Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cal @ Arizona State

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cal @ Arizona State Empty Cal @ Arizona State Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:02 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Another dismal day for QB K.Riley throwing 6 INTs this week, however, Cal was able to force 3 out of ASU and the Cal defense played well enough to hold on for the win. The 44-30 scoreline is very deceiving, the Cal defense held ASU to under 250yds and the majority of them coming on a 77yd run by RB J.Miles. Another key defensive stat for the Golden Bears is ASU's 3rd and 4th down percentage, holding ASU to 3-14(21%) on 3rd and 0-4(0%) on 4th including a stop on 4th and inches from the 16 with the score 37-30 with 3:23 left in the 4th.

Coach B had a few words to say when we caught up with him after the game, "We played well enough to win, it wasn't pretty by any means but a win is a win. Riley's INTs almost killed us again this week, but when he wasn't passing to ASU he was excellent, passing for almost 500yds. However, our defense really stepped up after last week and pulled us out of the hole we created for ourselves. The only big play of the game for ASU's offense was the 77 yarder in which RB Miles broke several tackles."

Scoreline:
Teams: 1st2nd3rd4thFinal
ASU: 71310030
Cal: 141310744

POTG:
Cal: K G.Tavecchio 3-3 FGs, Long of 42
ASU: FS M.Callaghan 5 Tkls
ASU's actual POTG:
Cal QB K.Riley 27-46, 447yds, 3 TDs, 6 INTs

Last edited by Elixor1987 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Cal @ Arizona State Empty Re: Cal @ Arizona State Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:33 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Nice win. Looks like Riley is real inconsistent though

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

3Cal @ Arizona State Empty Re: Cal @ Arizona State Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:21 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Inconsistent might be the understatement of the century...a few of the INTs were good coverage by ASU and I didn't see someone sitting in a zone, but the last 2 weeks it seemed as though for every 5 or 6 passes, one would be completely out of the area and get picked.

4Cal @ Arizona State Empty Re: Cal @ Arizona State Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:24 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I hate when that happens, it just seems for no apparent reason the throw will go to the middle of no where.

5Cal @ Arizona State Empty Re: Cal @ Arizona State Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:26 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Exactly what I mean...one of the ones today was in the endzone on a slant route, guy was wide open with 3 or 4yds between him and the next defender and Riley threw right to the middle linebacker sitting in a middle zone and he returned it 102yds for a TD. I was so pissed at that...

6Cal @ Arizona State Empty Re: Cal @ Arizona State Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:30 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya I know what you mean. I haven't had one of those this year (knock on wood) but I have had plenty of those in other ods

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum