Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

#17 Wisconsin @ #5 Virginia Tech, Lane Stadium Blacksburg, V

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

The 0-2 Wisonsin Badgers came into Saturdays game and knew they could as well as they had to knock off the #5 ranked Hokies. The game started out with a punt from VaTech and fumble by Wisconsin John Clay, who would leave later in the game for a bruised sternum. VaTech scored first on an 11yd run by the electric Darren Evans. The 7-0 score would be the same at the end of the first.

VaTech scored again after an interception by the Hokie SS, which lead to 30 yard run by Evans for the 14-0 score. Wisconsin knew they couldnt look back though and they scored on a playaction pass over the middle to All-American WR Nick Toon. making the score 14-7 Hokies. The Hokies would score twice again before half on a slant route that seemed undefendable. Also a field goal by the Hokies made the score 24-7 at half.

The second half started off with the Badgers getting the ball. This time they scored on another pass to Nick Toon this time it was 52 yarder which made the score 24-14, hokies. The Badger D stepped up and forced another punt, which lead to a 28yd FG on Wisconsins next drive. 24-17 score end of 3.

The Wisconsin D stepped up again forcing an interception which was brought in by Dan Megna, OLB. This lead to a 30yd run by backup running back Montee Ball. That tied the score up at 24 all. The Hokies didnt want to lose any momentum, and they didnt as the unstoppable running back Evans took another one to the house giving them the 7 point lead. The Badgers would not fall behind again as they drove the ball down VaTech's throat and scored again from 14 yards out on a TE flat play that was worked on all week. score is 31 all. The Badger D forced a punt and with about 5 minutes left in the fourth, they wanted to get into FG range. and they did after chewing off nearly 5 and a half minutes of clock, they kicked the game winning FG as time expired from 30 yards out. The final score was 34-31 in Wisconsins favor.

Coach Colosimo had this to say. "To be completely honest, I'm suprised we won. I'm happy we did, but I'm suprised. We didnt played defense very well until the second half, we didnt run the ball like we ususally do. Overall, we have alot to work on, however, I did see alot of bright spots in out team today and well work on it from there."

Stats

Passing Leaders:
C.Phillips:26-39 378yds 3TD 2Int
L.Thomas:15-23 219yds 1TD

Rushing Leaders:
D.Evans:14atts 123yds 3TD
M.Ball:14atts 83yds 1TD
J.Clay:10atts 31yds*

Receiving Leaders:
N.Toon:7rec 118yds 2TD
D.Roberts:7rec 125yds 1TD
C.Wilson:7rec 120yds

*-Player injured in game

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Has every one of your games been decided by three points?

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

no i lost by 1 to unc and 10(BS) to georgia

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Oh I don't know why I thought they were all by three, but all close none the less

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

ya the ones i hate the most

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Lol I don't think anybody likes close games, unless you win them of course

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: