Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

#16 Stanford vs Washington

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1#16 Stanford vs Washington Empty #16 Stanford vs Washington Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:18 am

russeak82

russeak82

Coming off a dominate defensive performance against Washington State, Stanford will try and stuff Jake Locker and the 5-1 Huskies in a battle that will give the win the edge in the Pac 10 race.

After allowing South Carolina to come back from a 20 point deficit, the Stanford defense has been very impressive just allow USC, Oregon and Washington State to a combined total of 16 points. "I like how our guys responded after that game," says Coach Kendrick. "This is not a knock on South Carolina but we should of never given up that many points. All we can do is focus on the next game".

"We are so much better now than we were then", says Sophmore linebacker Shayne Shov "but all our objectives are still in front of us so I'm not to upset about it".

The next hurdle for the Caradinals is trip up to Washington who as been a surpise of there own. "A lot of people didn't expect to see us at 5-1 at this point in the season..so why not 6-1", says QB Jake Locker. "There a great team but I think there are some advantages there we can use". The main advantage the Huskies may have is the home field crowd as Stanford has shown to be vuneralble on the road this year. "I think its just the fact we have some young guys starting is the reason you see such a dramatic change in preformance", say Kendrick. "They'll grow more experienced with it as the season goes on, they already have some".

2#16 Stanford vs Washington Empty #14 Stanford Thumps #23 Washington Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:58 pm

russeak82

russeak82

What was billed as a clash for the for the Pac 10 title turned out to be more of rout from the beginning. "Our team responded fantastic!",Coach Kendrick says. "We new what they would try to exploit and we did a good job of defending it." The Cardinals did just that as they shut down the high powered Huskies to the tune of 30-7.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum