Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top 25 Battle: #12 UNC 35 #16 VT 22

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Top 25 Battle: #12 UNC 35 #16 VT 22 Empty Top 25 Battle: #12 UNC 35 #16 VT 22 Fri Feb 05, 2010 12:13 am

In a game with huge implications on the ACC Title race, UNC found a way to win 35-22.

The MVP was UNC QB T.J. Yates, who threw 3 TDs and ran for 1 on a decisive 4th and goal.

Although the Tar Heels have relied heavily on their ground game to win the big games this season, the Hokies found a way to shut down the dominant Ryan Houston. With the game on his shoulders, T.J. Yates delivered in a big way.

"I knew I could trust T.J. to come through," Coach Taylor said. "He's a great QB, we just haven't needed him yet this year with the way Ryan's been playing."

The Tar Heels now have a stranglehold on the ACC Title, and aren't looking back.

"I'm going to continue pushing the pedal to the metal," user mubulldog14 said. "If it weren't for our slip-up against Rutgers, we would be talking about possible National Title hopes right now. We're just focused on Duke though."

2Top 25 Battle: #12 UNC 35 #16 VT 22 Empty Re: Top 25 Battle: #12 UNC 35 #16 VT 22 Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:51 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Nice W. Looks like you will be in the acc title game

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum