Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

#17Clemson gets upset in Tampa

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1#17Clemson gets upset in Tampa Empty #17Clemson gets upset in Tampa Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:24 pm

ryby6969

ryby6969

The #17 Clemson Tigers came into Tampa looking to start the season off with a victory but left shaking there heads. In what was a defensive battle in the first quarter, Clemson jumped out to a 3-0 lead after 1 quarter of play. In the second quarter, quarterback BJ Daniels hit RS Sr. wr Jessie Hester for a 63yd TD pass. Then at the end of the half, with 15 seconds left on the clock, coach Roy called a dive play that was stopped in the backfield. Instead of rushing to the line to spike the ball, he called the same play again and Jr. halfback Mike Ford ran it in from 3 yards out!(I hit the wrong button. I was trying to spike it a kick the fg, but hit hurry up instead! Shocked )

The second half started out with USF receiving the ball first. After a few plays that got them down to the Clemson 31, Daniels hit Te Jeff Hawkins on a deep cross in which he broke a couple tackles and took it to the house to put USF up 21-3. The rest of the game Usf played it safe and ran the ball to preserve a huge opening week win against the very touch Clemson Tigers.

2#17Clemson gets upset in Tampa Empty Re: #17Clemson gets upset in Tampa Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:09 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Congrats on the win and good start

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

3#17Clemson gets upset in Tampa Empty Re: #17Clemson gets upset in Tampa Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:44 am

ryby6969

ryby6969

King_CEPS_11 wrote:Congrats on the win and good start

Thanks a lot. There is a long way to go especially now that I have to beat a user Rutgers team. It is payback for not having a preseason AA! Evil or Very Mad

marxshut

What wasn't surprising was that the tigers passing game struggled. What was surprising was that it was the QB play of Kyle Parker that was the issue. Clemson's unproven WR's weren't so much the problem as was Parker's poor composure in the pocket. Though it was hard to blame him as he was given virtually no time to throw the ball. USF's front four were generally sufficient to pressure Parker and with USF not having to commit more than four to pressure the QB there were virtually no passing lanes all game.

Clemson opened the game well, behind the power running of Jamie Harper and some early solid defensive play to take and early 3 - 0 lead. However it was all downhill after that. When USF hit a big play to get behind the tiger secondary it all seemed to fall apart on both sides of the ball.

Once USF scored again to go up 14 - 3, the tigers abandoned their game plan and it showed in the final result. The tigers weren't just upset, they were dominated, managing just 54 yards of total offense and completing just 5 of 14 passes. USF could have easily scored 14 more points for style but took it easy on the struggling visitors.

Parker was pulled in the third quarter for highly touted red-shirt QB Tahj Boyd, but Boyd fared no better than his counterpart in moving the ball.

5#17Clemson gets upset in Tampa Empty Re: #17Clemson gets upset in Tampa Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:26 am

ryby6969

ryby6969

Question, is there no mass subs online? I tried to find it in the 4th qtr but was unable to find it.

6#17Clemson gets upset in Tampa Empty Re: #17Clemson gets upset in Tampa Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:27 am

marxshut

ryby6969 wrote:Question, is there no mass subs online? I tried to find it in the 4th qtr but was unable to find it.

Nope, you don't get that option for user vs user games only user vs CPU games. I'm not sure why.

7#17Clemson gets upset in Tampa Empty Re: #17Clemson gets upset in Tampa Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:24 pm

ryby6969

ryby6969

Ok, thanks for answering. That is what I was trying to do in the 4th qtr when I paused the game.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum