game, the Pass Rush is fine, but when I played against the CPU, I couldn't run a play action without the CPU at least hitting me soon enough to alter my throw.

With the settings of User Pass Block and CPU Pass Rush where they are, you're basically giving the defense a +30% advantage from where the EA guys felt it was right, and on Heisman difficulty. I agree that it should be up, but I feel it may be a bit too high.

Not bitching or moaning or anything like that (this hasn't screwed me over - yet), just giving my two cents.

8Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:25 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ok I've noticed that too. I'll change it once we advance to week 4

9Rules Disscusion Empty QB Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:43 pm

no help on scrambling QB?

10Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:10 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Oh I didn't even see that sorry. There is a lot of gray area on this matter but I will try and clear it up for you as best I can.

My definition of qb scrambling is any time the qb leaves the poket it is a scramble. So for me if a guy just gets the snap and runs outside every play that is not very realistic. Now if you are in the pocket for say like three seconds and there is no one open or there is pressure then you scramble that's different and ok. Of course there are rollout plays that have your qb sprint out but there aren't that many and they are ok. So I would say if you run out of the pocket occasionally it's not a big deal but if every play you just take the snap and run out of the pocket that is not ok. I think the two biggest reasons it's not ok are, one because It is unrealistic seeing as nobody in football does that and two it doesn't let the other person get any kind of pass rush because the d-line doesn't go after the qb right away so you qb has all day to throw. I don't want to take away scrambling qbs cause they are apart of the game I think it just comes down to when you run out of the pocket. This is one thing you will want to clarify with your opponent before they game so we don't have angry people.

Basically when asking yourself if something is "cheese" ask this question. Does it happen in real football? If the answer is yes than most of the time it is ok but if the answer is no then it's usually not ok. Of course there are also poor programming issues by EA that are "cheese" but I covered most of them I think in the rules section.

I hope that all makes sense and clarifies things for you. If not just keep asking questions and we will clarify anything else for you.

11Rules Disscusion Empty Penalty setting too high Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:22 am

I had a guy who plays a lot try out our setting since I'm struggling to run an offense. He did ok (I just need to work on my game). However, he did comment: "I got about 6 holding penalties on 3 & 1, without having any aggressive settings"

I also found this Heisman slider thread for realistic settings:

http://www.ncaastrategies.com/utopia/showthread.php?t=69102

Note that though some penalties are increased, holding, clipping, and facemask are all down to 15.

How is it fun, or even fair to allow the cpu to throw out so many random penalties in the game?

I ask that we adjust those settings, and would like to hear what others think...

12Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:15 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

What kind of results has he had as far as penalties with these sliders?

I like the penalties he has, I think I would just be curious to see what results he has gotten. I will say though that no matter what penalty sliders we use any penalty is going to be random with the exception of things like roughing the kicker, that's unfortunately just how the game is.

13Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:58 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

Ive never had an overwhelming amount of penalties. When i do they are usually on 1st and 2nd down so its not like it kills my drive but it doesnt help.

14Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:26 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I would say my penalties are more times than not come on third down or in the redzone but not by an overwhelming margin, and I would say the most I had in a game for total penalties is 5 and that's still below NCAA average

15Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:46 pm

I never really had an issue with the penalties, but this last game I played the penalties were pretty ridiculous. I committed 8 penalties for 95 yards, which is pretty average, but the CPU only committed 2 for 20. Something's got to change. It seems as if every coach playing has complained about this at least, yet there have been no changes. Clipping was called two separate times (both third downs that I converted) and holding was called three times - all three running plays, which is extremely rare in real life. I even had Conservative blocking on after the first quarter (for 1 clipping and 2 holding calls).

I think it's time for a little change.

16Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:32 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I suppose I can move holding and clipping down 5 each next week and see how that goes.

17Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:43 pm

russeak82

russeak82

King,
I really think you need to take a look at false starts and holdings. I know we are near the average but you have to remember we are not running the same ammount of plays. I believe the average offensive plays a game range from 70-85 plays a game.

18Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:58 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I think the average number of plays in a game is 125 of total offensive snaps. Giving you 67.5 per team, and if I'm not mistaken I think we are close to that, I know in my last game I had 65 I believe. I probably adjust the holding and clipping sliders 5 each but my main concern is that penalties will be called to little. On false starts I don't get those called very often. Are you trying to draw the other team offsides a lot? Is there a gameplan setting that can control this? As I said at the beginning of the season when I've played seasons with them all at 50 I am always the least penalized team in the nation, so I am trying to avoid that.

The thing that is most frustrating about the penalties is that they are completely random, so it doesn't matter what your players do there is a coin flip type of chance as to whether a penalty is called or not. So I think starting next week I will move holding and clipping down 5 each and we will see how it goes.

19Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:21 am

russeak82

russeak82

As far as the false starts are concerned, I may fake snap a few times just to keep them from jump the line all the time but nothing excessive. Last game against MU I had 7 false starts.

20Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:14 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Thats weird because I don't think I have ever gotten a false start when I haven't tried to draw the other team offsides. I wonder if one of the gameplan settings effects this?

21Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:14 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

Ya its happened to me once or twice.

22Rules Disscusion Empty Run/Pass Commit Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:10 am

marxshut

I read the rules and see nothing specifically regarding use of the run/pass commit feature. I use the pass commit where I feel appropriate. Is this something that's frowned upon?

23Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:48 am

russeak82

russeak82

sort of marx. You will find that you will not need to use pass commit with these sliders. If its not a good pass they WILL drop on occasion.

24Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:35 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Run commit is banned, I really just mentioned something about it once I guess I should pointed that out better. But I feel like it is too effective and so therefore not allowed. As for pass commit, it is not banned and I will not but a limit on how much it is used. With that said do not abuse it, it should not be used every done. If there are problems with excessive use I will be forced to put some kind of restriction but as of now feel free to use it sparingly.

25Rules Disscusion Empty Re: Rules Disscusion Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:32 am

I don't understand what run commit and pass commit are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum