Road to the National Championship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Road to the National Championship

Who Will Survive and Win It All?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Question for King

+5
SonOfSithis5411
alief42
RJAfan6
King_CEPS_11
russeak82
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Question for King Empty Question for King Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:16 pm

russeak82

russeak82

Any chance I could change to O-State after this season?

2Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:02 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Yes more than likely you will be able to. I will make up some guidelines about how you are able to switch teams if people want, and then I'll post them in a few days.

https://bcsnationalchamps.forumotion.com

3Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:10 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

Wont they be a 5* with there succes on the game?

4Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:24 pm

russeak82

russeak82

haha no I mean my Alma Mater Oklahoma State University.

5Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:05 pm

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

ooo ok

6Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:29 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya I'm pretty sure Ok State will be at less than five stars and I think they will fall under all the guidelines but I will let you know for sure when it comes that time

7Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:21 pm

alief42

alief42

yes me too!! broke a controller tonite cause i threw it down so hard!!

8Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:58 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Lol thats never good

9Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:23 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Since there seem to be a few people interested in moving I will put down some preliminary guidelines to moving schools.

-There must be an available spot in a conference. So this means there can not be two teams in a conference already. As of now you can't switch to the SEC, BiG East, Pac 10, or Big 10. As people leave and move around more spots should come open.

-You can not switch teams until preseason. I have this because the season starts in preseason and I don't want anybody to be able to switch any time except for the very beginning of the season.

-You must switch to a team in a BCS conference that is 4 Star or less. This is how we started and if you choose to start over with a new team the same rules will apply.

-The order will be determined by a team of the year vote. This is something new that I will explain in depth when it come that time. But basically the order you finish in the poll will determine the order of picking a new school. So who ever finishes first in the vote will get first choice and they can change schools or stay and this continues until everybody has had a chance to choose.

-Once you change schools you can not change again for a minimum of two years. So if I were to change after the season then I couldn't have the option to change until after at least my second year at my new school.

-The team you are switching to can not be coming off of a BCS Bowl appearance.

-There will probably be a scholarship penalty for the first year. It will only be one or two scholarships and only for the first year you are at the school.

-All these switches will be done before we invite new people on so that we have the first choices and also once new people come on all the conferences will be full.

***If anybody else has suggestions on what else should be a qualification to leave let me know. Some of these may seem rough but I don't want guys switching around like crazy and what not so if we make it tough to change schools then that might be a bonus to staying where you are***

10Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:30 am

alief42

alief42

Those rules are cool. Haha guess I'll have the last choice! Don't think too many people will be changing teams since everyone has their teams headed in the right direction.

11Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:32 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya I know I won't be changing teams, and I know there is a few of us that are attached to who we are but you never know who will come open.

12Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:40 am

alief42

alief42

4 star or lower right? And do they change during the season? Cause Oregon is 4 star if I'm looking right and that's who I wanted originally but said I couldn't have them?

13Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:53 am

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

It's whatever star they are at the start of when you can change. So I don't know Oregon's record or how they are doing but I doubt they will move up a star so they would be eligible

14Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:29 am

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

A couple questions.
1. Would I be eligible for a switch since it is my first year at Rutgers? Not that I am thinking of moving but I do have an eye on one school.
2. Anyone looking to leave the PAC 10? I am looking at Washington as the only school I would like to move to but that would need someone leaving the PAC 10.
3. Why do we have to take any scholarship hits? Chances are that the CPU has done a terrible job as it is during the season filling the recruting board with 2 and 1 star talent. At least give us a chance to salavage in offseason. When coaches move in real life they move at the end of the season and have a couple of weeks to recruit (ie the equivilent of our offseason recruiting) to bring in their own talent. I think there should be no scholarship hits and allow us to move after National Championship Game.

Just my thoughts.

15Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:59 am

marxshut

michblue5411 wrote:A couple questions.
1. Would I be eligible for a switch since it is my first year at Rutgers? Not that I am thinking of moving but I do have an eye on one school.
2. Anyone looking to leave the PAC 10? I am looking at Washington as the only school I would like to move to but that would need someone leaving the PAC 10.
3. Why do we have to take any scholarship hits? Chances are that the CPU has done a terrible job as it is during the season filling the recruting board with 2 and 1 star talent. At least give us a chance to salavage in offseason. When coaches move in real life they move at the end of the season and have a couple of weeks to recruit (ie the equivilent of our offseason recruiting) to bring in their own talent. I think there should be no scholarship hits and allow us to move after National Championship Game.

Just my thoughts.

I'm with you on the scholarship hits. I inherited a Clemson team with 5 QBs (all sophomores or younger) and 10 WR's. Plus only 1 FB and 2 TE's (lucky I haven't had an injury there). I know we can sign 4 over, but It's going to take me two full classes to get my OL and DL numbers right again. The CPU way over recruits skill positions. I think if you could make a case for what positions you need based on the roster you inherit you should be able to over recruit to fill your needs, not just to get better players in general if that makes sense.

16Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:49 am

RJAfan6

RJAfan6

no dont change the recruiting rules theyre fine the way they are. you just need to learn to recruit better thats what this dynasty is about build up to be a house

17Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:06 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

michblue5411 wrote:A couple questions.

Just my thoughts.

-Yes you will be eligible. The rule will only take effect if you change schools but for you guys that are in your first year you can switch

-I know Alief is talking about moving but I think he wants to stay in the Pac 10 and I'm not sure about Elixor, but I would imagine he is fairly happy with where he is

-Like I said these are more or less just some idea, not all of these things will be included. The scholarship cut will more than likely not be one of the guidelines I was just throwing it out there.

-As for switching after the national championship. I have kind of been back in forth on this. So if some people have an opinion I'm all ears.

18Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:09 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

marxshut wrote:

I'm with you on the scholarship hits. I inherited a Clemson team with 5 QBs (all sophomores or younger) and 10 WR's. Plus only 1 FB and 2 TE's (lucky I haven't had an injury there). I know we can sign 4 over, but It's going to take me two full classes to get my OL and DL numbers right again. The CPU way over recruits skill positions. I think if you could make a case for what positions you need based on the roster you inherit you should be able to over recruit to fill your needs, not just to get better players in general if that makes sense.

The scholarship hits probably won't be on there I'm just kind of throwing out some ideas. My main goal is to make going to a new school a new challenge and I don't want it to be easy. Mainly I want to prevent guys from switching schools a lot. Basically I don't want people to switch schools to get any kind of advantage over people that stay with their schools.

19Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:13 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

RJAfan6 wrote:no dont change the recruiting rules theyre fine the way they are. you just need to learn to recruit better thats what this dynasty is about build up to be a house

The 74 rule definitely won't change. In most ODs I have been in you get even fewer, so I think 4 extra is a good number, especially because if you have some bad backups that is like getting an extra one in itself. For example I have a Senior DE who is buried on the depth chart, so him leaving won't hurt my team at all and I essentially get a free recruit for him. Not to mention if in the offseason you cut extra guys you don't want to bring your number of players on your roster to below 70 then it creates extra scholarships.

20Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:34 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

I agree with the rule that you can't switch to a team with a BCS appearance or switch in season. I am just saying that if you switch after NC game, then we have a chance to recruit for the upcoming season. I know what this dynasty is all about. that is why i want to be able to start buildingmy team as soon as possible.

21Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:46 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

Ya I will probably let people switch after the National Title, because it is important for you to be able to start building your team up as soon as possible, but the only thing that worries me is the ease at which you can recruit in the offseason. For example last year Nittanynation was Iowa State and he was able to get the top recruit in the nation after not being anywhere close to on his board. So basically I want to protect that guys that do stay so this doesn't happen. I don't think somebody should be able to switch schools and bring in a top class/ top players when we have guys that have been working hard at their school all year, do you know what I mean? But on the other hand I know the CPU recruits horribly. We could possibly to a recruiting restriction in that first offseason for guys that switch, but that won't carry over into the next year or beyond?

Such as something like you can't recruit any five stars that are not on your board to start the offseason. That would help possibly because it would allow everybody that has stuck it out a chance at the top recruits and people that switch could still get a lot of quality recruits to start building with.

22Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:51 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

That might work. How would you police that?

That brings me to my other question. Anyone want to leave the PAC 10? The Huskies have been calling me and offering me the job since Sarkisian wants to leave for USC?

23Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:54 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

Don't get me wrong, I love it in Brunswick but Seattle is so aestheticlly pleaseing.

24Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:58 pm

King_CEPS_11

King_CEPS_11
Admin

I think what I would do is if anybody that changes wants to recruit a 5 star, or is even possibly thinking about it, they should post on the forum and I can the then see if they are interested. Also I can save it as an offline dynasty before in the first week of recruiting and check all the five star recruits that a team has signed to make sure they were on their board at the start of offseason. I don't think it would be that hard to do because I doubt there will be too many five stars interested in a four star or lower school.

I know Alief wants out of UCLA, but I think he wants to move to Oregon, but if you can talk him into going to another conference that could open up Washington. As for Elixor, he is having success at Cal and I don't know if he wants to move, but he might.

Ya Rutgers is nice except for the curse part lol

25Question for King Empty Re: Question for King Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:09 pm

SonOfSithis5411

SonOfSithis5411

See what I mean. PLus no curse, LOL

Question for King Husky213

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum