Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cal vs Washington St

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cal vs Washington St Empty Cal vs Washington St Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:04 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Cal started conference play on a high note after taking care of Washington State. The game was completely dominated by Cal's high powered offense. After losing the first game by a hair, Cal has dominated their last two opponents behind the arm of QB Kevin Riley and the powerful legs of RB Shane Vereen. Apparently the threat issued by Coach B during the Cal-GA game to QB Riley worked as good as the coach could have been predicted. Since Riley's dismal start against GA, he has been 45 of 51 for 626yds and 4 TDs, astonishing numbers compared to the 5 of 9 for 96yds with only 1 TD and 3 INTs against GA and good enough to put him at the top of the Pac-10 in QB Rating with an season rating of 201.9. Defense was also improved this week allowing only 196 Total yards and only a 50yd TD run by Washington State's amazing RB J.Montgomery.

Although WSU's POTG award went to DE T.Long for his 4 sack performance, Montgomery was the only person who stood a chance of keeping WSU in the game.

Coach B had a few words after the game, "This week was a great team perforance and today, we showed the nation that Cal will be a force to deal with. Overall, I'm pleased with our play today, but WSU exposed a weakness in our defense that we will address before our game against USC next week."

Scoreline:
Teams: 1st2nd3rd4thFinal
WSU: 07007
Cal: 7247745

POTG:
Cal: QB K.Riley 19-23, 293yds, 3 TDs
WSU: DE T.Long 4 Tkls (4 TFL), 4 sacks

Last edited by Elixor1987 on Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

2Cal vs Washington St Empty Re: Cal vs Washington St Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:56 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Nice start to conference play. You should have a good chance at taking home the Pac 10 title

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

3Cal vs Washington St Empty Re: Cal vs Washington St Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:21 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

Im rootin for UCLA all the way this week cuz if they beat Oregon state i move up to number 3. That is if i beat Boise on the smurf turf.

4Cal vs Washington St Empty Re: Cal vs Washington St Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:26 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

RJAfan6 wrote:Im rootin for UCLA all the way this week cuz if they beat Oregon state i move up to number 3. That is if i beat Boise on the smurf turf.

UCLA did win, I think it was 28-25.

5Cal vs Washington St Empty Re: Cal vs Washington St Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:14 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOO lol

6Cal vs Washington St Empty Re: Cal vs Washington St Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:38 pm

alief42

alief42

HAHA! that's right, the bruins have won their 1st game of the season and are 1-0 in conference! 5 more victories and we going bowling! And beat the #3 team in the country at their place! But lost to cincy and north carolina at home? scratch Guess i'll see how i do the next game to see if i'm starting to gel with my team alittle.

7Cal vs Washington St Empty Re: Cal vs Washington St Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:40 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

alief42 wrote:HAHA! that's right, the bruins have won their 1st game of the season and are 1-0 in conference! 5 more victories and we going bowling! And beat the #3 team in the country at their place! But lost to cincy and north carolina at home? scratch Guess i'll see how i do the next game to see if i'm starting to gel with my team alittle.

Props on the win it looks like you are finally finding your groove with your team

8Cal vs Washington St Empty Re: Cal vs Washington St Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:25 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

We'll find out my chances of taking home the Pac-10 hardware next week when I take on USC, WSU was defent but USC should present a challenge...good win alief, was happy when I saw you beat Oregon St...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum