Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iowa Hawkeyes @ Wisconsin Badgers, Camp Randall Stadium Madi

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

Battle for the Heartland Trophy
Iowa Hawkeyes @ Wisconsin Badgers, Camp Randall Stadium Madi Heartlandbull
Iowa Hawkeyes @ Wisconsin Badgers, Camp Randall Stadium Madi Iowa@ Iowa Hawkeyes @ Wisconsin Badgers, Camp Randall Stadium Madi Wisconsin-badgers2

While the movie Clash of the Titans is yet to come
out for another few weeks, the fans who stepped in to Camp Randall Stadium watch
the #6 ranked Iowa Hawkeyes take on the #5 ranked Wisconsin Badgers got a different version of the predicted blockbuster. In this, The Battle for the Heratland Trophy is an annual game against the Hawkeyes and the Badgers. It has become one of the more prestigious trophys in all of college football due to the excellence the two teams bring to the game every year. This year would be no different.

The game started out with Wisonsin receiving the ball and would end up stalled forcing the BCS-bound Badgers to kick a 42 yard FG. which would be the would be the score after 1 with several drives for both teams ending in punts.

The second started out with an interception by the Hawkeyes as they were backed up inside their own 20, but they prevailed and came away with the rushed throw by the Badger QB Tolzien. However, they would get no points and punted giving the ball to the Badgers offense again. But yet again the Hawkeye D stuck to its guns and this time dtopped the Wisconsin offense on 4 downs as they were again inside their own red zone. They stopped an attempted QB sneak by Tolzien giving the ball to Iowa yet again.
Even though the Badger offense struggled early, the defense would do nothing of the same as they slowed down the Hawkeyes and stooped them and put up some much needed points and which would end up as the deciding factor in the game as OLB Kevin Rouse picked off the Stanzi pass and took it 78 yards to the house to extend the Wisconsin lead to 10, 10-0 Wisconsin. All this came with :34 seconds left on the clockk and that would be the score at half. "It was a defensive shootout up to that point , and that really got our offense fired up as they knew they had to do the same thing their next time out" added coach Colosimo at halftime.

Iowa started with the ball in the third but were forced to punt again. After the fair catch by Isaac Anderson, the Badgers figured theyd try and catch the Hawkeyes napping, and they did as Wisconsin scored on a 78yd TD pass to WR Nick Toon. Then on Iowa ensuing drive, Wisconsin S Jay Valai paralyzed the Iowa WR and forced a fumble which was in turn recovered by Rouse. The Badgers would drive and score on a 5yd slant to Toon, his second of the day, making the score 24-0 after 3.

Iowa knew they couldnt leave Camp without any points as they drove the ball down Wisconsins throuat and scored from 1yd out on a Jewel Hampton run. They would go for 2 and it was successful, score 24-8. Wisconsin would again take control, but were soon sent back to the sidelines after Toon was shaken up by a big hit and fumbled on the play. But They didnt want to be stepped on in their own house and the D came forth and forced another interception, this time by Culmer St. Jean. But did nothing with it and punted after a 3 and out. With Iowa scrambling for points, Stanzi threw one up for grabs and the Badger CB Cromartie came down with it. Wisonsin would run out the clock and the final score would be 24-8 Wisconsin.

Colosimo added at the end of the game, "Ive been in some barn burners i my coaching career, but this one was one I didnt know wed win up until we got that final pick. I give that Iowa all the credit in the world because they gave us a better game thatn Penn State did a few weeks back, I dont care what the score was. They are well coached and will go far in the years to come. I cant wait to see what they bring us next year."

Stats

Passing Leaders:
S.Tolzien:9-14 192yds 2TD 1Int
R.Stanzi:19-36 232yds 3Int

Rushing Leaders:
Z.Brown:27att 120yds
J.Hampton:15att 45yds 1TD

Receiving Leaders:
N.Toon:7rec 160yds 2TD
C.Sandeman:6rec 51yds

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

Great game russ, i was scared for more than 3/4 of that game cuz i knew at any point you were going to score. You just got some reallt bad breaks at the wrong time. Cant wait for next year.

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Good game guys. It will be interesting to see how the Big 10 finishes up with Northwestern being undefeated to this point.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

im ticked i thought i played northwestern

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya but Russ does so it should be all good

russeak82

russeak82

I'm really lacking the speed needed to do what I want to do. To be completely honest the game never really was in doubt, I just could not muster the offense to get in the game. I was ok with the defense but the lack of talent at the linebacker and secondary position really showed.

I'm going to take my angry out on Northwestern next week so no worries there.

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Haha good I need them to take a hit in the polls Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum