Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cal brings the Bulls back to earth

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cal brings the Bulls back to earth Empty Cal brings the Bulls back to earth Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:09 pm

ryby6969

ryby6969

Cal pretty much dominated the whole game and wins 37-28 behind an amazing performance by Riley. 26 of 28 for like 333 yrds and 1 td. Usf had no answer for the call offense and look to regroup when they get home. gg Elixor. lag kind of sucked but just didnt have the talent to keep up.(this year Very Happy)

2Cal brings the Bulls back to earth Empty Re: Cal brings the Bulls back to earth Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:22 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Cal is a good team and I'm sure Elixor is a good player. Now you just gotta bounce back and take out Texas

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

3Cal brings the Bulls back to earth Empty Re: Cal brings the Bulls back to earth Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:27 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

What started out looking like a blowout, Cal dashed out to a 14-0 lead behind Riley's arm and Vereen's legs. But as ryby said, lag was a pain and led to a horrible kick by Cal and an 86yd kickoff return. Cal, however, gathered itself and drove within field goal range to end the half with a 17-7 lead. After receiving the opening kickoff of the 2nd half, USF pounced quickly on a run blitz by Cal connecting with TE Hawkins for a 68yd TD and drawing within a FG of Cal. After exchanging TDs, Cal committed to running out the clock, after stalling on a promising drive, Cal kicked the 1st of 2 4th quarter FGs to extend the lead to 27-21. USF failed to score and was forced to punt. Cal went back to the running game and tried to run out the clock, but on a 3rd down PA, USF called a blitz and Riley nailed WR Calvin for what turned out to be the game clinching 58yd TD. USF would score another TD but failed to recover the onside kick, after running some more clock, Cal kicked the 2nd FG of the 4th. USF made a valiant effort to comeback but a failed 4th down at midfield ended their hopes and allowed Cal to run out the final seconds. Great game by ryby, the rivalry has to start somewhere...next year's game should be another great game.

Scoreline:
Teams: 1st2nd3rd4thFinal
USF: 0714728
Cal: 71071337

Players of the Game:
USF: QB B.Daniels 11-26, 213yds, 3 TDs
Cal: QB K.Riley 26-28, 333yds, TD

Last edited by Elixor1987 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

4Cal brings the Bulls back to earth Empty Re: Cal brings the Bulls back to earth Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:29 am

ryby6969

ryby6969

I am not sure what was going on with the lag. First game I have had with that much lag. Just one of those things you have to deal with but it sucks because a few of the passes you completed I knew where you were going, but just couldn't do any thing about it. I am sure it was the same for you also. Regardless, gg and look forward to next season.

5Cal brings the Bulls back to earth Empty Re: Cal brings the Bulls back to earth Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:29 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

The lag made the game more difficult than it should have been for both of us...I missed at least 2 tackles on that long pass at the start of the 2nd half because of it. The completed passes because of the lag I could handle but when it makes me miss tackles is when I get mad about it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum