Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Riley shot down in flames in loss to USC

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Riley shot down in flames in loss to USC Empty Riley shot down in flames in loss to USC Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:15 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

After getting a lot of praise from Coach B for his play the last 2 weeks, apparently Riley's head swelled too much as he threw 5 INTs to almost single-handedly beat himself. Take away the INTs and Riley's stats were pretty good. Besides the 5 INTs on offense, the defense had its problems as well; Cal's defense seemed one play behind on every drive it seemed. If the defense would stop them on 1st and 2nd, they'd get torched on 3rd, giving up practically 4 TDs of 50+ yards. Cal's offense did provide a challenge to USC putting up over 600 passing yards, but having to rely on the passing game, the running game couldn't manage positive yards ending with -42. Coach B had a few words to say after the game, "While I'm typically not the person to point out any one cause for a loss, without the INTs this would have been a really good game. We will have to practice a lot this week and put this tough loss behind us and focus on the rest of the season. We fought valiantly in the first half, but came out in the second and allowed 28pts in the 3rd quarter; you can't do that and expect to win a game like this."

Scoreline:
Teams: 1st2nd3rd4thFinal
USC: 141028759
Cal: 7107731

POTG:
Cal: WR A.Lagemann 20Rec, 262yds, TD
USC: RB A.Bradford 21Car, 229yds, 3TDs

Last edited by Elixor1987 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Man tough loss. Just gotta bounce back next week

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

alief42

alief42

ya tough conference loss!! as a devilish smile comes to the ucla bruins head coach's face! haha!

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Good luck to ya when you play them...Barkley and Bradford is a tough duo. If I'd play to stop a Bradford run, Barkley would make an unbelievable throw, then I'd switch the call and Bradford would run me over. Besides the INTs, Bradford's broken tackles probably gave them the game. I did give you a hand though, their top receiver is out for 12 weeks with a torn pec. Like I've said, this year is about building up talent and figuring out Cal's system, next year it's on!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum