Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Week Two Discussion

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Week Two Discussion Empty Week Two Discussion Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:52 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Week Two is up

A couple of rivalry games this week

GOTW

Big Blue Basket-Brawl: Kentucky vs North Carolina. The first installment of this rivalry on the gridiron between two traditional basketball powerhouse

North-South Conflict: A lot has been made out of this game between Wisconsin and Virginia. Who come away with the victory this year.

Cincinnati vs Illinois-Big user game between undefeated opponents

Alright this will put the next advance at around this same time on Thursday. Enjoy and get after 'em. Once again if there are any problems don't be shy please let me know

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

2Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:57 pm

Good luck Smikal. When are you available to play?

3Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:06 am

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

North-South Conflict will be the game of the week. Look for an update on that game thursday after it is played.

4Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:10 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya I can't wait to see the results of that one. Should be down to the wire

5Week Two Discussion Empty Aggies Survive Scare in Opener Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:14 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Week Two Discussion Am_vs_10

Wild Offensive Shootout Ends in W for Ags

College Station, Texas-Bear Bryant's return to the sideline was almost ruined by a tough and determined Minnesota squad. Minnesota was able to take momentum early and held it for most of the first half until Cyrus Gray returned a kick-off for a touchdown. The play by the superstar sophomore running back seemed to spark soe life into the Aggies. The Aggies trailed 31-17 after Minnesota's first drive in the second half, but the Aggies dominated the rest of the game. The listless defense seemed to finally wake up after Minnesota QB went 13-16 for 285 yards and 2 TDs to that point but was held to 1-6 for five yards the rest of the way. With A&M in trouble Jerrod Johnson threw two long touchdown passes (40 yards and 31 yards) to Jeff Fuller to tie the game up at the end of the third quarter. Minnesota had the ball to start the fourth, but was forced to punt after 6 plays. The Aggies would get the ball inside their own 10 yard line with just under three minutes left. A&M relied heavily on Gray as the chewed up the clock and got into field goal range. A run by Gray on third and long set up Bullock with a 36 yard field goal attempt. Bullock nailed it and left the Gophers with only 40 seconds left. After three quick plays it came down to a fourth down with 20 seconds left. Miscommunication doomed them as the receiver stopped his route and Webber threw long. CB Fredrick was able to pick it off easily to seal the Aggies victory 34-31.

Week Two Discussion Gray_k11
Gray Returning the kick that changed the momentum

Scoring Summary
First Quarter

TD Minn: D. McKnight, 48 Yd Pass from A. Webber- 7-0 Minn
FG TAMU: R. Bullock, 36 YD FG- 7-3 Minn

Second Quarter

TD Minn: D. Bennett, 5 Yd run- 14-3 Minn
FG Minn: E. Ellestad, 27 Yd FG- 17-3 Minn
TD TAMU: C. Gray, returned kick 85 Yds- 17-10 Minn
TD Minn: D. Bennett, 2 Yd run- 24-10 Minn
TD TAMU: J. Johnson, 6 Yd run- 24-17 Minn

Third Quarter

TD Minn: E. Lair, 38 Yd Pass from A. Webber- 31-17 Minn
TD TAMU: J. Fuller 40 Yd pass from J. Johnson- 31-24 Minn
TD TAMU: J. Fuller 31 Yd pass from J. Johnson- 31-31

Fourth Quarter
FG TAMU: R. Bullock, 36 YD FG- 34-31 TAMU

Game Winning Kick by Bullock with 40 second left

Texas A&M Stats

Offensive
Jerrod Johnson: 17-24, 177 yds, 2 TD
Cyrus Gray: 22 car, 103 yds, Kick Return TD
POTG-Jeff Fuller: 6 rec, 104 yds, 2 TDS

Defensive
Trent Hunter: 8 tkls, 1 TFL
Terrence Fredrick: 4 tkls, 1 INT

Last edited by King_CEPS_11 on Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

6Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:32 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

mine was a defensive shhotout that i won on a last second field gola!

7Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

AUburn ALabama: Tje Tigers and dawgs both starteted conferance play in the SEC against eac other each team looking to have a breakout year the game was a defensive grudge match that went down to the very last second of the game

1st Quarter:coring in the game was pretty miniscule and it was very slim in the first quarter. Auburn drove the ball down inside the 10 were they were stopped on two straight run plays so on third and inches they went play action and Todd found E. Blake wide open in the corner of the endzone to the tigers a 7-0 kead with 3:35 in the 1st quarter. The end of the 1st quarter ended with many punts.

2nd Quarter:The second quarter started out slow MSU was able to get going a little but penaltys or drops kiled theirs drives but with 2:46 ledft in the 2nd Quarter C. Buphis found him self open on an out route Relf was facing heavy pressur but deliverd a nice ball for a 10 yard TD. Later in the second MSU was knockin on the door but made bad choices and threw an interception that ended the half. MSU walked into the locker room with the score 7-7.

3rd QuarterThe Dawgs received the ball to start the half the third quarter was very intense unlike the others. MSU opened the half with a 95 yard kick return by L.Berry the Daawgs hoped this would spark the rest of their offense. after a few punts back and forth MSu was not able to seperate from Auburn. and with 3 minuetes left Auburn ran the zone reed with their back up QB Caudle. he went all the waay for a 54 yard scamper he fasked out the whole Dawg D. This gave all the momentum to the tigers. BUT suprisingly the next drive MSU came out looking like a well polished offense they marched down and and 3rd and goal RElf used improvision skills to find McRae in the endzone with 1:33 left in the third. at the end of the 3rd quarter the score was 21-14.

4th quarter:Auurns offense hoped to get a spark from chris todd who made his way back into the game he lead auburn bon a great drive were he hit burns in the endzone for a 3 yard td with 3:49 left at this point in the gane it is anyines ball game. with 3:30 left MSU took the kickoff to the fifty yard line they knew they were in great shape so they pounded and pounded the ball with about three seconds left they called for a time out and sent out the kicking unit. Brachiue lined up knowing it was the biggest field goal of his life so far. THE SNAP, THE HOLD THE KICK ITS GOOOD!!!! MSU fans were screaming everywhere.

Total stats
Auburn Offesne:353
Mississippi state offense: 259

Auburn rushing:124
Mississippi rushing: 84

Auburn Passing:229
Mississippi stae passing:175

Auburn turnovers:0
Mississippi state turnover:1(INT)

PLAYER STATS

AUBURN
C. TOdd 15/20 190 2tds
N. Caudle 4/6 39 yds 0 tds

B. Tate 15 att 100 yards

T. Zacery 4 rec 67 yards

MISSISSIPPI STATE
Relf 11/25 175yds 2 tds 1int

A. DIxon 21 att 72 yds

C. Bupmphis 3 rec 26 yards td
B. Mcrae 3 rec 64 yds td

8Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:10 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

There are still two cpu games and a user game to be played. I have yet to have word from anybody about their games so please get them in. I don't want to have to sim past your games but we can not wait around on people. I will advance around 10 eastern time.

9Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:42 pm

Hey, do you think you could wait until like 10:30 ET?

Smikal and I have our game set for 9:00 ET and I just have a bit left in recruiting. Is that cool with you?

10Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:24 pm

Nevermind... I'm trying to get ahold of Smikal, but he's not getting back to me. He's logged on on the PSN but it doesn't say he's playing any game and he's not replying to my messages so I don't know what to do? I don't know if he's getting on, but I understand the need to advance so we can go ahead I guess. I wish we could play it though, just not sure how we will be able to.

11Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Hmm I'm not sure what to do. I won't be able to get on my ps3 for another 30 minutes at least so hopefully you can figure out something by then.

12Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:33 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

let them get the game in user games are hard

13Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:34 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya they should be able to get it in I hope

14Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:58 pm

CAVS GET HUGE W OVER WISCONSIN 27-16!

15Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:01 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Nice! I saw that earlier but completely forgot to say something. Seems like you made a nice comeback and everything. Looks like you will having bragging rights for the rest of the season

16Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:04 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Anybody know the status of the od. Are unc and kentucky playing? How many people are left to play? I can't get on psn at this very moment but will be on shortly

17Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:14 pm

Yeah the 1 game makes my entire year... Now i just wana compete for an ACC title

18Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:16 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

You should be able to. I don't know if you play unc in season but that would be a nice acc champ game

19Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:20 pm

im pretty sure they r my conference opener haha i know i got a bye then txtech then i thin unc so that could very well decide the Acc

20Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:39 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Dang that will shake things up. But at least they aren't in your division.

21Week Two Discussion Empty Re: Week Two Discussion Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:41 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Oh nevermind they are. I have never really understood the acc divisions since they went to 12 teams

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum