Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Official Rules

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Official Rules Empty Official Rules Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:00 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Official Rules of the OD

Objective
My objective for this dynasty is to create a great dynasty that will last for many, many season. I want this to be a place where we can all come and communicate and have fun. Having fun is the most important thing in a dynasty and that is why I am creating this one. I don't want to think of myself as the commissioner because I want everybody's opinion to have equal weight. The rules that we have in place are to ensure everything is fair and nobody gets and unfair advantage. I know I can't possibly know all the best ideas for the perfect dynasty but as a group I know we can have the perfect dynasty for all of us. In this dynasty I don't want any cheese, this is going to be a realistic sim dynasty. I want this to be a close to real life as possible.

Sliders
I want the computer to actually be a challenge so the sliders are meant to be challenging while also producing realistic results. So the sliders are as follows:

Gameplay Options:
Skill-Heisman
Injuries-On
Fatigue-On
Quarter Length-7 Minutes
Game Speed-Slow
Speed Threshold-25
Play Clock-On
Home Field Advantage-On
Ice the Kicker-On
Quiz the QB-Off

Penalties:
Offsides-45
False Start-50
Holding-55
Facemask-55
Off PI-100
Def PI-100
KR/PR Interference-100
Clipping-50
Intentional Grounding-100
Roughing the Passer-100
Roughing the kicker-100

User Offense:
QB Accuracy-30
Pass Blocking-50
WR Catching-45
RB Ability-45
Run Blocking-25

CPU Offense:
QB Accuracy-20
Pass Blocking-50
WR Catching-45
RB Ability-85
Run Blocking-50

User Defense:
Pass Coverage-40
Pass Rush-25
Interceptions-20
Rush Defense-10
Tackling-15

CPU Defense:
Pass Coverage-50
Pass Rush-15
Interceptions-45
Rush Defense-55
Tackling-15

User Special Teams:
FG Power-45
FG Accuracy-30
Punt Power-50
Punt Accuracy-40
Kickoff Power-50

CPU Special Teams:
FG Power-45
FG Accuracy-35
Punt Power-55
Punt Accuracy-40
Kickoff Power-50

Roster
We will be using Luvtotha9s most up-to-date roster so check it out when looking at teams. Be warned he has made changes based on injuries and players that have declared early for the draft.

Sim Style
I realize everybody has a different definition of what a sim player is, but I want to put some basic guidelines down so we will get a good idea on what needs to be avoided. I think in user game it will be best if the two opponents talk before the game on exactly what will and won't be allowed. Some things though are QBs constantly running out of the pocket, run commit is banned, throwing deep on screens, and basically anything that wouldn't happen in real life. With regards to gameplan features, for now I will say they are allowed but you must use them in moderation. Don't leave them on all game long, they are meant to be used situationally and as long as I don't see people abusing them then they can stay. Basically everybody should know how to play sim or have an idea, and if you don't know how to I or somebody else would be glad to help you if you just ask. Again I say I think it is important that the two users talk before the game to iron out everything. Also for CPU games there will be no stat padding and running up of the score. I don't want to see ridiculous numbers that would never happen week after week ie, 800 passing yards or 500 rushing yards from one player. I understand people have freak games but not every week. Also I don't want to see you scoring 70-7 games every week. If you have a big lead late eat up the clock and sit on the ball don't run up the score. Basically if you play in CPU games like you would in user game you will be fine.

Fourth Down Rules
These rules are applied to fourth downs in user games. If the game is in the first half you are only permitted to go for it if it's fourth-and-2 or shorter. In the third quarter you can go for it on fourth-and-two or shorter or any time if you are trailing by 16 points or more. In the fourth quarter you are only allowed to go for it if it's fourth-and-2 or shorter if you are ahead and you can go for it any time in the fourth quarter if you are down. If you really have a problem with any of these shoot a message to your opponent in game and ask if it is ok to go for it in a certain situation. If your opponent says no then you need to fall back on these rules.

Chew Clock
You shouldn't run the play clock down or use the chew clock feature unless you are winning/losing in a blowout (20+ point lead) or you are taking a knee. Pick your plays in a timely manner, get to the line and snap the ball. It is understandable to want to take as much time off of the clock when leading late, but running the clock down to 1 second can use up over half a quarter without moving even half the field. You don't have to be in a hurry up offense but you the play clock should rarely run under 10 seconds before each snap. Obviously if you come to the line and flip the play, hot route, check the defense, etc will take time but in a close game you shouldn't just waste time.

Recruiting
For the first year in recruiting we are going with no limitations to see how that goes. I think with lesser teams it isn't going to be a problem, but in the future when we are six star schools we will probably reevaluate this.

Playbooks/No Huddle
With the addition of custom playbooks this year we will need to keep track of and regulate playbook usage. You are required to turn in an offensive and defensive playbook before you can play your first game. If you want to use a base playbook all you have to do is post that playbook and you are good to go. If you create a playbook you must post every formation that is in the playbook for it to be allowed. At this point in time I won't regulate the number of formations in your playbook but try to keep it realistic so we don't have issue. Along these same lines is no huddle. If you wish to be a no huddle team you must declare that before the season with your playbook information. If you are a no huddle team then you are required to run it in a realistic manner the whole game unless up by a large margin then you can stop. It is not realistic to in a spread set and no huddle into a goalline set, you need to stay in similar personnel. I realize there are different ways to run the no huddle, but it will just help us if you post how you plan on using it in the season (ie. I want to use no huddle after the first, first down of the drive and the rest of the drive or I plan to use no huddle on all plays that aren't a dead ball or a massive change in formation). If you don't declare yourself as a no huddle team you shouldn't be using no huddle unless you are behind in the second half or it is a two-minute drill situation. No huddle can get tricky but as long as nobody tries to exploit it and is honest we won't have any problems.

Schedules
The schedules will be composed of a minimum 3 regular season user games and no FCS opponents. If at all possible I will try to keep rivalry games on your schedule but it may have to go if the schedule won't work any other way. I am open to any requests you may have as to who you want to play.

Users Expectations
All users are to be SIM players who are ACTIVE on the forums. Trust me the more active you are and the more you get into character as your coach the more fun it is. Activity is not a requirement as of now but I would like to see everybody at least contributing simple game recaps and scheduling games. Also it goes without saying but you need to treat all other users with respect and kindness, on the boards and in game.

Advance Times
We will advance every 48 hours usually Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. I will put all the advance times on the calender once we start. If we have to wait on user games we will also we will not be in such a hurry that if you are out of town and we have to wait an extra day we will do so, but you must give us advanced warning and inform us of when you will get your game in.

Restarts
Everybody is given one free restart per season no questions asked in the event of something happening. I know things happen from time to time so this will hopefully help with that. After the one unfortunately I am not going to allow restarts. Of course if there is a disconnect in a user game that is a different situation and will be dealt with on a case to case basis. I understand that sometimes things happen that you could get screwed over on but I don't know any better way to do this cause if I allow restarts then it could just get out of control. I will say that if you take a picture and post it on here or something it is possible that an exception can be made.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum