Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Week Twelve Is Up

+2
RJAfan6
King_CEPS_11
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Week Twelve Is Up Empty Week Twelve Is Up Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:53 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Week twelve is now up. Let's try and get a quick advance in but the advance will be on Tuesday night at the very latest

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

2Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:59 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

WWWOOOOOOWWWWW on the headline it says "Georgia is new number after flirting with Auburn"??? what ??!!! they beat auburn big whoopdedo my second stringers could beat auburn. These polls are so messed up, i mean ya i moved up one but i beat #7 team in the country he beat a 6-3 Auburn team and that automatically catapults him to number 1. Ya northwestern lost but theres also texas and A&M up there.

3Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:18 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Well I'm not surprised that they stayed ahead of me and Texas but I was surpried that they jumped myself and Texas earlier in the year. If the polls are truly even for everybody I will jump Georgia if and when I beat Texas. But you are right the polls are messed up I think the SEC is too highly rated in the polls in the game in general. I mean how can Tennessee be ranked as high as they are and they have four losses and same with Florida.

4Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:47 pm

cko61920

cko61920

I have been trying to stay out of this conversation about my ranking, but your obsession is just getting old. Lets compare the schedules. Ive beaten 3 ranked teams, plus Cal who should be ranked. Texas has beaten one and A&M has beaten two so far. Ive also won three user games and must win one more against a player who has given me, you, and King a scare. Not that any of it really matters as the A&m-Texas winner will probably jump me anyway.

Granted, you have beaten four ranked teams (we share Florida and Mississippi State) and three user games. If you were undefeated I would understand the complaining if I jumped you, but you lost to a 5-4 (one game worse than "pathetic Auburn") Penn St. If MSU beats me like I think he will, you will get your shot. Otherwise, just stop worrying about me this year and beat me next year.

5Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:28 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

penn state had 1 loss when i lost to them and i lost to them by 2 points. and ok King write it down next year me and cko

6Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:38 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

and for the record i beat florida when they were #1 and i moved up what 3 spots?? you beat 2-6 Arkansas and go from unranked to #17?? Dont even tell me thats not like unheard of. You might say im jealous but im not im kinda pissed cuz despiteb your great season i dont think you deserve the grace of being #1. just my opinion.

And one last thing. . .about you having a better schedule. You rcombined opp record is . . .52-58. Mine is 65-47. Im not the best at math but thats a big difference.
And your SEC opponents only 4 of them had winning records.Opposed to me where of the 9 teams out of the big 10 i play a year, 5 of them had winning records. also a big gap. So you cant say thats not rediculous. But whatever im done with that.

7Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:45 pm

russeak82

russeak82

RJAfan,
I think you should look at the BCS standings. Right now if Northwestern wins their last two games they will win the Big Ten. Obviously, that means they get a BCS game. So that leaves one BCS birth between me and you. If you look at the standings (despite you beating me)I am only .003 behind you. There is a chance, depending on what you do the last two games that I could jump you and get that remaining spot. This is all going to come down to how we perform in our last two games.

I just beat #21 Minn 34-24 so I dont think that really helps or hurts me. My final game is #24 UNC so that helps. You play Mich with is 4-5 so if you blow them out its not really going to help you. Your last game against Minn is vital, you must blow them out to hold that .003 lead...Obviously this is all based on Northwestern winning out.

Crazy shit just might happen this last 3 weeks.

8Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:47 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

i beat them by 4 so. . . .

9Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:53 pm

russeak82

russeak82

wow this is going to get very interesting.

10Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:44 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

RJAfan6 wrote:penn state had 1 loss when i lost to them and i lost to them by 2 points. and ok King write it down next year me and cko

Ok then you and Georgia will play next year. I had a feeling you guys would but now it's official

11Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:58 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

thatll be game of the year even century cuz i have a better team returning next year than the one i have this year. and hes bringing in half the damn high school seniors in america so it should be interesting

12Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:24 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Not so fast my friend. We haven't advanced to players leaving yet. One time I had six guys trying to leave for the draft and I was unable to convince three of them to stay so just let's wait and see how it looks after that.

13Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:03 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

ill use up all 10 hours if i have to, to get toon to stay. clay wont leave cuz hes been hurt the whole year.

14Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:16 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Is there any kind of restriction for trying to sway a player into staying? In my other dynasty we have a rule that keeps the game similar to real life...IMO it is a fairly good rule

A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:

* is > 95 OVR

* is a JR that has won the Heisman
* is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR

Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

15Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:24 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

I have shared the same sentiments over the past few weeks. Your complaining will be a moot issue if you win out. You will play for a chance at the title unless GA and A&M win out, then that loss to PSU will be your ultimate demise. That sucks but that is how it would play out in real life as well. One game does make a world of difference. Look at me. I lost in OT to UCONN and that may cost me the Big East title. I need alot of things to happen in order to win the Big East. Sucks cause USF quti and they would not even be in the mix usually. Oh well, that is College Football, not perfect but damn close and so much fun to talk about.

16Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:10 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Elixor1987 wrote:Is there any kind of restriction for trying to sway a player into staying? In my other dynasty we have a rule that keeps the game similar to real life...IMO it is a fairly good rule

A player will not be allowed to attempt to sway a player from the pro draft if he:

* is > 95 OVR

* is a JR that has won the Heisman
* is a JR or SO(RS) and has won a major award (Thorpe, Maxwell, Biletnikoff, etc) and is > 90 OVR

Kickers and punters can be swayed from pro draft regardless of OVR and class.

I have the same rule in another dynasty I'm in. I don't have a problem with putting something like that in, but you might have some angry people. I have always been 50/50 on it just because I think you should at leas have a shot at trying to keep your guys, because sometimes it doesn't matter how much time you put in they still could leave, but on the other hand sometimes guys would never stay in 100 years in real life and you are still able to keep them. I guess I will leave it up to what the other guys decide, but I think whatever we decide needs to go in ASAP because if we don't put it in this year I don't think we can ever put it in, because it will have a big effect on the guys this year.

17Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:14 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

I am for leaving it alone. Someone that good you are going to have a hard time keeping around anyways and if you want to waste all your recruiting time to do it for week 1, that's fine by me. That gives me an advantage in week 1. That is a critical week in recruiting.

18Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:15 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

That's a good point too. If you have to spend all your minutes in the first week then it does hurt you in recruiting in that first week.

19Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:21 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

Plus the first week is when you can set most of your in home visits.

20Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:25 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

True...

21Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:26 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Looks like we are just waiting on the boys from the SEC. That would be awesome if we could get this advance in 24 hours

22Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:36 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

That was quick.

23Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:38 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya there were a few byes this week and with us being down to 9 total guys it makes for quick weeks on occasion

24Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:43 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

I might not be on tonight though, but we will see. This addiction seems to always take over no matter what. LOL!!!

25Week Twelve Is Up Empty Re: Week Twelve Is Up Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:10 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

The only thing that bothers me about trying to keep players is that in real life, if someone wins award or half the time a finalist, they go pro regardless of whatever anyone would say to them. In my other dynasty I've only faced the situation once and it killed me because it ended up putting me 2 WRs that I had to fill in the off-season. One of the WRs was a senior and graduated and another that was my top WR, but only a SO(RS) and nearly won the Heisman. It's tough, but they would go pro in real life so I just had to deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum