Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Georgia wins SEC championship game in a nailbiter

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

cko61920

cko61920

Mississippi St-Georgia II proved to be an even better game than the hotly contested original. The game eerily followed a pattern of the previous matchup with Mississippi St jumping out to an early lead only to see Georgia come away with the victory in the Fourth quarter.
Mississippi St struck first by scoring a td on the first drive of the game behind a long catch by the freshmen Wilder that set up a 1 yd touchdown run. After a first down and an incompletion that knocked starting QB Gray out for a play, Georgia's backup threw an interception on his only play of the game that set up a Miss St field goal.
However, as the Georgia Offense has done all year long, Gray hooked up with Orsen Charles for a 50 yd td pass on the Bulldogs play of the drive. Next, Smith of UGA made the play of the game with a 39 yd pick six. The teams traded tds on the next two possessions making a score 21-17 Georgia.
The last two minutes of the 1st half almost cost Georgia a shot at the NC as QB Logan Gray threw two picks in opposing territory that stopped potential scoring drives. The first of which resulted in a MSU TD making the score 24-21 at half.
The teams would trade tds on the first three possessions of the second half leaving the score at 35-31 with just over 5 minutes remaining. After a MSU Bulldog first down, the Georgia D finally stepped up and forced a punt after the MSU coach elected to punt on 4 and 2 from his own 40.
MSU's punter missed downing the Bulldogs down inside their own one yard line by inches and the Georgia O took over at their own 20 with just over 3 minutes remaining. Georgia showed its championship form by running out the clock and not allowing the potent MSU offense another shot.

Players of the Game

Georgia

Logan Gray-17-24 326 yds 3 tds 2 ints
AJ Green- 4 rec 105 yds 1 td
Orsen Charles 6 rec 133 yds 1 td
Rambo 13 tackles

Mississippi St

Reif 19-267 yds 2 tds 2 ints
Elliott 21 car 86yds 2 tds
Wilder 5 rec 152 yds
Thompson 7 tackles 2 ints

Miss St. 10 14 7 0 31
Georgia 14 7 7 7 35

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

FUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOD DAMNIT and i bet any money than green will win the heisman now. ill be taking bets here shortly.

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

sorry rja i tried helping you out but i coulldnt do it

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

I was countin on ya man lol o well ill just kick his ass in our game next year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum