Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rebels take down Virginia in season opener

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

russeak82

russeak82

Oxford, Miss.

"It wasn't pretty but it was a win", was the first line from Coach Kendricks Monday press conference following a 27-17 victory over Virginia. "We've got alot to work on over the next few weeks to get ready for conference play but I felt the offense got the jist of what we are trying to do with our spread", Coach explains. It was not the prettiest but who will complain about putting up 300 passing yards against a pretty salt ACC defense. "Our IRs attacked the defense where they were coached to and the WRs put stress on the defense down the field".

Although, not everything was positive as the offensive line gave up 3 stacks and failed to create holes for the run game. "I think the Olinemen have a way to to go, I don't think they quite understand what we are trying to do in the zone blocking scheme, thats on us as coaches to fix", states Kendrick. The Rebels where only able to run for 84 yards with a long being of 11 yards.

The defense also did not get a ringing endorsement from the first year head coach. "Frankly, I feel we are soft on the defensive line today. I'm very disappointed". Virginia was able to amass 164 yards on 32 carries. "These kids are going to have to play better than that if they think they have a chance to be competitive in this conference.

2Rebels take down Virginia in season opener Empty nice Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:15 pm

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

Nice win! gotta love the spread!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum