Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Syracuse @ Kentucky (31-21 W) (1-0, 0-0)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Syracuse @ Kentucky (31-21 W) (1-0, 0-0) Empty Syracuse @ Kentucky (31-21 W) (1-0, 0-0) Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:31 pm

djdj23

QB Max Smith led the Wildats to a 31-21 victory over the visiting Orange of Syracuse. Smith finished 19/35 for 267 yards and 3 TD, all TDs came in the first half. Senior Raymond Sanders was a large contributor as well as he carried the ball 23 times for 149 yards.

"Ray was able to get outside a couple of times for some big gains. I, also, loved what he did in the passing game, picking up blocks and catching the ball," said offensive coordinator Randy Sanders. "He might be the guy, but I want to see Josh get out there next week."

Junior Josh Clemons did not get a carry, Saturday. "We'll get him out there. He's still nursing a tight hamstring and we didn't want to get him out there till he's 100%," said head coach Joker Philips. "I was happy with Max. I was very displeased with our offensive line. They held entirely too much, but Max did a great job of digging us out of 1st and 2nd and long due to the penalties. I was happy with our defense in the first half, we just need to do a better job for 60 minutes."

The Wildcats will play host to #7 Oregon State next week.

"They're going to be a very tough opponent. I'm anxious to see how our young guys compete," said Philips.

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Good start to the season, taking down the Big East Champs

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum