Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

slider set testing

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1slider set testing Empty slider set testing Mon Sep 13, 2010 6:54 pm

russeak82

russeak82

Guys:
I am going to work on putting together a new slider set for the next year when we advance so but I need some suggestions to the following questions.

1)Are we committed to holding the qtr to 7 mins? Would we be willing to put it at 8 mins to get the accurate play count. Right now we run from 50/55-65/70plays. 1 more min would put us around 55/60-70/75 plays.

2)Heisman or AA setting? If we go heisman I would really suggest we put game play on slow since heiman reacts so fast.

If anyone is willing to test sliders for me let me know.

Thanks

2slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:14 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

I'd be up for 8 min qrts, as far as heisman vs AA, I'd have to play a few games to decide. The one thing I'm seriously considering is changing the recruiting slider, unless I get some more commits in the next few weeks, I won't even be able to fill my needs...I've noticed that out of the 7-8 users, 2 or 3 don't have a single commit and 1-2 only have 1...I know it's supposed to be more difficult to recruit this year, but at week 8, just about every school should have more than 1 commitment...Back to the original question, I'm open to a change in settings, I just want to wait until the offseason to change them, just let me know what you want to change and everyone can test them and offer suggestions if they have any.

3slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:34 pm

russeak82

russeak82

How are those teams recruiting? I have not varied much at all from team to team has to how I do recruiting wise. Everyone needs to remember that the best way to do this is first target the players have you at the top of their list and go from there. As a rule, only actively recruit 10 guys a week. Once one guys commits go to the next and recruit the full 60 mins. Seems to work for me.

4slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:06 pm

russeak82

russeak82

Ok here is my first slider test

SETTINGS:

skill-Heisman
Rec-AA
Quarter length-7 min
game speed-slow
PMST-35

Penalties
offsides-55
FS-55
holding-50
facemask-50
OPI-75
DPI-75
KR/PR Int-55
clipping-55
int grounding-55
RTP-55
RTK-55

User/CP AI
50/45
60/40
45/45
50/55
60/60
65/65
50/30
10/0
60/40
45/40
35/35
45/45
35/40
15/40
35/40

5slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:19 pm

russeak82

russeak82

first game

Cal(me) vs. Oregon State (home)

Score 28-14 cal
Firstdowns: Cal 10 OSU 18
total offense: Cal 262 OSU 344
Rushing: Cal 28-91 OSU 24-81
passing: Cal 171 OSU 262
comp/att: Cal 12/20 OSU 20/34

I really was out classed by OSU but they turned the ball over 3 times to my 1 and all three was in there side of the field. The play count was 48 to 58 so I totally believe we need to go to 8 mins with these sliders.

6slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:44 am

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

slow gameplay wont work for me i played one game on slow and i vowed never to play on slow again haha it just takes away the college part of it

7slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:33 pm

russeak82

russeak82

Takes away the college part? what does that mean?

8slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:57 pm

russeak82

russeak82

The reason I say slow on heisman is because the CPU reacts so quick on heisman. Slow speed gives you just enough time to read blocks, identify receivers that are making cuts to be open, pick up blitzs, etc.. Without being impossible to react in time.

9slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:42 pm

russeak82

russeak82

Game 2

Cal(me) vs. Washington State (home)
Score 38-17

Stats
Firstdowns 18 12
Passing 262 242
comt/att 18/26 20/36
Rushing 28-134 19-84
Turnovers 1 3
Total plays 52 55

This game was over at halftime when I was up 31-3. Washington State fumbled 3 times the 2nd qtr and all of them was in there territory. The 2nd half, a totally different team came out. WSU really moved the ball well and was able to convert on there first 2 drives of the second half. They move the ball in the fourth but could not convert a 2 4th down plays. Overall its kind of what I would of expect from a Cal/WSU match up. Play count again is low but overall the game was enjoyable. May human pass acc a bit. little to accurate.

Please somebody give these a try and let me know what you think.

10slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:30 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Wish there was a way to tone down fumbles...between AA and heisman, the only thing I hate is the # of fumbles. It doesn't seem to matter on heisman if you use the cover the ball button or not, if the computer starts to strip the ball...you're going to fumble. I haven't noticed the computer fumbling near as much as I do, but I average 4-5 fumbles a game with at least 1 being a TO(on AA, with heisman it's worse but haven't played enough to average them). And before someone asks...yes I use the cover button every time I'm going to get wrapped up...didn't when the game first came out, but after my 2nd game of 5 TOs I started doing it every time.

11slider set testing Empty Fumbles Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:19 am

turkis2480

Samething happens to me. I think my first two games in this season I fumbled 7 times and I use the cover up button everytime I run know and it still happens

12slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Thu Sep 23, 2010 4:47 pm

russeak82

russeak82

I used to have major issues but as of the last 2 patches I fumble maybe 2 twice a game.

Concerning the sliders, I get the impression from a lot of people that I play with on other dynasties that a AA slider set is the way to go. Is anyone familiar with SECElites sliders on Operationsports.com? I've had a number of people rave about them but they are not the best players so.

13slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:31 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

I like SEC's...only thing about his I'm worried about is the 9 minute quarters and game speed set on slow and the 0 threshold.

14slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:57 am

russeak82

russeak82

9 min qtrs is a little extreme I think. Last night I played a Oklahoma State Vs. A&M game at 8 mins with these sliders and the play count was 71 OSU to 68 ATM. I really dont like a threshold of 0. I will have to try them out but at 0 I would expect to see big play after big play. Foot speed is a factor in players real life but I don't think it should be the end all be all to how a team can perform. I'll give them a shot tonight and give the stats. Its getting pretty close to the end of season 1 so I hope we can get something figured out by the off-season recruiting time.

15slider set testing Empty Russ vs SEC Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:53 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

I've been testing both sliders(Russ's and SECelite's) the past few days since I didn't have a game to play this week. Impressions:
Russ's:
On Heisman, CPU is almost too good and TOs are more frequent.
Nothing else is too noticeable to comment on.

SECelite's:
User is good enough, but 9 min quarters are too much.
0 threshold is good i think, it matches the rest of the settings and makes the fast people fast and it allows fast players to get separation from LBs and D-linemen that shouldn't be able to catch them. I still want to test it a little more, but I've played 2 and the first half of another and haven't thought it was horrible.
CPU RB ability needs toned down, i think he has CPU ability set at 100 and OMG I'm so tired of the CPU QB being able to run like a running back when he scrambles and the same with TEs that shouldn't be able to move like RBs. User RB ability is good and I can actually break a couple tackles compared to base settings.
The kicking game returns! I was so annoyed by 30-40yd punts by a punter that has good power, but with these sliders a good leg will give you a 50yd punt.
I think that's about all for now, I'm going to try and play a few more games with these and make some small refinements to try and tweak these to my liking. Once I get them where I think they should be, I'll post them and let you guys decide.

16slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:54 pm

russeak82

russeak82

been playing with SECElites sliders. I like them. Make those changes Elixor and I think they will be good.

17slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:22 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Russ, you have any more suggestions besides what I have? I'd really like everyone's comments on them...

18slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:29 pm

russeak82

russeak82

I'll miss around with the sliders alittle more tonight and post but I think. I feel pretty good about the SECElites latest update.

19slider set testing Empty Re: slider set testing Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:55 pm

russeak82

russeak82

I hear that. When you start turning the ball over they come in doses of games. The one way I've noticed that I don't fumble alot is when I get gang tackled I literally let go of the controller. I don't fight it or even cover the ball, just let the guy fall to the ground.

How has the CPU run game been for ya Elixor? Do you feel its good or should it be adjusted more?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum