Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Restart

+4
Texag610
xxGOxxBUDSxx
TheWhiteKnightGT
King_CEPS_11
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Restart Empty Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:43 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

What is everyones opinion on completely starting the dynasty over? Instead of 3 stars we could bump it up to 5 star teams because that is where most of us are, but it is clear that this is just not going to work.

If anybody else has any ideas let me know. I want retire this dynasty just yet, but if we can't play any games then there isn't much we can do.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

2Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:45 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I guess the biggest thing that throws me is why they can't connect out of the dynasty. I don't know what is going on at this point.

3Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:28 pm

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

I'm good with restart but I do think 4 star is better...that's a good average for what we has with new guys and veterans..and the heisman boost to make it harder...and obviously open up big 12 and big east from the get go as they are now!

4Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:29 pm

xxGOxxBUDSxx

xxGOxxBUDSxx

King_CEPS_11 wrote:What is everyones opinion on completely starting the dynasty over? Instead of 3 stars we could bump it up to 5 star teams because that is where most of us are, but it is clear that this is just not going to work.

If anybody else has any ideas let me know. I want retire this dynasty just yet, but if we can't play any games then there isn't much we can do.

Obviously if no one can play games then there is not much point in continuing on. If all avenues are explored to try and connect and it still does not happen then I am all for restarting the entire thing. It would be a good thing to set the stars to 6 right from the start so there are no restrictions for things like the coaching carousel but I am all for giving the guys who have put in their time the 4 or 5 star teams and noobs like me the pick of the 3 star teams and recruiting and playing our way up the pecking order. Just my thoughts and am open to anything.

5Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:32 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I think we will see how things go tomorrow. If trev and dj get it working then great, but if not it looks like we will have to start over I think. I will probably wait to see how my and xeno's game goes as well.

6Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:34 pm

xxGOxxBUDSxx

xxGOxxBUDSxx

King_CEPS_11 wrote:I think we will see how things go tomorrow. If trev and dj get it working then great, but if not it looks like we will have to start over I think. I will probably wait to see how my and xeno's game goes as well.

Sounds good I am cool with whatever. I just want to play but have everyone else be able to as well.

7Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:39 pm

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

I second gobuds suggestions...all seem good to me...moutard is also on board if it comes to this...sick of all the glitching in this year 3...

8Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:47 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

OK so I think what we would do then is have any conference open, but there can be no more than three users in a conference. You can be any team 4 star or lower and I guess we will do the order of choosing teams according to who has been in the OD the longest or we can just do everybody puts down what teams they want in order from 1-5 and we sort through the teams that people want that way.

9Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:49 pm

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

Senior members choose first! Hahaha

10Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:59 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

If we were to go be longevity it would go me, texasfight, turner, whiteknight, spicy, xeno, texag, dj, trevor, ryan, gobuds

11Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:02 pm

xxGOxxBUDSxx

xxGOxxBUDSxx

King_CEPS_11 wrote:OK so I think what we would do then is have any conference open, but there can be no more than three users in a conference. You can be any team 4 star or lower and I guess we will do the order of choosing teams according to who has been in the OD the longest or we can just do everybody puts down what teams they want in order from 1-5 and we sort through the teams that people want that way.

I like this idea. King you should post the draft order so we can all get an idea for what teams and conferences will be taken so once we get near the bottom I know what teams I will be able to choose. Also, just a suggestion, ok 2 suggestions, First maybe the first 2 picks should be the first 2 winners of the dynasty and Second, if possible the holding slider should be adjusted down a bit as in the 3 games I have played the holding calls have been crazy. Other than that the sliders have been great. Again, just my suggestion. I will adapt either way.

12Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:07 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

xxGOxxBUDSxx wrote:
I like this idea. King you should post the draft order so we can all get an idea for what teams and conferences will be taken so once we get near the bottom I know what teams I will be able to choose. Also, just a suggestion, ok 2 suggestions, First maybe the first 2 picks should be the first 2 winners of the dynasty and Second, if possible the holding slider should be adjusted down a bit as in the 3 games I have played the holding calls have been crazy. Other than that the sliders have been great. Again, just my suggestion. I will adapt either way.

I like the draft order idea. The sliders will be change slightly as we will move it up to Heisman. I will look into the holding calls, have you had any other problems with penalties other than holding?

Draft Order:
Turner
Spicy
King
Texasfight
whiteknight
xeno
texag
dj
trevor
ryand
gobuds

13Restart Empty Conference Alignment Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:10 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Also what would everybody think about the conference alignment? Does everyone like the current setup of 12 in each conference or would we rather go with something else?

Personally I like the 12 in each as opposed to the real life changes that just make things more difficult.

14Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:13 pm

xxGOxxBUDSxx

xxGOxxBUDSxx

King_CEPS_11 wrote:
xxGOxxBUDSxx wrote:

I like the draft order idea. The sliders will be change slightly as we will move it up to Heisman. I will look into the holding calls, have you had any other problems with penalties other than holding?

No just holding calls and some have been just outta hand like 3 in a row to go from 1 an 10 to 1 and 40. I mean i get holding calls are part of the game but at times it seemed like every run resulted in a holing call. Might just be me though!?

Draft order looks great! Can guys start putting their teams in now?

I like the 12 teams idea that way there are always conference championship games.

Draft Order:
Turner
Spicy
King
Texasfight
whiteknight
xeno
texag
dj
trevor
ryand
gobuds

15Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:20 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ok I'll look into the holding calls.

Yeah sure guys can start putting down which teams they would want. My top 5 would be:

Arkansas
Texas A&M
Clemson
Tennessee
Stanford

That's sort of a flexible order for me I haven't cemented it yet and there are a few others that I'm slightly interested in as well

16Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:24 pm

xxGOxxBUDSxx

xxGOxxBUDSxx

King_CEPS_11 wrote:Ok I'll look into the holding calls.

Yeah sure guys can start putting down which teams they would want. My top 5 would be:

1. Arkansas
2. Texas A&M
3. Clemson
4. Tennessee
5. Stanford

Mine would be...

SMU - If moved into BIG 12
Mississippi State
Cinncinnati
Pitt
Northwestern

Obviously my pick will depend on what is left conference wise by the time it gets to me but those are my top 5 for now.

17Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:26 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

SMU would be moved to the Big 12 if we use the current setup, which I am partial to. I like it because each conference is as close to even as possible.

18Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:31 pm

xxGOxxBUDSxx

xxGOxxBUDSxx

King_CEPS_11 wrote:SMU would be moved to the Big 12 if we use the current setup, which I am partial to. I like it because each conference is as close to even as possible.

Cool. All depends on how many other Big 12 teams get chosen before me but I have other options so it will all work out! I am getting amped about this going down!!

19Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:33 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Yeah I'm actually to the point where I am almost more excited to do this restart than continuing the current dynasty. It has just had so many problems that it doesn't even seem worth it. I would close it down and start the new one up now if everybody was on board, but I have a feeling it will be up tomorrow or the next day at this current rate

20Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:40 pm

xxGOxxBUDSxx

xxGOxxBUDSxx

King_CEPS_11 wrote:Yeah I'm actually to the point where I am almost more excited to do this restart than continuing the current dynasty. It has just had so many problems that it doesn't even seem worth it. I would close it down and start the new one up now if everybody was on board, but I have a feeling it will be up tomorrow or the next day at this current rate

Yeah I am cool with waiting till everybody weighs in on the matter but like you I have a feling that everybody will be on board with the restart idea given all the connection problems currently going on. I have to say that kudos are due to you as the commissioner though as you have made decisions on this league based on what is in the best interests of the league and all who are in it. I might be new but I am very impressed by the way decisions by you have been made thus far!!

21Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:46 pm

Texag610

Texag610

im good with the league restart...its always year 3 that seems to get messed up with these damn online dynasties...EA needs to get their shit together and make a better product...but yet i say that every year and i keep buying the game hoping they fixed the glitches...

22Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:35 pm

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

1) Arkansas
2) Mizzou
3)Tennessee
4) tbd
5) tbd
...will finish list tonight sometime lol

23Restart Empty Re: Restart Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:52 pm

Texag610

Texag610

1) Stanford
2) Michigan St
3) South Carolina
4) Texas A&M
5) Miss St

24Restart Empty Re: Restart Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:08 am

SpicyMoutard

1) south Carolina
2) Texas A&M

25Restart Empty Re: Restart Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:09 am

Xenocide78

Xenocide78

I'm good with a restart now as long as everyone else is on board.

If I have to choose 5 teams (without star limits or did I miss that part) then I'm going to try and have a mix from all conferences:

1. Ohio State (no-brainer)
2. California (I liked playing with them recently)
3. Kansas State
4. Maryland
5. Cincinnati

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum