Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

USF @ Wisc

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1USF @ Wisc Empty USF @ Wisc Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:00 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

It was another rainy day in Madison, and it was another day for Badger football. As the Bulls won the toss and deferred, the Badgers start of the game with the ball. Nothing happened and so they punted and the Badger defense stepped up and forced a punt of their own. After the boot, Wisconsin led a drive down the field only to get a 39 yard field goal out of it. Making the score 3-0 Wisconsin and that would be the score going into the second half after a USF punt to end the first. And on that drive the Badgers scored on a 17 yd HB Slip Screen to RB John Clay, making the lead to 10-0 in Wisconsins favor. http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/16100572
And after another South Florida punt, Scott Tolzien was pressured by DE/LB for the day George Selvie and threw an interception, which lead to nothing but another Bulls punt. And on that ensueing drive UWisc booted a 26 yd field goal to make the score 13-0 going into half. The second half started off with a bang as the Bull return man fumbled the kickoff and Wisc recovered deep into USF territory. It only led to a FG making the score 16-0 Wisc. And finally ending the scoreless drives of USF they kicked a FG to cut the lead to 13 with a score of 16-3 Wisconsin. It didn't take long for the Badgers to answer back as they scored on a PA FB Flat pass to Brady Ewing from 17 yds out as the Bull defense brought an all-out blitz. That made the score 23-3 and that would be the score going into the 4th as USF had to punt again. But USF scored their first touchdown of the day in the 4th on a 1yd rush by South Florida Jamar Taylor. Score 23-10. Wisconsin scored some extra after some big plays to get downfield and a questionable facemask penalty called against USF, making the Badgers's lead 26-10. A turnover on downs and a few kneeldowns was how the game was put into the books with the final score 26-10 Wisconsin as they pick up their first W of the year.

Stats
Passing Leaders:
S.Tolzien(Wisc): 14-20 199yds 2TD 1Int
M.Grothe(USF): 7-18 103yds 0TD 0Int

Rushing Leaders:
J.Clay(Wisc): 20att 119yds 0TD
M.Plancher(USF): 10att 47yds 0TD

Receiving Leaders:
J.Clay(Wisc): 9rec 125yds 1TD
C.Erskin(USF): 3rec 45yds 0TD
B.Ewing(Wisc): 3rec 49yds 1TD
D.Gilreath(Wisc): 2rec 25yds
D.Bogan(USF): 2rec 36yds

2USF @ Wisc Empty Re: USF @ Wisc Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:31 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Sounds like a good game. Nice job to both guys

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

3USF @ Wisc Empty Good game Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:03 am

Good game RJA. Your defense really shut me down and you did a great job running the ball despite my best efforts to stop you.

That said, the 4 or 5 facemasks against me, and the fumble to start the 2nd half didn't help me!

But you kicked my butt anyway!

4USF @ Wisc Empty Re: USF @ Wisc Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:50 am

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

Ya thanks man you too. But ya those penalties came at the worst time for you.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum