Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rutgers Wins in the Dome, but it takes Double OT

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

Entering the Carrier Dome is always a Hot and tough situation. The non-airconditioned building is daunting to many and has housed some of the greatest upsets in College Football. It almost happened again as over confident Rutgers ranked 5th in the Nation walked in with their 5-1 record to play Rival Syracuse who is 1-5.

Syracuse jumped out with the scoring first with a 5yrd run by Bailey. Savage wuld hit Pratt from 28 yrds out to tie it up at the end of the 1rst Quarter.

The second Quarter saw Bailey again plunge in from 1 yrd out and then the SU defense tighten until Willima would return the favor with a 1 yrd TD plunge of his own with 1:49 left on the clock. Rutgers would get the ball back and drive to the SU 9 yrd line but when Sanu caught the ball and stopped on the 2 with no TO's, time expired and it was tied 14-14 at the half. Coach Ryan took full responsibility for the clock managment saying "I thought we could sneak one more play in before attempting the FG."

Rutgers would open the 2nd half with a huge KO return from Robinson to the 43 yrd line and then Savage would hit Harrison from 57 yrds out to finally take the lead 21-14. Harrison continues to shatter the school record for career recieving TD's now with 21. However, those pesky Orange guys would not go away, returning the ensueing KO 101 yrds by Lemon to tie it up at 21. Williams would break away on an option pitch and ramble 63 yrds to put Rutgers up 28-21 at the end of the 3rd Quarter.

Nassib would hit Sales from 40 yrds out to open the 4th Quarter and once again tie the game up at 28. Savage would then get hit and again leave the game with a rib injury. After trading possesions with no socring, Jefferson would be interceped by Mullins who would take it to the house from 57 yrds out to put SU ahead 35-28 with :50 seconds left. The dome was shaking with the upset on the brink of becoming a reality. However, Rutgers dug deep and drove the length of the field, led by Jefferson and Latimer would plunge in on a QB sneak with :08 seconds left to force the game into OT at 35-35.

Syaracuse would open the 1rst OT period with a 4yrd TD pass from Nassib to Miller to go up 42-35. Jefferson would walk in form 10 yrds to force a second OT. Freshman FB Ryan O'Neal would plunge in from 1 yrd out in the second OT to put Rutgers up 49-42. Senior OLB Manny Abreau would then step in front of a Nassib pass on the second play of SU's 2nd OT to seal the victory for the Knights. Ryan said afterwards, "These are the kind of games that build charecter and helps you win tight games down the road. We were lucky to walk out of there with the W, but hey a win is a win." Rutgers will have a BYE week next week before facing the final strecth which includes games agaisnt #20 USF, #22 Cincinnnatti, FSU and #6 Wisconsin. No room to not have their A game on for the rest of this season.

Game Stats
Rutgers[b]
19 First Downs
520 Total Yards
225 Rushing Yards
295 Passing Yards
4-10 40% 3rd Downs
1-1 100% 4th Downs
9-4 44% Red Zone Attempts
4 Turnovers
14:21 T.O.P.

Syracuse
12 First Downs
294 Total Yards
69 Rushing Yards
225 Passing Yards
5-14 35% 3rd Downs
0-1 0% 4th Downs
3-3 100% Red Zone Attempts
1 Turnover
10:19 T.O.P.

Player Stats
Passing
Savage 109.0 QB Rating 17-35 245 yrds 2 TD 3 INT
Jefferson 160.0 QB Rating 1-2 50 yrds

Rushing
Jefferson 13 94 yards 1 TD
Savage 9 65 yards
Williams 3 63 yards 2 TD
O'Neal 2 2 yards 1 TD
Latimer 1 1 yard 1 TD

Recieving
Williams 8 50 yards
Wright 3 55 yards
Sanu 3 36 yards
Harrison 2 76 yards 1 TD
Pratt 2 78 yards 1 TD

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

good win man looks like you got the scarlet knights roling

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

I hope so. Got a brutal upcoming schedule which has 3 of 5 are user games. We shall see.

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

You need to watch out for Fluff...I watched him while he played Syracuse, he played out of his mind. I think the final score was like 57-6, Collaros was a beast!

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

I have been watching. I have a brutal schedule upcoming. 3 user games and 4 out of 5 ranked.

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

and Louisville has only lost once they should be ranked

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

you can do it who all do you play?

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

#20 USF
#22 Cincy (Fluff)
FSU (Alief)
Louisville
#6 Wisconsin (RJA)

Texasfight33

Texasfight33

dang looks really tough should be good to sewe who wins

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

I know. BRUTAL!!!

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

Damn since week 1 and signing those 3 recruits, the love has not been there for my Knights. Maybe if i can knock off USF next week when i have alot of visits, that will change.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum