Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dynasty Setup

4 posters

What format should we go with?

Dynasty Setup Vote_lcap50%Dynasty Setup Vote_rcap 50% [ 2 ]
Dynasty Setup Vote_lcap50%Dynasty Setup Vote_rcap 50% [ 2 ]
Dynasty Setup Vote_lcap0%Dynasty Setup Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dynasty Setup Empty Dynasty Setup Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:51 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

With the new features of NCAA 12 there are some different obstacles that we need to work out as far as set up. Here is a poll with some choices so we can decide on what kind of format we want. Do we want to go all 6 BCS conferences as we have done in the past or would we rather go with a 4 conference set up having two-four teams per conference and thus allowing for some movement within conferences. And also if we go with all six conferences should we give two teams to the big east and big 12 so that each conference has 12 teams and a conference championship game, but that is a separate question.

I realize we are just gathering back together but I would like to get a feel for what people think.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

2Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:14 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Basically here are my thoughts right now. We go with four conferences (ACC, Big 10, Pac 12, SEC) all the BCS conferences that have a conference championship game. We have a minimum of two teams per conference and a maximum of four teams per conference. This would allow for movement amongst conferences with the job offers that will come through the coaching carousel. We start as either the HC of a three star and lower team or the OC/DC of a four star team. That way if somebody would like to be a better team they can't start as a head coach. We could also go down to three conferences but this would cut down on the movement that would be allowed.

I'm not opposed to doing two teams per conference in the six BCS conferences like we have done in the past but that doesn't allow for any movement to different conferences unless somebody else moves.

Of course we could go with an idea like what mich had as well in which we start at 1 star schools and try to build our way up. The only drawback to that is that it could take many seasons and I'm not sure if we can make it far enough for that to be worthwhile.

Just what I am thinking right now but I am open to other opinions

3Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:34 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

I say 3! IMO it makes it more fun fighting for the conference title! I don't want everyones team to be a bcs contender! Just my thoughts I think it makes it more fun and challenging! But I say 5-3 teams fir conserve that way we allow for some movement in the carosel. I also think think we should be hc at a 3 star or oc/dc anywhere

4Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:38 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Only problem with three conferences is that in a conference like the SEC there are only four teams 3 star and lower (Miss st, Kentucky, Vandy, and Ole Miss) which sort of limits the options. What about this idea. We start out as three star or lower teams in the ACC, Big 10, and Pac 12 and allow for coaching carousel movement into those three conferences plus the SEC?

5Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:43 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of four conferences. And with the new way the game is set up it allows us for a lot of change later on. So unless anybody objects I think we will go with ACC, Big 10, Pac 12, and SEC to start.

6Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:46 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

Sorry I digit the sec was soo stacked 4 conf is fine with me lol. Howany user games per year?

7Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:48 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I think we will go with either 3 or 4. You could possibly have three in conference user games per year depending on different things. So right now I think 3 is a good number to start out with.

8Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:10 pm

Rowbo73

Rowbo73

I say 6 conferences. Every year when scheduling you can always schedule user games accordingly. With more conferences and 2 teams per conference it makes for more meaningful user vs user games to potentially be played for conference championships and BCS or just straight bowl games. Having said what I said at the start of this msg about being able to schedule user vs user games before each season starts i think as the coaching carousel kicks in guys should take whatever job they want out of their choices and then we as a whole can decide if they request it to re-align conferences to bring in those teams...e.g. if someone gets to HC Notre Dame and wants them to be a part of the Big 10 then they would request that and we could all decide on it. Or if someone wants to rebuild a program they can do that and request less user vs. user games the following season etc. that way it is interesting for everyone and no one loses interest and the dynasty goes on for a long time. Just a thought.

9Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:15 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Rowbo73 wrote:I say 6 conferences. Every year when scheduling you can always schedule user games accordingly. With more conferences and 2 teams per conference it makes for more meaningful user vs user games to potentially be played for conference championships and BCS or just straight bowl games. Having said what I said at the start of this msg about being able to schedule user vs user games before each season starts i think as the coaching carousel kicks in guys should take whatever job they want out of their choices and then we as a whole can decide if they request it to re-align conferences to bring in those teams...e.g. if someone gets to HC Notre Dame and wants them to be a part of the Big 10 then they would request that and we could all decide on it. Or if someone wants to rebuild a program they can do that and request less user vs. user games the following season etc. that way it is interesting for everyone and no one loses interest and the dynasty goes on for a long time. Just a thought.

This is kind of along the lines I'm thinking. I have said it before but ideally I would like 12 teams per BCS conference and have two users per conference down the road. I don't really want to use conferences without a conference championship (Big 12 and Big East). I would rather add two teams to those conferences then everybody would have a conference championship game.

I really like your idea where a coach can take a team and ask to move to a conference and everybody vote on it.

10Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:52 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

We could always add teams to the big east or big 12

11Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:00 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Texasfight33 wrote:We could always add teams to the big east or big 12
Yeah but to do that you can't follow real life. Which is kind of what I'm saying. Real life conference alignment may not be the best for the od

12Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:18 pm

Rowbo73

Rowbo73

King_CEPS_11 wrote:
Yeah but to do that you can't follow real life. Which is kind of what I'm saying. Real life conference alignment may not be the best for the od

Screw real life...let's make this dynasty our own and make it the best NCAA Football league out there. Then we can all get power hungry and start lobbying for players with hookers and money under the table and in the end to make everything right give the BC Eagles the Death Penalty!! LOL...JK CEPS but the first sentence is pretty much the way I feel! I just got off on a wee bit of a tangent there!

13Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:29 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Rowbo73 wrote:
King_CEPS_11 wrote:

Screw real life...let's make this dynasty our own and make it the best NCAA Football league out there. Then we can all get power hungry and start lobbying for players with hookers and money under the table and in the end to make everything right give the BC Eagles the Death Penalty!! LOL...JK CEPS but the first sentence is pretty much the way I feel! I just got off on a wee bit of a tangent there!

Haha we can give them the death penalty... as long as I'm long gone to a better school lol. But personally I would rather stray from the changes in real life but it seems like others want to keep it like real life. Maybe there is a compromise in there somewhere.

14Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:34 pm

Rowbo73

Rowbo73

King_CEPS_11 wrote:
Rowbo73 wrote:
King_CEPS_11 wrote:

Haha we can give them the death penalty... as long as I'm long gone to a better school lol. But personally I would rather stray from the changes in real life but it seems like others want to keep it like real life. Maybe there is a compromise in there somewhere.

A good compromise would be make the changes in real life to the SEC and screw the rest of the real life changes so that the Big East and Big 12 don't become crap, no chance at a national title, conferences. For those conferences we will, as a league, have to add the teams that keeps it competitive so that it's just not the SEC, BIG 10, PAC 12 and of course the ACC who always has the best shot at the title or top BCS games because of more top ranked teams.

15Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:19 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

A good compromise would be make the changes in real life to the SEC and screw the rest of the real life changes so that the Big East and Big 12 don't become crap, no chance at a national title, conferences. For those conferences we will, as a league, have to add the teams that keeps it competitive so that it's just not the SEC, BIG 10, PAC 12 and of course the ACC who always has the best shot at the title or top BCS games because of more top ranked teams.

I do agree with this. I think that all 6 BCS teams should be used by us to insure that the BCS Bowl games are equally distributed as far as the quality of the teams. Plus morte potential user Bowl games. You have to figure that at least 6 of the 10 spots will be users with the automatic bid for winning the championship and most likely 2-3 of the at larges will go to a user. That would mean that 8-10 of the 10 BCS spots will be users. That would make this OD the greatest one out there. Right now there are 2 spots that the CPU will get 100% with the Big East and Big 12 automatic bids. that makes only 8 potential spots for users. with only 4 automatic bids. That wouyld mean we need to get 4 at large bids which is highly unlikely. Last time we did this OD we did have all 6 conferences and I was in the BIg East with RJA and Fluff. That meant a Big East auto bid was going to be a user.

I say we should use 6 confereences with 2 users per conference. That is my thoughts. Also to further complicate things, there should be only 1 user in each divsion in conferecnes with a conferecne championship game. That way it ensures the conferecne championship game will be a user vs user or a quality CPU team that beat a user. This does though present a problem with the coachong carousel though. We would need to keep the balance once people got new offers.

16Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:21 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

If that is the case, I'd gladly go back to Piscataway and take my Scarlet Knights back

17Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:43 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

This poll was really for just the start of the dynasty. At some point I always wanted to expand to 6 conferences but I just wanted to start in 4. But it has really turned into a good discussion.

But I think what will happen is we will expand to 6 conferences after this season. Basically if you get a job offer from any school you are permitted to take it as long as there aren't already two teams in that conference. So for right now you can take any job in the Big East and Big 12 if you are offered by them after the season. Ideally I would like 12 teams per conference and 1 user team per division, but I realize this will be difficult with coaching carousel. So I will just open up the Big 12 and Big East after the season, but after doing some tests I doubt anybody will get an offer from another BCS team this year.

18Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:52 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

Can I take Rutgers now, sinc I am switching teams?

19Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:56 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

SonOfSithis5411 wrote:Can I take Rutgers now, sinc I am switching teams?

Ehh I don't know. I don't really want anybody in a conference by them self. I wanted four conferences so we would have a lot of conference user games at first then expand out. Let me think about it though.

20Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:58 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

no worries. Just thought about an easy way to expand to the 6 conferences.

21Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:02 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

SonOfSithis5411 wrote:no worries. Just thought about an easy way to expand to the 6 conferences.

Well I wouldn't have a problem with it but I was just testing in a offline dynasty to see how easy it is to get job offers in the coaching carousel. I went 13-1 my first year at BC and won the ACC and Orange Bowl then went 13-1 again the nest year and again won the ACC and Orange Bowl and the best head coaching offer I got was the HC job at Rice. So my fear would be that you are alone in the Big East for three years.

22Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:04 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

Is that because you have the cap set at 3 star schools? my expierneces have been different.I started with Western Michigan and went 13-1 with them won the MAC and got offered a job with Tenn

23Dynasty Setup Empty Re: Dynasty Setup Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:06 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

SonOfSithis5411 wrote:Is that because you have the cap set at 3 star schools? my expierneces have been different.I started with Western Michigan and went 13-1 with them won the MAC and got offered a job with Tenn

Hmm I'm not sure. I don't think I capped it in the offline dynasty that I started but I'll have to check that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum