Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boston College at Boise State

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boston College at Boise State Empty Boston College at Boise State Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:51 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Boston College at Boise State BCvsBoise

BC Takes Down Top Ranked Broncos in Boise

Boise, Idaho-- Boston College was looking to start off the 2012 season with a win but it wouldn't be easy facing the #1 ranked Boise State Broncos on the road. The Broncos had won over 60 games in a row on their home blue-turf but BC brought that to a crashing halt. The biggest question coming into the season was how would the Eagles replace All-American HB Montel Harris. Sophomore Andre Williams answered that in resounding fashion, rushing for a school record 282 in his career debut and it only took him 16 attempts. BC rode Williams to a first half lead and put it in cruise control in the second half.

Boston College at Boise State Pic1-10
Williams Stole the Show Setting a School Record and Rushing for 4 TDs All Over 40 Yards

Boise started the game nicely driving the ball down the field and on fourth-and-goal would score from the two yard line. Some of the same problems that BC had on defense showed itself on the first drive of the game. The Eagles would get into a third-and-long on their first drive but Rettig would find Alex Amidon for a 79 yard TD pass. Amidon sat out last year redshirting and he was quick to show his speed and make his presence felt. The TD quickly noted up the game at 7.

Amidon's First Career Touchdown

The next Boise drive was shut down by a good defensive effort from the Eagles. The next drive would begin the Andre Williams show. He took a hand-off over the right side followed his blockers and broke for daylight. He kept running all the way to the endzone for his first career touchdown. It would be the first of four touchdowns on the day for Williams, all of which were over 40 yards. Williams had put BC on top and it would stay that way.

Williams First Touchdown of his Career

Boston College would dominate the next few possessions. Luke Kuechly would deliver a huge hit to knock the ball out of the hands of a Boise player which BC would scoop up. Williams would quickly take advantage as he ran it in from 56 yards out.

Kuechly Starts the Season Off with 10 Tackles and this Hit

Boston College would force a punt from Boise on the next drive. With the ball back BC was looking to increase its lead and did just that. After getting across midfield the Eagles went back to Williams. Williams answered with his third touchdown this one was from 43 yards out again. Williams had already rushed for over 150 yards and three TDs in the first half. Boise would quickly drive into BC territory and hit a field goal with one second left to cut the lead to 28-10 going into halftime.

Boston College at Boise State Pic3-6
Kuechly and the Defense were All Over in the First Half

Both defense played well getting a couple stop to start the second half before Boise struck. Hedrick threw a 23 yard TD pass to cut the lead to 28-17 and were seemingly back in the ball game. The Eagles would answer back however as Rettig lead them down the field. Chase found Bobby Swigert for an 11 yard TD. The lead was back up to a very comfortable 35-17.

Boston College at Boise State Pic2-9
Rettig Looked Sharp to Open the Season

It seemed that the rest of the game the defense relaxed and gave up to many big plays. Boise would score again before BC would get the ball back into the hands of Williams. Williams had his longest rush of the day, a 72 yard TD run. Neither team would score until Boise hit a 84 yard touchdown on fourth and long. After a failed onside kick BC would answer right back and seal the deal. Rettig would toss his third touchdown pass and second to Amidon on a bubble screen that Amidon took 42 yards for the 49-30 lead.

The Offense was Clicking on All Cylinders Against Boise

Amidon provide a spark for the Eagles offense and special teams with his speed and agility. He has brought an added dimension that the Eagles were missing at times last season. Boston College looked good for the most part but showed some areas that need improvement. This is a great start for BC but they are facing a huge challenge next week. BC will host rival UCLA as it will be the third battle of the Coach Petersens. BC won at UCLA to start last season but then fell to the Bruins in Pasadena in the Rose Bowl. Final: 49-37

Stats
C. Rettig: 14-23, 292 Yds, 3 TDs
A. Williams: 16 Car, 280 Yds, 4 TDs
A. Amidon: 5 Rec, 179 Yds, 2 TDs

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

2Boston College at Boise State Empty Re: Boston College at Boise State Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:12 pm

Xenocide78

Xenocide78

WOW, lots of big plays in this game. From reading this, our defenses seem a lot alike. If we force a team to drive they rarely get points but big plays killed my defense. Fortunately for both of us we were able to come out with wins in Week 1.

3Boston College at Boise State Empty Re: Boston College at Boise State Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:13 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Xenocide78 wrote:WOW, lots of big plays in this game. From reading this, our defenses seem a lot alike. If we force a team to drive they rarely get points but big plays killed my defense. Fortunately for both of us we were able to come out with wins in Week 1.

Yes, that is exactly how my defense is! It is so frustrating sometimes because even if I'm in a safe defense that won't give up big plays, like cover 3 or cover 2 man, I still give up huge plays, and it has been that way all last year and this game, but I usually don't have that same problem against users. And to compound matters most of the time my offense will score so quickly and have big plays of their own that my defense is right back out there, but I'm not complaining about my offense as long as they score lol

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

4Boston College at Boise State Empty Re: Boston College at Boise State Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:18 pm

davisbsme

Nice win King! I always struggle at Boise. Those blue uniforms on the blue turf just hurts my eyes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum