Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

OK I just played the GREATEST GAME OF THE ENTIRE NCAA SERIES!!

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

russeak82

russeak82

The Setting:
So I'm playing as Oklahoma State and I am in year 2 of the dynasty. 3rd game I play Clemson has home. I am ranked 19th (10-3 last year, wow!) and Clemson is ranked 25th. I play on 8 min qtrs, adjusted Heismen, on normal speed and have about 60-75 offensive plays game. OSU ratings are B+, B and B.
Clemson is B+, B+ and B. Now on to the game.

1st Qtr:
I come out and move very easily down the field with my air raid offense. Get down to the 15 and stall out had have to kick and 24 yard field. Great opening drive right. Clemson lines up and pounds the rock down my freaking thoat. 8 play 72 yards and 16 yard TD run by ellington. I am thinking at this point aww shit! The rest of the qtr both of us move the ball well but seem to stall out around mid feild.

2nd Qtr:
There qb Parker turns into freaking John elway and hits out route after out route, moving down to the 8 yard line. Clemson choose to try and pound out the run for 2 straight plays and get stuff both times for a few yards. It is now 3rd and 5 on the 5...Clemson comes out 5 wide. Clemson calls curls and I am in press so everyone is blanketed. WRs break off their routes and Parker finds #85 in the corner wide but he drops the ball! (raining thank god). Clemson kicks field goal. My turn! I move all the way down the feild with mix of Y-splits, zone reads and quick slants. Finally I find a streaking slot wr Josh Cooper uncovered for a 24 yard td pass....Then ol' John Elway takes the field again. Kid is fire finding open guys after open guy and if they are not open he scrambles for 10 yards. 12 seconds to go and Clemson is on 9 yard line. And the mircle happens, a diving INT by my OLB in the flat...HALFTIME score 10-10.

3rd and most 4th qtr:
We trade blow after blow. If I score a TD they score a TD. If they fumble the ball I fumble ball.
With 3:30 left on the clock score is tied.

3:30 in the 4th and beyond:
This is where this game becomes legendary. With 3:30 left I have the ball on my 38 yard line. First play I run zone read and see the DE bite...as well as everyone else on the field!!. I see wide open field for 60 yards and with my 80 speed qb, start trucking down the feild, to the 50, to the 40, to the 30, to the 25. Tackled at the 22 yard line. Time to run the clock so I go conservative and run 2 straight run plays..big mistake. Now I'm at 3rd and 11 on the 23 yard line. I come out 5 wide my primary read is a fade route in the corner with my primary WR. I hike the ball 2 seconds left, wr makes the cut and is wide open. I throw the ball...drop.

(going to have to continue when i get home)

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Dang sounds like a great game. Let us know how it ends

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

russeak82

russeak82

Back to the Game...

3:30 left in the 4th Qtr:

As I said earlier, Hubert Anyiam drops the wide open pass it the back of the end zone so I have to kick a 27 yard field goal to take a 27-24 lead. Kick is on the right hash mark with the wind to my right at about 5-7 mph. So, I take dead aim just to the inside of the goal post and kick...shit it not perfect the ball drifts barely to the right of the goal post. All of a sudden the refs say its good and I know for a fact (after replay) that I missed that kick and Clemson does not challenge!. Thanks God.

1:30 left in the 4th Qtr:
After a decent return Clemson starts at their 33 yard line. I know the CPU is about to pull some BS out of its ass but I have to see if I can run down out the clock before they score. Also, Clemson has all 3 timeouts so its a huge ammount of time. Sure enough Clemson moves all with way down the feild on short screens and curl routes and gets inside the 15 yard line with 30 seconds to go. I hold Clemson to 2 straight incomplete passes and set up a 3rd and 10 from the 13 yard line. Clemson calls for slant and I destroy the WR as he makes a catch on the 1 yard line. FUMBLE! OSU RECOVERS!...CLEMSON CHALLENGES...FUMBLE OVERTURNED!. On 4th and 10 on the 13. Time to man up. Clemson comes out 3 wide,1 TE and a RB. They handoff!?!?..no wait flea-flicker! TD Clemson. At this point I am in a state of disgust and bewilderment that can't quiet be described. Its was like being a Miami fan when Doug Flute hit that hail mary, you just could not turn away.

:18 left on the clock in the 4th:
This is the part of the game I like to call "The Catch". At this point I have all but giving up, you just don't come back on these settings from 80 yards in 18 seconds. You just cannot do it. clemson kicks and I get to the 28 yard line. 13 seconds remaining. First play out five with deep out patterns with 3 of the wr....incomplete. 8 seconds left. At this point I just going to throw it up and what happens happen...4 wide, 3 to the right 1 to the left...hike...man coverage to the left with a safety dropping back. I throw..Both the corner and safety jump up for the ball and tip it behind them to my WR!! 30 yards later Hubert Anyiam who dropped the ball in the end zone before, has caught the game winning 72 yard pass. Game over

greatness score 2368

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum