Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Empty Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:43 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

Coming off a heartbreaking loss to Georgia last week, the Scarlett Knights looked to right the ship with the first of 3 brutal road games. #20 Boise St welcomed the 15th ranked Knights to the blue turf and things didn't start well for the visiting Knights. After a Kellen Moore TD, Rutrgers would be stopped on 4th and goal from the 5 yrd line and the next possession, Brooks would fumble and Moore would again find the endzone. The Knights found themselves down 14-0 at the end of the first.

FR FB Ryan O'Neal would plunge in from a yard out to cut that lead to 14-7 and after an INT SO SS Patrick Kivlechen, Savage would hook up with Harrison for a 79 yr TD to tieit up. Moore would answer right back with a 61 yrd TD to go back up 21-14. The Knights would drive down and face another 4th and goal from the 2yrd with 3 seconds on the clock. Again, Coach Tim Ryan would go for it and Brooks on great second effort would find the endzone to tie it at 21 at halftime.

The second half, Rutgers defense awakened and was able to put the clamps on that potent Boise offense. Brooks woul add a pair of TD's while Boise could only muster a FG. They started the 4th Quarter with Rutgers out in front 35-24. Moore would throw his 2nd pick of the day as JR CB Khaseem Greene would take this one back 40 yrds for a Rutgers TD making it 42-24. The next possesion for the Broncos would see Moore picked for the 3rd time leading to a 26 yrd TD pass from Savage to Pratt to go up 49-24 and that would also be the final score.

Rutgers is still looking for that explosive back to be their feature RB but a win is a win especially on the road and especially in Boise. The 2nd leg of the dreaded road trip finds the Knights heading down to Coral Gables to battle the 9th ranked Miami Hurricane and then at #10 WVU to open Big East play. Brutal opening schedule when you factor in they opened with #3 Georgia at home. One good thing, noone got hurt and Savage is looking like the QB he was hyped to be last year before his injury.

GAME STATS
Rutgers
453 Total Yrds
130 Rushing Yrds
323 Passing Yrds
4-9 on 3rd Downs
1-2 on 4th Downs
7 trips to the redzone
4 TD's 0 FG's 57%
1 Turnover
16:06 T.O.P.

Boise State
348 Totaly Yrds
110 Rushing Yrds
238 Passing Yrds
2-8 on 3rd Downs
1-1 on 4th Downs
4 trips to the redzone
2 TD's 1 FG 75%
3 Turnovers
7:57 T.O.P.

Player Stats
Passing
Savage 12-16 323 yrds 2 TD's 0 INT 285.8 Passer Rating

Rushing
Brooks 15 carries 53 yrds 3 TD's
Savage 10 carries 72 yrds
O'Neal 5 carries 4 yrds 1 TD
Jefferson 4 carries 3 yrds
Wright 1 carry -2 yrds
Williams 1 carry 0 yrds
Sanu 1 carry 0 yrds

Recieving
Pratt 3 rec 91 yrds 1 TD
Brooks 3 rec 36 yrds
Harrison 2 rec 108 yrds 1 TD
Williams 2 rec 60 yrds
Sanu 2 rec 28 yrds

2Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Empty Re: Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:37 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Sounds like a healthy Savage helps out the Scarlet Knights

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

3Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Empty Re: Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

Looks like Moore had as good as game against you and he did against me...his INTs practically lost them both games, considering they had the game all but won when I got my 1st INT-TD in the 4th last week...

4Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Empty Re: Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:41 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

He was picking me apart the whole first half. Thank god the D stepped up in the sedcond half.

5Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Empty Re: Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:49 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

I know the feeling...how did you do against Martin?

6Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Empty Re: Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:13 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

He got away a couple of times but I held him in check pretty well. I know what you mean about him breaking tackles though. He broke a few on me.

7Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Empty Re: Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:25 pm

Elixor1987

Elixor1987
Admin

I usually have the "Big Hit" setting on aggressive, but after Martin's first 30yd TD run, I put it on conservative and he was still breaking tackles on me...

8Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Empty Re: Rutgers Wins Shootout on Blue Turf Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:55 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

I just couldn't stop Moore. He and Savage were going back and forth in the 1rst half. 246 of Savage's 323 yrds were in the 1rst half.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum