Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

USC @ #6 Cal

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1USC @ #6 Cal Empty USC @ #6 Cal Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:05 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Good thing I took a pic of last week's problem, because I need to use my one replay warning. My controller was being gay and I ended up selecting the wrong defensive playbook to start, so I had to quit and restart with the right one. Anyone know how to switch the default playbook?

Anyway, Cal lays the wood to USC in Berkeley, Ca. Both offenses played extremely well, but consistent long Kick-off returns by Cal and 2 INT-TDs were the difference as Cal passed for over 350yds for the 3rd week in row. The dual QB system running in Cal is obviously making the difference as a both Bridgford(against Texas A&M and most of UCLA) and Sweeney(against USC) have passed for over 350yds in each game. Another injury has touched the Bears, as backup RB and team leader in receiving yds and receptions(maybe?) was knocked out in the 3rd quarter and will miss the next 4 weeks. There was very little defense as both teams drove the field pretty much at will. Only exception being 2 INT-TDs in the closing of each half. Drive of the year for Cal after allowing USC to get within reach of tieing up the game, the Bears would get the ball at the 19 after a holding call would cost a huge return by RB/WR/Return man W.Ricks. Starting at the 19 held little hope to run out the game, but good running by all the backs and a couple good swing passes would lead to a 13 play, 76yd drive that chewed up over 3 mins off the clock in the 4th qrt. While the drive didn't result in a TD like Cal hoped it would, it would seal the game as it would force USC into a one dimensional team that led to the closing INT-TD.

Coach B was jubliant when we caught up to him after the game.
Any words Coach?
"I'm proud of our boys today, the Cal/USC game has basically been the deciding factor in the Pac-10 title for the last 3 years. I'm glad we're off to a good start with our 2 biggest conference opponents of the year are now behind us and sitting at 2-0 in the conference play has us in good shape to clinch another Pac-10 title; our 3rd in a row."

What about the injuries the past few weeks?
"I'm disappointed we've lost such talent the last couple of weeks, Satchell has been a go-to guy for the past 2 years and turned down going pro last year hoping for a national title; but we'll move on and he will be welcomed back in a few more weeks. After Satchell went down, we turned more to the running game and screen passes. Lewis was the better of the RBs at catching and turning 5yds into 50yds. His playmaking ability was missed in the last quarter as we tried to run out the clock, but our elite freshman RB stepped up in the 4th and caught almost everything thrown at him. I see good things for C.Johnston the rest of the year and next."

2USC @ #6 Cal Empty Re: USC @ #6 Cal Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:23 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

dang good winn man and yeah go to like dynasty, sim strategy then u can change ur d and o but with the 4-2-5 it doesnt work

3USC @ #6 Cal Empty Re: USC @ #6 Cal Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:16 am

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

as well as 4-4

4USC @ #6 Cal Empty Re: USC @ #6 Cal Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:35 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

It doesn't work for any defensive playbooks for some reason. They all go back to default

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

5USC @ #6 Cal Empty Re: USC @ #6 Cal Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:31 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

The only thing changing it does is updates what positions you need to recruit. It's the same way for offense and defense when you change them...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum