Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

who should play in the National Championship

+2
Rowbo73
Texasfight33
6 posters

who should play for the title against LSU?

who should play in the National Championship Vote_lcap29%who should play in the National Championship Vote_rcap 29% [ 2 ]
who should play in the National Championship Vote_lcap71%who should play in the National Championship Vote_rcap 71% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 7

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

Personally i think it should be Bama they lost LSU where OSU lost to iowa state

Rowbo73

Rowbo73

Texasfight33 wrote:Personally i think it should be Bama they lost LSU where OSU lost to iowa state

Personally I think it should be OSU playing LSU...both won their respective conferences and Bama already had the chance to beat LSU and didn't. Of course reality is that Bama will probably get their shot at redemption but that is only because the SEC is sooo strong and the opponents in that division are pretty much all A+. Just my 2 cents.

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

yeah thats a good point. id love seeing an OSU Lsu matchup

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I want to see Oklahoma State play in the National Championship, but I think it should be Alabama. I don't think Oklahoma State would win the game against LSU but I would like to see anyways. But I think just based on body of work and which team looks better I would say Alabama is more deserving to be in the national championship. The biggest argument against Alabama is that they have already played LSU and lost but I think it should be the two best teams playing. And Alabama hasn't even really been challenged other than the LSU game. Oklahoma State would have been in the NC with no arguments but they lost to Iowa State. If they had won we wouldn't even need to have this discussion. When Alabama and LSU played we knew one was going to lose and we would have this situation at the end of the season where if there was no other undefeated team there was going to be an case made for the loser of that game. The bottom line to me is that the best two teams are Alabama and LSU so they should play.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

5who should play in the National Championship Empty JOKE Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:22 am

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

This BCS stuff is just getting to be a joke...I understand that Bama had a better loss but they also had a much easier strength of schedule and they already lost to LSU at home. If it was a neutral site or road game id say put em in it but they had their shot and they blew it...I can only hope that the ratings are bad enough to make them realize this was a mistake to play a rematch of a 6-9 (ot) game that was not good the first time! 13 penalties combined and 5 missed field goals...tisk tisk lets see what Weeden and Blackmon wouldve done to them!

DavidIsWright

DavidIsWright

I think Oklahoma State always had to finish ahead of Alabama to get in over them and when they lost to Iowa State their chances were over. I don't think you should penalize Alabama just because they played LSU already that isn't fair to them. If they lost to some other team and didn't play LSU would people still be arguing against them? The voters had to decide who was better between all one loss teams (Stanford, Alabama, Oklahoma State) and they decided that it was Alabama. Stanford has just as much of an argument as Oklahoma State but nobody is giving them any love at all, they aren't even getting talked about. I would rather see Oklahoma State or Stanford play LSU but I do think the best team of the three is Alabama

7who should play in the National Championship Empty disagree Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:09 pm

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

i hear what ur saying but just cant agree with it...Yes bama is deserving and so is ok st, but as i stated bama had their shot at HOME and lost...it makes the season meaningless if we are just going to bias one league over the others neway...and yea stanford had a good year but they beat like 1 good team and lost to their 1 other good opponent BAD...OK ST beat K-STATE, TEXAS, OKLAHOMA, BAYLOR, MIZZOU, A&M...those are all quality losses that you dont find in bama schedule...im just saying we shouldnt have to watch a game that alrdy happened...if bama wins are they rly the national champs? i mean it is just a joke that a team that didnt win its conference can go play the winner of its conference with the title on the line...BIG 12 and SEC were clearly strongest conferences this year and it should be BIG 12 champ vs SEC champ..just a shame.

russeak82

russeak82

Don't even get me start with this crock of a system. One word---Playoff!!!

russeak82

russeak82

I'm going to comment on this one time only then I will not comment on it again...

Look at the body of work NOT just the loses.

OSU has 7 top 25 wins. Bama has 3.
OSU has 2 top 10 wins. Bama has 0.
OSU loses to a 6-6 ISU team on the road.
Bama loses to 11-1 LSU team at home.

I can completely understand somebody looking at all that and saying "we think its real close but still feel Bama deserves it over OSU because of the WAY they lost to LSU the first time".

My problem is listening to those YES men on ESPN act as if OSU doesn't even belong in the conversation. All that is is big money (ESPN) pushing the their agenda for $$$. BCS needs to GO!!!

Need another example??? Kstate, #8 does NOT GET A AT LARGE BID!!! Are you kidding me!!!

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

i really wish there could be a playoff. I think the whole BCS (not just the championship game) is just awful. I agree K-state should get an at large over Michigan or VT but no Michigan gets it just because they are "michigan" and i have no clue how VT got in there after getting embarrassed by clemson again?

As far as body of work goes i think OSU has the better of the two with bama but the BCS thinnks bamas is better just because they play in the SEC.

11who should play in the National Championship Empty head scratching Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:12 pm

TheWhiteKnightGT

TheWhiteKnightGT

well u say that but to be honest the computer favored the Big 12 over the SEC all year...it was the damn coaches poll that never went in their favor...just rediculous...im with u guys K-STATE, BOISE ST, or hell BAYLOR would have been in my eyes more deserving than Virginia tech...

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

its safe to say the bcs is just a huge mess and it needs to be fixed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum