Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Rule Suggestion

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Rule Suggestion Empty New Rule Suggestion Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:24 pm

russeak82

russeak82

This rule is in one of my other dynasties and thought it might be a good one for us:

"Once a owner has won 3 NCs at one school they must find a new job with a 3 star school or below. The reasoning for this rule is keep from having one school achieve un-realistic success."

Later this rule was changed to 3 NC in a 7 year (or less) period.

This may not be a problem with ours but its food for thought.

2New Rule Suggestion Empty Re: New Rule Suggestion Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:24 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

I like it

3New Rule Suggestion Empty Re: New Rule Suggestion Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:07 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Hmm that's an interesting rule. I have never heard of anybody doing that before and personally I don't like it, I'm not trying to dog you or anything russ, but let me tell you why.

1. NCAA 11 comes out in July so the way I see it we may get 4 more season after this season. So if somebody were to win 3 national championships in that time they would have to be really good.

2. The whole idea is to build up your team, I don't think it is fair to make them leave once you have all the recruits you want and your team how you want them.

3. That really seems like a punishment to a guy just because he is successful. If a guy is good at one school why wouldn't he be good at another? Since we all started out at 4 star schools we were all even to start with, and even if a guy wins a few NCs there is no reason that schools shouldn't have similar talent, because you can still recruit the same type of kids provided your team isn't losing every game.

4. It is hard to make the cpu play to real life because we all beat cpu teams that are better than our team. Sometimes we may lose to a cpu, but in general all of us can beat good cpu teams. With three user games a year you should be able to win 9 games pretty easily in year at least in year two, after you have gotten your feet wet. So by being able to beat cpu teams even when the cpu team is better it is going to help users get to the NC.

Again not trying to say anything bad about you russ, I just don't really like the idea. I mean it kind of defeats the purpose of building your team up. Look at cko he is in his first year with Georgia and he has his team lined up to play in the national championship. So say he wins 3 NCs in a row and we make him move then he gets to the NC his first year at a new school, then we have gained nothing except for making him move because he won too much. But I would be interested to see what everybody else thinks about this. It's still a little early for it to effect anything obviously because we are a minimum of three years away from that happening, but I still think we should discuss the idea.

And thanks for the idea russ, the od is so much better when people are throwing out ideas of how they think the od can improve, no matter if myself or anybody else likes them.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum