Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tigers Offense dissapoints again at Oregon

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tigers Offense dissapoints again at Oregon Empty Tigers Offense dissapoints again at Oregon Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:44 am

marxshut

The Clemson tigers continue to struggle offensively, losing their second game of the year 31 - 13 to Oregon.

The game was closer than the score indicated and wasn't decided until 3 minutes to go when Oregon, leading 21 - 13 intercepted Kyle Parker and returned it 15 yards for a 28 - 13 lead. Clemson would then turn the ball over on downs an Oregon would add a late FG for the final margin.

Oregon open the scoring on a 6 play drive, with all plays over 10 yards to quickly jump out 7 - 0. The tigers answered with a sustained drive of their own to tie the game at 7. Oregon again moved effortless down the field taking 3 plays to tack on another 7 points. After an exchange of punts, Oregon was again driving and looked to add more points just before the half, but a timely sack and a missed FG allow the Tigers to take the ball back with 33 seconds remaining in the half. Parker hit three straight passes taking Clemson to the Oregon 30 and Richard jackson booted a 47 yard FG as the half expired for the 14 - 10 halftime margin.

The tigers took the ball to open the second half and drove inside the Oregon 20, but back to back sacks forced the tigers to attempt a 51 yard FG that Jackson nailed to bring the score to 14 - 13 early in the third. Oregon wasted no time answering with 35 yard TD run to extend their lead back to 21 - 13. Early in the fourth, Oregon drove deep into tiger territory, but made their only mistake of the game in allowing Clemson safety DeAndre McDaniel to pick off a pass in the endzone. Clemson however could not capitalize on the gift. It was here where Parker made his costly error and allowed the Duck corner to grab a pick six to essentially end the game.

All in all a better effort for the tigers than in week one, but they continued to be plagued by poor pass protection. Parker was sacked 5 times after being sacked 6 times last week. He did manage to connect on 18 of 30 passes for over 200 yards. The ground game was effective early, but shut down by Oregon after the first half.

The tiger defense again had trouble getting off the field, allowing several conversions of 10 yards or longer and offsetting one of their few stops with a facemask penalty.

Despite the fact that some improvement was shown, this team still has a long way to go before being competitive.

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Man tough loss. It sounds like Parker has struggled a little to start the season

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

3Tigers Offense dissapoints again at Oregon Empty User Error Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:11 pm

marxshut

King_CEPS_11 wrote:Man tough loss. It sounds like Parker has struggled a little to start the season

Yeah, I haven't played on Heisman since the game first came out, so my timing is a little slow as evidenced by the 11 sacks in 2 games. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up and give you guys some good games.

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya changing from AA to Heisman can be a big step at first but I'm sure you will get up to speed quickly

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

Ya i had some struggle adjusting last year, just play a bunch of play now games against like florida and usc and teams like that on heisman and youll get the hang of it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum