Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

#25 Washington @ #5 Cal

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1#25 Washington @ #5 Cal Empty #25 Washington @ #5 Cal Thu May 06, 2010 9:04 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Cal basically clinched the Pac-10 title by routing Washington in yet another soppy game as the rain poured all game long in Berkeley, CA. Cal jumped out to an early lead thanks to TDs on their first 2 possessions and they never looked back. The game provided little to no highlights except for the return of the extremely missed WR C.Satchell who has been out due to broken ribs for the past 2 weeks. Entering the game as a sub on the first drive, Satchell provided the hands that Bridgford has missed the past couple of weeks. While the Satchell's hands where missed, the most important part of him that was missed was his danger on kick returns. We had a glimpse of that danger in the first half after Washington's first FG as Satchell looked to score his 4th KO return TD but by playing "injured" and missing his highest speed, he was caught from behind by the a Washington defender at the 15yd line. Bridgford played excellent despite 3 INTs and thanks to a stout defense, Washington only turned 2 of them into points and no INT return TDs for a change. Cal sealed the game with a shutout 4th qrt and excellent use of the running game.

POTG:
*Game's decision doesn't matter as they weren't the key players in the game.
My picks:
Cal: WR C.Satchell
Wash: RB Polk

2#25 Washington @ #5 Cal Empty Re: #25 Washington @ #5 Cal Thu May 06, 2010 9:35 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

Nice win and Congrats on winning the PAC 10. 2 in row now for you right?

3#25 Washington @ #5 Cal Empty Re: #25 Washington @ #5 Cal Thu May 06, 2010 10:52 am

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Yea...I have 2 more conference games, but next week is Oregon St and the finale is Stanford for the Big Red Axe! If I lose to either of them, I might throw my controller through the TV...

4#25 Washington @ #5 Cal Empty Re: #25 Washington @ #5 Cal Thu May 06, 2010 10:55 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

LOL!!! I have wrapped up the Big East even though I have Louisville left. Worst I can end up is 6-1 in conference and I have the tie breaker on Cincy and everyone else has lost 2 conference games. However, if I lose to Louisville I will do the same with my controller.

5#25 Washington @ #5 Cal Empty Re: #25 Washington @ #5 Cal Thu May 06, 2010 4:31 pm

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

yall shouldnt be thinking conference championship yall should be thinkin national championship

6#25 Washington @ #5 Cal Empty Re: #25 Washington @ #5 Cal Thu May 06, 2010 4:41 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

I am thinking of the NC but I am not trying to get too far ahead of myself. I still have 2 user games left. So I cannot get too overconfident.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum