Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Slider adjustments for next season.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Slider adjustments for next season. Empty Slider adjustments for next season. Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:57 pm

russeak82

russeak82

Since its getting to be about that time I figured I'd start a thread to address any ideas anyone had.

My 2 cents is that these sliders are very well done. The only blatant thing I would say needs to be adjusted is the run block for the CPU. If you look at all our defensive stats you'll notice that all of us are very strong against the run. Also, passing defense stats for all of us look good as well but I think if you give the CPU run block a little more bite then thats going to put more pressure on our pass defense so it should all even out.

On offense I might bump up human run blocking one notch but that is really the only adjustment that needs to be made IMO.

2Slider adjustments for next season. Empty Re: Slider adjustments for next season. Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:19 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Response to Russ suggestions:
I agree with the CPU run block increase, but not the Human increase. If you look at the rushing stats, we have at least 2 people with Top 5 RBs. Don't know how much better you want it, but if we make it any better I can bet my RB (L.Caper) will have 2000+ yds.

My suggestions:
Rushing:
In addition to the CPU run block increase, we might need to lower human run defense. I'll play a couple games this week with some small changes to find a good balance. From my experience this season, the good runners will run you out of the stadium while the average runners can't get past the line on a consistent basis.
Passing:
As much as I like having a decent pass defense, I think we should increase CPU catching by a notch. This season I've seen way too many drops that would be caught by the worst receivers in the country.

3Slider adjustments for next season. Empty Re: Slider adjustments for next season. Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:05 am

russeak82

russeak82

I'm fine leaving the human rushing were they are at now.

4Slider adjustments for next season. Empty Re: Slider adjustments for next season. Sat Jan 01, 2011 8:49 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

just curious...what slider set are we using?? i wanna pick it up for my offline. Thanks.

5Slider adjustments for next season. Empty Re: Slider adjustments for next season. Sun Jan 02, 2011 2:24 pm

russeak82

russeak82

I've done some testing on new sliders and just completed my first full season with Oklahoma State. For the results keep in mind that OSU is a A- on offense, B+ on defense.

Wash ST 58-24 WIN
Troy 45-21 WIN
Tulsa 52-17 WIN
A&M 35-28 WIN
Lou-Laf 42-7 WIN
Neb 35-24 LOSS
KSU 24-10 WIN
Baylor 48-20 WIN
Texas 52-45 LOSS
Kansas 20-7 WIN
OU 34-10 WIN

Cotton Bowl LSU 24-13 LOSS

Ended 10-3...I'll post the sliders in a little bit

6Slider adjustments for next season. Empty Re: Slider adjustments for next season. Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:24 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

imoi feel like user rushing is like running in mud. It just feels very slow to. Maybe bryce brown isnt as fast as i thaught he was but idk.

7Slider adjustments for next season. Empty Re: Slider adjustments for next season. Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:24 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

You shouldn't even have Bryce Brown...he was ineligible to play at K State this season because Tennessee didn't give him his release from his scholarship. But whatever on that, he isn't as fast as everyone makes him out to be, he was decent in speed but his running style IRL was why he was such a high college prospect. I got to see him a couple times last year when he was at Tennessee, he would've been a beast if he would've had his offseason training instead of hiding from Coach Dooley...

8Slider adjustments for next season. Empty Re: Slider adjustments for next season. Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:28 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

so wait which sliders are we using for this season?

9Slider adjustments for next season. Empty Re: Slider adjustments for next season. Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:04 pm

russeak82

russeak82

RJ:
We are using SECElite sliders.

All:
I will post my adjusted sliders for the CPU offense later tonight. I hope I can get some feed back from some of you this weekend as to what you think about them. So far I love them. I'm in week 3 of my OSU dynasty 2011 and just won a rival game against Tulsa 38-31.

10Slider adjustments for next season. Empty Re: Slider adjustments for next season. Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:58 am

russeak82

russeak82

Geez my bad guys, I'm addicted to this game with these new sliders. I promise I'll post them tonight before I get into a new game.

Oh FYI...I just finished playing against Tech and ATM in 2011 season with these sliders.

Tech game won 41-27:
Tech jumps up to a 13-0 lead 1st qtr.
I jump back out and take the lead into the half 17-13.
3rd qtr they go on a run 20-27.
4th qtr is all me, 1 fumble recovery TD and INT TD, to add on to the 56 yarder TD to Blackmon. Tech passes for over 500 Yards on 42 completions(65 attempts) and I still won!

ATM game wond 37-0 (F yeah!):
ATM played great defense but was down to there third QB due to injuries and had 3 ints and 2 fumbles the first half. 30-0 at half time. Held ATM to 180 total yards. ATM held me to 323 total yards.

11Slider adjustments for next season. Empty Re: Slider adjustments for next season. Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:51 pm

russeak82

russeak82

As promised here are the sliders. I will only post the CPU offense and Human defense since that is all I have changed:

CPU
QB Accr-55
Pass Block-35
WR Catching-45
RB Ability-90
Run Blocking-75

Human D
Pass Coverage-50
Pass Rush-25
Interceptions-20
Rush Defense-50

Give them a shot and let me know.