Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

User Game Rules

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1User Game Rules Empty User Game Rules Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:37 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I think before each user game the two opponents should post on here with each other as to what is and what isn't going to be allowed in their games with each other, but I thought I would but some basic things down that would be considered cheesy or not sim so we can get some things out there.

-Run Commit: I think run commit was a terrible mistake by ea as it seems totally broken. I don't think it should be allowed in the od at all but if the two users that are playing agree to small amounts of it during the game that may be ok.

-Scrambling: Please try to avoid running out of the pocket with your qb constantly. I understand if there is pressure you need to move away from it but I don't think your qb should sprint out of the pocket as soon as he gets the snap. Doing this once or twice may not be a problem, but doing it constantly is. Also I understand there are some rollout plays and in that case it is fine.

-Types of Offenses/Defenses: I am not going to ban any type of offense or defense. I think most of the playbooks are realistic and won't be banned.

-Same Plays: Try to avoid running the same play over and over again. This is really to help yourself, seeing as the same play becomes predictable and easy to beat. I realize there are plays that look similar so hopefully nobody will get similar plays confused.

-Position Changes: There will be no putting safeties at d-line or cornerbacks at quarterback, and other unrealistic changes like that. In the event of multiple injuries or something crazy, a solution will be figured out.

-Gameplan Setting: You are free to set your gameplan settings on whatever you like. I feel each setting has its advantages and disadvantages.

-Fourth Down Rules: If the game is in the first half you are only permitted to go for it if it's fourth-and-2 or shorter. In the third quarter you can go for it on fourth-and-two or shorter or any time if you are trailing by 16 points or more. In the fourth quarter you are only allowed to go for it if it's fourth-and-2 or shorter if you are ahead and you can go for it any time in the fourth quarter if you are down.

That's all I can think of for right now. If anybody thinks of anything else that I have either forgotten or just not put down please post it here.

Last edited by King_CEPS_11 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

2User Game Rules Empty Re: User Game Rules Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:41 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

hey if i even get in this dynasty. . . do you have problems with moving a DE outside of the lineman? Sometimes this is the only way i can get pressure on the QB.

3User Game Rules Empty Re: User Game Rules Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:39 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Well I think it would depend on how much you move him outside and should probably be discussed with your opponent before the game. I know it is difficult to get pressure sometimes but moving him out a few steps (3-4) gives you an unfair advantage I think because of the de speed. So 1 step probably not a big deal more than that is where you start to have concerns. With the change in sliders hopefully you will be able to get pressure without moving the de too much.

4User Game Rules Empty Re: User Game Rules Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:12 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

ok im usually just a 1 step guy anyway, cuz ive been in a few where you cant move em at all, just figured id make sure.

5User Game Rules Empty Re: User Game Rules Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:01 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Just so everyone knows I added the fourth down rules here and on the official rules page.

In this first season I will be fairly lenient on breaking user game rules as everybody is trying to figure out how everyone else defines sim play. This does not mean that if you go crazy and break a billion rules you will not be penalized because you will but we are all just getting a feel for each other right now.

Also make sure you know the recruiting rules because you will be penalized for going over the limit.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum