Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Florida Gators @ Wiscsonsin Badgers, Camp Randall Stadium, M

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

At half time the score is 24-7 Wisconsin. Nick Toon has 2 TD receptions. John Clay has over 50 yards and score. Florida lost a CB for 2 quarters to a strained back. Look back for post game recap and stats.

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

On a rainy day at the beautiful Camp Randall Stadium in Madison, 2 top 10 teams were set to sqaure off in what was named the "game of the week". The gators started off with the ball but were forced to punt, and Wisconsin wouldnt let their first chance go to waste as they scored from 1 yard out on a run by AA John Clay, who would later have to leave the game. Florida again had to punt it to the Badgers and again Wisconsin wouldnt take no for an answer as the scored on a slant route run by WR Nick Toon for his first of 2 TD's on the day. Score 14-0 Wisconsin. Florida realized that the game was slipping away fast and they needed to spark a comeback soon, and they got one started as they scored on an over-the-shoulder grab by WR Carl Moore, making it 14-7 Wisconsin. After consecutive punts by both teams Wisconsin took over once again and scored on a corner route again by Nick Toon giving him two touchdowns on the day and making the score 21-7. The Badger defense forced another Florida drive to end on a 3 and out, and Wisconsin ended up having to kick a field goal with about 40 seconds left in the half. Score 24-7 and that would be it going into halftime, and essentially the end of scoring for Wisconsin and nearly the whole game as the only score in the second half was a touchdown pass from Florida QB John Brantley to his receiver Hammond.The final score would end up being 24-14 in Wisconsin favor.

Wisconsin head coach Muzzy Colosimo had this to say after
being drenched in red gatorade. "I knew these kids could do it, and I believed in them all week long. The defense was our key to winning this game and they couldnt have been more clutch at a bigger time and in a bigger game, I mean c'mon we just beat the best team in the country." He also added "While this is a huge win for this program and for the city of Madison, its only week 1 and as most of the country knows, upsets are just waiting to happen." and when asked if he thinks his team should be the number one in the country when the new polls come out, he said "I'll say this, I have the best team in the country right here, now whether the poll voters believe it or not, thats a different story.

And when Coach Urban Meyer took the stage all he said was "Tim Tebow" and walked off.

Stats

Passing Leaders:
S.Tolzien: 13-22, 146yds 2TD 0Int
J.Brantley: 14-22, 175yds 2TD 0Int

Rushing Leaders:
J.Clay: 26att 103yds 1TD
Z.Brown: 12att 49yds
J.Demps: 2att 6yds

Receiving Leaders:
N.Toon: 7rec 68yds 2TD
K.Jefferson: 4rec 58yds
C.Moore: 3rec 92yds 1TD