Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cowboys Score 39 in the 2nd Half to Win

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cowboys Score 39 in the 2nd Half to Win Empty Cowboys Score 39 in the 2nd Half to Win Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:05 am

TrevorJ1985

TrevorJ1985

One week after a devastating loss to Maryland, OSU was looking to bounce back against Kentucky. The offense was slow to get started as they only mustered 3 points in the first half and turned the ball over 5 times in the half alone. Chelf threw INT after INT including one to a defensive lineman at one point. But the Cowboys defense would keep them in the game in the first half only giving up 14 points. But everything would change in the second half. Both teams would explode for a combined 50 points. UK would hold a 28-17 lead just seconds into the fourth quarter when the OSU offense would prove to be almost unstoppable. The Pokes would score 25 points in the quarter, compared to 14 for Kentucky, and would take their first lead of the game with 55 seconds left. The big difference in the second half was the big plays. OSU would have 4 TDs of 43 yards or more including a 93 yarder and their only TD that was shorter was set up by a big play. Kentucky led by 3 points with just over a minute to go in the game and had a 3rd down and 8 from their own 28 yard line. OSU would stop the UK run for a -4 play. This would prove to be a huge play because the UK kicker has no leg whatsoever. He had already missed a 45 yard FG short so 49 was out of the question. UK had to go for it on 4th and 12 and failed giving OSU great field position and they would not fail. A quick hitting pass to Jones would turn into the game winning score. Jones cut it up field and nobody would catch him. OSU would get a pick on the next drive and force UK to burn its 3 timeouts and would then kick a FG to extend the lead to 7 and that was all she wrote. OSU would comeback again as they had done against Nebraska and win 42-35.

Great Game DJ. I'm really glad we finally got to play this, it was worth it. As we talked about earlier, big plays and your lack of a solid kicker made the difference. Good luck the rest of the way.

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

You guys were able to play?? That's awesome! We may be able to keep this thing going after all. I wonder if it was the DMZ trick that did it. I guess we will see.

Sounds like a great game guys.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

djdj23

It was a great game, TrevorJ. Disappointed in my second half play on both sides of the ball, but at least the game pointed out some recruiting needs (kicking obviously).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum