Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

NCAA 11!

+2
SonOfSithis5411
Texasfight33
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Wed May 12, 2010 8:36 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

yes keep it the same! and maybe im tempted to suggest 3* or lowere judgeing by the succese everyones been having

27NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Wed May 12, 2010 8:39 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

That's a possibility. That may be something we have to look at once we see how good four star teams are in the game and how many teams that leaves.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

28NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Wed May 12, 2010 9:27 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

yeah i just think with 3 stars its more of a challenge building them

29NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Wed May 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

I think me and michblue joined at the same time, so I think it should go with if anyone wants to keep the same team. I say we wait until NCAA 11 comes out and what teams are 4* and below. 3* doesn't always present a challenge, take what Russ did with Ok St...they're in position to play for the NC even without him playing...But I do agree that we should keep everything the same. The one area I see an issue with is sliders, from the looks of it half the sliders we use now wnt be needed. Assuming most of us buy it the night it comes out, we all can play at least a couple of days without being able to start the new dynasty because of rosters and during that time we can all get a feel for sliders and determine how we should adjust...

30NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Wed May 12, 2010 10:29 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya we definitely are going to wait until we can get some named rosters before we start so we aren't in any kind of hurry.

31NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Thu May 13, 2010 5:35 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

I say keep it the same too. Maybe do 3 stars but like elixor said wait til it comes out. Elixor you joined a week before me. I joined 3/2 aqnd you 2/27. Regardless, I am in. I really would like Wahsington but i can live with whoever.i like the format and the non-cheesey lay by all in this OD so I am in no matter who I am coaching.

32NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Fri May 14, 2010 7:06 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

Here is a list of the 3 Star teams of we were to go off of 2010's game at the start. I separated them by conference. Interesting thing is the Big 10 has the most 3 star teams at 7. Also interesting, is that only 2 teams in the OD currently would have qualified if we ran with 3 stars. I put them in bold. However, 4 teams that people have asked for next year are 3 stars Syracuse, Washington, Arkansas and Stanford. That does not mean that it willbe the smae next year but I think that 3 stars would be more challenging and may be better if we run it that way. The choices are limited though. Your thoughts everyone?

ACC
3 Star
Clemson
Maryland
NC State
Virginia
2 Star
Duke

Big Ten
3 Star
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Michigan State
Minnesota
Northwestern
Purdue

Big 12
3 Star
Iowa State
Kansas State

2 Star
Baylor

SEC
3 Star
Arkansas
Kentucky
Miss St
Ole Miss
South Carolina

2 Star
Vanderbilt

PAC 10
3 Star
Arizona
Stanford
Washington
Washington St

Big East
3 Star
UCONN
Syracuse
USF[b]

33NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Fri May 14, 2010 7:47 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

I agree it would be more difficult if we started with 3* teams, but if we would do that, I would like to add some sort of way to change to a 4* team once we get up to a certain level or something. If next year's teams aren't any different, all of us are going to have very bad seasons to start with.

34NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Fri May 14, 2010 8:19 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

but that would make it more of a challenge. we can change some of the sliders but i like the fact that users can get beat by the cpu

35NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Fri May 14, 2010 1:56 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

The biggest thing for me is the choices are so limited. I don't want somebody to get stuck with a horrible team that they don't want to be. For example there are only three teams that are available to choose from in the Big 12. Obviously we won't know what every team is until NCAA 11 comes out, but I want everybody to get a team that they would enjoy being and building up. Me personally, there are certain teams I just wouldn't want to be and I wouldn't enjoy playing with. Hopefully in the new game they make recruiting harder, because I think it is too easy for users at three star school to recruit. One thing I don't want to do is be changing the sliders around every year as we get better. I want to have one set of sliders that is in place when we are good and when we are bad, of course if there are some issues with things we can tweak them but keep them the same the whole time.

Another option we could have would be four star and lower and also a teams has to be less than some number over all say B or lower. I think some teams while they are still rated as a 4 star were a lot better than other teams, for example Ole Miss was rated 4 stars so you could choose them but I think they were an A overall.

36NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Fri May 14, 2010 2:00 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

Good point. Maybe we could do 4 stars and unranked? I am for either way. I agree to keep the sliders the way they are maybe lower the holding penalities

37NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Fri May 14, 2010 2:03 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya I like that as an idea. The sliders for 11 are going to have to be different because the game will be different and will play different so that is something that we will have to kind of play by ear.

38NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Don't know how many replies there will be, but I was just curious what everyone's thoughts were on the NCAA 11 dynasty updates? Any suggestions on what "Recruiting" slider we should use?

39NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:00 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Since this is a brand new feature I have no idea what it will need to be set to. I know when I get the game I will try to go through at least one season where I just recruit to see what the slider is like. Right now my gut feeling is that it will be on All-American or Heisman, just based on the fact that Varsity is default and default usually seems to be too easy, but we will see. And it may be a thing where we start out at one difficulty then switch to a different difficulty in a later season if we find it to hard or to easy

40NCAA 11! - Page 2 Empty Re: NCAA 11! Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:37 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

I agree ill probably start an offline dynasty before i do anything just to see what the game is like.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum