Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Conference realignment question

+3
Texasfight33
King_CEPS_11
russeak82
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Conference realignment question Empty Conference realignment question Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:40 am

russeak82

russeak82

What is everyones thought on this? Personally, I suggest we make the moves that are happening the years they happen. Example:

2011 season Big 12 schools:
ISU
KSU
KU
MIZZ
OSU
OU
TTech
UT
A&M
Baylor

2012 season Big 12 Schools:
ISU
KSU
KU
WV
OSU
OU
Tech
UT
TCU
Baylor

Thoughts?

2Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:44 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I definitely think at some point we will move teams around a little bit. Obviously I want to keep it similar to real life but as long as movement seems realistic I'm ok with it. Personally I would like 12 teams in each BCS conference then as we get job offers from coaching carousel we can disperse into all BCS conferences

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

3Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:45 am

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

love that idea. It will add to the realness of the game. what team are you gonna go with?

4Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:45 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Texasfight33 wrote:love that idea. It will add to the realness of the game. what team are you gonna go with?
He already said Ole MIss in the teams thread

5Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:47 am

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

lol ik right after i posted that i went to that thread haha. IM looking forward to the miss st ole miss rivalry were gonna have in this OD

6Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:55 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Yeah that should be a good one. It may be one of the only natural rivalries we have

7Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:32 pm

russeak82

russeak82

Hotty Toddy bitch!! (ok seriously whoever thought this up must of spoke with a lisp).

8Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:03 pm

russeak82

russeak82

Ok just to keep track here is the list that has happened so far:

A&M-SEC west
Mizzou-SEC eat
TCU-Big 12(A&M)
WV-Big 12(Mizzou)
CUSE-ACC
Pitt-ACC
Boise State-Big East
SMU-Big East
San Deigo State-Big East
UCF-Big East
Houston-Big East

9Conference realignment question Empty i like this Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:03 pm

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

big fan of this..only hope i get an offer to coach elsewhere after this year...stupid illinois haha

10Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:47 pm

DavidIsWright

DavidIsWright

Are we going to do the changes that are happening in real life?

11Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:05 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

DavidIsWright wrote:Are we going to do the changes that are happening in real life?

I'm not sure what we are going to do yet. Personally I would like to have 12 in every BCS conference, to keep things even and we could then allow for people to spread out into all BCS conferences through coaching carousel. I'm not sure how I feel about the ACC and SEC potentially having 14 teams each, and the Big 12 being left with 10 teams and the Big East looking like a joke. I'm going to look at how things would look as far as scheduling goes and go from there.

12Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:36 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ok so with playing around with making these moves in a mock dynasty. I see a couple of issues if we keep it identical to real life.

13Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Rowbo73

Rowbo73

King_CEPS_11 wrote:Ok so with playing around with making these moves in a mock dynasty. I see a couple of issues if we keep it identical to real life.

Why don't we make it totally our own dynasty and as coaches get hired via the carousel there will be rivalries that arise within this group and teams that will request to move to different conferences etc. which can be handled at the end of each year after coaching changes and before the schedule is made and can be voted on by all of us in the league before ultimately being ruled upon. That way in effect we are the NCAA rule makers and as we all move we can create the landscape we all want instead of being handcuffed to real life. Just a thought.

14Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:18 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Rowbo73 wrote:
King_CEPS_11 wrote:Ok so with playing around with making these moves in a mock dynasty. I see a couple of issues if we keep it identical to real life.

Why don't we make it totally our own dynasty and as coaches get hired via the carousel there will be rivalries that arise within this group and teams that will request to move to different conferences etc. which can be handled at the end of each year after coaching changes and before the schedule is made and can be voted on by all of us in the league before ultimately being ruled upon. That way in effect we are the NCAA rule makers and as we all move we can create the landscape we all want instead of being handcuffed to real life. Just a thought.

I really like the idea of us being the rules committee of sorts, but if we do this I want to keep movement realistic. I don't want to have teams moving every year or Florida moving to the Big 10 or something.

15Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:21 pm

Rowbo73

Rowbo73

King_CEPS_11 wrote:
Rowbo73 wrote:

I really like the idea of us being the rules committee of sorts, but if we do this I want to keep movement realistic. I don't want to have teams moving every year or Florida moving to the Big 10 or something.

Exactly...thats why we would all vote on it but ultimately it would be the Commish's decision to say whether it's a go or no go after taking everybody's opinion and vote on the situation into consideration. That way as you said there wouldn't be cheesy crazy shit going on but movement is possible to preserve rivalries and to bring in new teams that have given our coaches great opportunities.

16Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:23 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

K we have some time to iron out details but I think this is a good start

17Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Rowbo73

Rowbo73

DavidIsWright wrote:Are we going to do the changes that are happening in real life?

I say we should make the changes that make sense for us...some of what is happening in real life will make sense for the dynasty like TAMU going to the SEC etc. but we should guard against having the BIG EAST being a patsy conference...we have a chance to create a landscape that is tailored for us who are playing in this dynasty without having to be handcuffed by real life so we can make this dynasty as fun and interesting as we can make it so it lasts until the next game is released. Again just my 2 cents. I love the dialogue and I am cool with whatever is ultimately decided.

18Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:40 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Yeah it's something we will have to look at and changes will happen I'm sure. It all just depends on what people want and where people get job offers. I don't even know how many good job offers people get in the first year

19Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:04 pm

DavidIsWright

DavidIsWright

I think we should keep it realistic in terms of not moving teams way across the country but I like how King says about having 12 in each conference. Maybe we could do something like move Notre Dame and UCF, ECU, or even Boise (even though they aren't in the east) to the Big East to give them 12 and moving TCU and Houston or Nevada tot he Big 12 to give them 12 as well. Then everybody would have 12 teams and the competitive balance between conferences wouldn't be too far apart. Just an idea

20Conference realignment question Empty i wanna keep it legit Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:56 pm

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

so lets break down real life then mix in fantasy as we see fit, this is how i see it, and i believe this plan could take form as early as 2012

Big 12:
Real Life ADD-
TCU, West Virginia

Fantasy ADD-
Nevada, Tulsa (other recommendations-Colorado St, New Mexico, La Tech)

Big East:
Real Life ADD-
UH, SMU, Boise, UCF, San Diego St. (puts them at 10)

Fantasy ADD-
Notre Dame(while geographically more fitting Big10 they play other sports in Big East so its not a crazy stretch), BYU(Heavilly sought after by Big East network rights stopped it from being reality.)

SEC:
Real Life ADD-
A&M, Mizzou

ACC:
Real Life ADD-
Pittsburgh, Syracuse

This gets every conference to 12 teams, i understand the Big 12 would be adding 2 less than impressive teams but i believe they would still be a competitive conference for us. Other than that i think this is a good break down of real life situations and solving our problem of conference realignment!

21Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:33 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

TheWhiteKnightGT wrote:so lets break down real life then mix in fantasy as we see fit, this is how i see it, and i believe this plan could take form as early as 2012

Big 12:
Real Life ADD-
TCU, West Virginia

Fantasy ADD-
Nevada, Tulsa (other recommendations-Colorado St, New Mexico, La Tech)

Big East:
Real Life ADD-
UH, SMU, Boise, UCF, San Diego St. (puts them at 10)

Fantasy ADD-
Notre Dame(while geographically more fitting Big10 they play other sports in Big East so its not a crazy stretch), BYU(Heavilly sought after by Big East network rights stopped it from being reality.)

SEC:
Real Life ADD-
A&M, Mizzou

ACC:
Real Life ADD-
Pittsburgh, Syracuse

This gets every conference to 12 teams, i understand the Big 12 would be adding 2 less than impressive teams but i believe they would still be a competitive conference for us. Other than that i think this is a good break down of real life situations and solving our problem of conference realignment!

Yeah this is pretty good. It at least gets us to 12 in each conference which is key. The two biggest things would be a lack of ability to control rivalries and lack of talent in the Big 12 and Big East (the big east more than the Big 12).

-Rivalries: With 14 in the SEC and ACC, I would have almost no ability to schedule out of conference (OOC) rivals for teams in that conference. For example, with Missouri in the East if a user is Missouri and in a year they don't play either user from the West (right now Ole Miss and Miss St) then they will have to use all 3 of their out of conference games to play users meaning they would play none of their rivals. That's a big disadvantage for those teams. Now of course this only comes into play if we have this a user that is a team that has a team with a lot of OOC rivals (ex Texas A&M). I know if I were a user and I got no rivalry games I would be a little upset because of how it will affect recruiting. If nobody has a problem with the possibility of having no rivalry games then this isn't a big deal cause like I said it only affects users.
- Lack of talent: In the Big 12 there will still be at least Texas, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State, but after that there is nobody that is a really good team. TCU is good but not sure how they will do when moved into a big conference. Now I don't have too big of an issue with the talent in the Big 12 in this case I have more of an issue with the Big East. The only team in the Big East would really be Notre Dame. I mean would anybody be willing to leave their current job in which they are building up to Rutgers, UCF, or San Diego. I think by the time we get a job offer from one of these teams it will be a step down from where our current team is and I won't have just one user in a conference. For one year (two max) it would be ok I think but if nobody else is in that conference at that point we would have to move that one user.
- Also what are we going to do with Air Force and Navy. They are going to be going to the Big East in 2013 for football only? Are we going to move them at that point also?

These are just the things holding me back a little bit. I'm not saying we can't do this, I'm actually saying the opposite. I want to do it, I just want more ideas so we can have a perfect system that has a balance between real and good fit for our dynasty.

22Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:37 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Also if somebody gets an offer from Notre Dame, I am not opposed to leaving them as an independent. They will still have to play a very difficult schedule and still have to play 3 users. The only thing would be that they aren't in a conference which isn't a big deal because I can schedule them tough opponents and they wouldn't have an automatic conference championship the same way a user would if he was the only user in a conference.

23Conference realignment question Empty more thoughts Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:51 pm

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

i think evey user team should be in a conference...thats more competitive in my nature to win ur conference...seems like more fun. As far as lack of talent in Big East i would be all for building a SMU or UH dynasty! they have good recruiting grounds and are both good teams, BYU is another that i dont think is bad and has good recruiting ability. Boise would be a fun coaching job with the blue turf and the reputation they have built themselves...id go as far as to say some users would not mind picking Cincy or Louisville, cool jerseys and both have neat stadiums. As far as rivalries go for teams like Mizzou and A&M i think thats just part of the game, if u switch to those teams accept that u maybe hurt by that, A&M does have Arkansas as a natural conference rival that they play each year tho. And i would be happy to play mizzou every year as i know Illinois and Mizzou are huge rivals in basketball at least. Again its clearly not a perfect system but i think its a great way to arrange teams so that it makes geographical sense and keeps a competitive balance...and i think Big 12 is good enough with those teams, texas, ou, osu, west virginia, tcu will all be ranked year in and year out. Again the more input the better but i do think notre dame belongs in a conference to give them the same challenges the other teams face! And i still like the idea of the coach being able to request a conference change if he can make a good arguement and other users vote yes we let them move!

24Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:09 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

TheWhiteKnightGT wrote:i think evey user team should be in a conference...thats more competitive in my nature to win ur conference...seems like more fun. As far as lack of talent in Big East i would be all for building a SMU or UH dynasty! they have good recruiting grounds and are both good teams, BYU is another that i dont think is bad and has good recruiting ability. Boise would be a fun coaching job with the blue turf and the reputation they have built themselves...id go as far as to say some users would not mind picking Cincy or Louisville, cool jerseys and both have neat stadiums. As far as rivalries go for teams like Mizzou and A&M i think thats just part of the game, if u switch to those teams accept that u maybe hurt by that, A&M does have Arkansas as a natural conference rival that they play each year tho. And i would be happy to play mizzou every year as i know Illinois and Mizzou are huge rivals in basketball at least. Again its clearly not a perfect system but i think its a great way to arrange teams so that it makes geographical sense and keeps a competitive balance...and i think Big 12 is good enough with those teams, texas, ou, osu, west virginia, tcu will all be ranked year in and year out. Again the more input the better but i do think notre dame belongs in a conference to give them the same challenges the other teams face! And i still like the idea of the coach being able to request a conference change if he can make a good arguement and other users vote yes we let them move!

Yeah I guess if you take A&M or Missouri then you are taking those other things along with it. The only reason I am ok with leaving Notre Dame in independent is because I don't think it would be any easier than being in a conference. For instance if somebody jumps to the Big East next year and are the only user in the conference they could go 0-3 against users but go like 6-2 in the Big East, be 7-5 overall win the Big East and still be in a BCS bowl which is why I don't want only one user in a conference. But with Notre Dame, to make a BCS bowl their whole body of work is taken into account since they don't have a conference so for them to make a BCS bowl the user games are still huge because if they go 0-3 against users but finish 9-3 they probably won't be in a BCS bowl. But I'm not opposed to moving Notre Dame to the Big East, I'm giving reason why I don't really think being independent is an advantage, especially when I can schedule them any teams that I want.

As for taking one of those lesser teams in the Big East. The only reason I say I don't think anybody would want to take those jobs is because they will have another rebuilding project. For example if I win 9 games this year and win 10 games and win the ACC next year then I get offered by let's say 3star SMU I'm not going to want to leave my BC program that I have spent two years building up to a 5star to go back to another 3star school. Maybe others would, and if there are others then it will be no problem, but if I'm really interested in moving to a team that can recruit in Texas I'm going to continue to build my team until I get an offer from Texas not rebuild SMU. But like I said if we have users that are willing to do this than there is no problem and that takes care of basically all issues. Also if those teams were available from the start of the od I think they would have been attractive to take but not once I have been building another school for 2-3 years.

Like I said in my previous post discussion is a good thing and we still have a long time until we really have to decide what we are going to do so the more everybody can discus things like this the better. And who knows, it may not matter because it's possible that nobody gets any offers from a team in the Big 12 or Big East, or at least no one that is worthwhile, this year.

25Conference realignment question Empty Re: Conference realignment question Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:08 pm

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

yea i say what ur saying on all accounts, i just rather notre dame be in a conference where they have the chance of having to compete with a user for their conference. and as far as taking a worse job i wouldnt mind...were building these programs anyway so building one after i win a championship with illinois wouldnt bother me! neither would going straight to longhorn network and trying to wreak havoc on recruits everywhere! lol its fun to talk about though!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next